I Am a Cancer Survivor....I Thank God and Dr. G for Standing Beside Me - Houston, TX

I had a tramflap done because I had a double...

I had a tramflap done because I had a double mastectomy. It was easier for me to come out with my own bady parts recreating what was removed than it would have been to go home with nothing.

Houston Plastic Surgeon

Over the past 15 years I have watched so many people in my family and long time friends that I have known lost their lives to cancer and the devastating things that came with it also effected their loved ones. About 2.5 years ago I had my first mammogram in about 10 years...not a good thing. They found a lump. I immediately had a sugeon and that surgeon introduced me to Dr. G. I have had many doctors throughout this experience of growth in my LIFE...yes, I am a survivor!! My BEST doctor of all is Dr. G....when I met him he assured me that "WE" would get thru this and "I" would be a survivor. He never forgot about me, he always checked on me (did not matter time or day of the week), he did research and had discussions with many other doctors so that he could be the best he could be for ME!!! I love him and his staff like they are my own family. When Dr. G told me that "We" would get thru this...he meant every word of that promise to me. I would never recommend any doctor over him, he does awesome work, he has an amazing bedside manner and he is very giving and caring for his patients - not because they are his patients but because he actually cares about his patients. I am a survivor and I owe so much of my survival to Dr. G not allowing me to get down and give up. God brought him to me in one of the biggest hurdles in my life and because of it, I am still here...THANK YOU GOD for Dr. G.

Welcome Luvinglife!

We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience. A breast cancer diagnosis is devastating. Your words will inspire many women to consider the positive aspects of breast reconstruction post mastectomy.

Your surgeon provided you with comfort, support and professionalism which instilled trust in your relationship. This allowed you to spend your energy on getting well. This is the kind of experience we would all like to have. Your words are inspiring.

Please join us here often as you will serve as a guide to women who are making similar decisions as they move past breast cancer.

Stay well and continue loving life,

Beverly

Hi Luvinglife,

i just came across your review again. How's your life? How has  your experience with breast cancer and reconstruction changed your life? Do you stay in touch with Dr G?

Wishing you continued glowing good health, Looking forward to reading your shimmering words.

Beverly.