36 Yrs & 34HH...Take Away My TaTas Journey - Houston, TX

I love this website...it is answering so many...

I love this website...it is answering so many things that is pondering in my heart. I tend to be a joyous person but there is this lingering that I can't shake. I feel slightly ashamed because I couldn't "lose the weight" as a doctor told me when I went eight years ago just to ask about breast reduction. I am around 196 and a VERY VERY VERY active person. At this time, I am fine with my body but I need the lifestyle change. Meaning, I HURT....everything HURTS....every 1/2 marathon...crossfit class. I hate being dependent on pain meds. Burning my arms from breast tissue. And truthfully, I halfway don't care if the doctor took everything off and just left a nipple...I am just exhausted of being hindered. I don't see my breasts as part of me...they are a like an abstraction and I want to be whole.

I don't tell people I feel like this. I laugh and joke. But there is such a fear which people brush away. I know I have body weight to do when I get post op. I want to have a active lifestyle and not have to overthink a burpee so I don't pull my back.

There is such a vunerablity I am hitting by saying I need to surgery to help me. I tend to over think and over react but I am also coming to this thing naive. I don't know what I need to do to make my healing better...I am a baby....So that is my truth right now....less than a month away and I'm doing whatever I can do.

My Ego is Pressuring Me...

So question...did any of you find it easier to lose weight after the reduction or did your body stay the same. I am scared to death of having the big gut once the breasts get downsized. Like it is haunting me in my sleep. I know I have serious work to do post-op. How long before you were able to workout? What level of exercise? Can I get back to jogging or walking?

Two Weeks and Counting....

I am praying on this surgery...my down payment is $2000 and I am $600 short....but I am going to make a way to get it....HOWEVER this post is not about money (its about stress) but also, what do I need to get pre op to be prepared for post op? I have seen a couple of things but does anyone have a list?

HELP.....

what all do I need to get BEFORE surgery?
Houston Plastic Surgeon

The consult was awesome. It eased my fears of not being "worthy" of this help. I didn't know there was a lifestyle for me that was free of pain. He was and is very knowlegable and so is the staff. I feel safe. He said he would make me proportionate to my body so I was like (damn...get my waist down) and I visited him bloated on my period...but actually I liked that better than telling him what cup size I wanted. Truth is I really don't know those things...I just want to be able to live a normal life and not cringe when I take photos.

GOOD LUCK for your Surgery ! Let us all know how it Goes !
Oh my goodness....thanks so much!!! I needed that....slightly nervous!!
I would suggest extra pillows, gauze, front closure bras/surgical bras, something for entertainment while you're home relaxing, prune juice since a lot of ladies have complained about constipation, Tylenol for when you are ready to get off strong pain meds, Bromelain, and plenty of rest. I'm sure some of the other ladies will add to this. Oh and don't use this until your PS tells you, but Bio-Oil, Palmer's Cocoa butter, or Vitamin E oil. Hope this helps.
prune juice to prevent constipation and bromelain for reducing swelling, that is a good list above
I have the same fear about my body as well. I think it is normal for us to feel like this. But in my opinion and looking at some pics here, it seems as though women appear slimmer after the surgery. I hope this is the case for me.
Hi NutyD :-) I tried the weight loss path first to see if that would help. I lost over 30 pounds in two years and my breasts were still humongous!!!! It was just the way that they hung..loosing weight wasn't going to take care of my issue. I too was nervous about having surgery to solve my issue but there really was no other option. I had surgery 8 days ago and I'm telling you it was the best decision I made!! I am so happy I decided to go ahead with it. It is seriously life changing! As far as the weight loss I am going to be very honest, and this is just my journey. I gain weight by just looking at food. Before the surgery I was working out like crazy because I knew after surgery I wouldn't be able to for awhile. For the first 4-5 days after surgery I didn't really have an appetite and I lost weight. But now that my appetite is back I am having to watch everything that goes in my mouth because i cannot work out so I am not burning any calories. I've gained two pounds back. I tried to go for a walk a couple days ago but according to my surgeon I cannot do any activity at all so walking is now out! So just know that you are going to have to watch your diet closely after surgery until you're cleared to work out. Good luck with making your decision!!!
Hi, Nutyd, I'm considering this PS for my BR surgery. How much did he quote you for your surgery, if you don't mind disclosing the fee. Thanks.
I'm really concerned about the hospital/surgery center costs because another PS office quoted me at over $9,000 in surgery costs.
hey lady...I don't mind disclosing but the truth is that my insurance is funding most of the costs. I was having a hard time finding a PS that Aenta covered and he came recommended to me from a nurse friend who is also going through the procedure. I am going to have to come out of pocket around $2000 but truthfully, my insurance ain't the best provider out there....I don't know the actual cost. If you want me to I can call in the morning and find out...I am just worried about what I have to write the check for...
I definitely have been better able and more emotionally motivated to work out after my reduction. i do see my belly more now but my self esteem has soared upward so much after the procedure. I am 20 days out and have been to the gym 4 times already. I've lost about 7 pounds in addition to the 3.5 pounds taken from my breasts. This has been partly due to a lack of appetite from anesthesia but also from eating very healthy and being as active as the girls will let me. They do tell me when I have done too much.
Thank you so much...that relieves me so much.....I really want an active lifestyle and don't want to wait two months to get there...I do a lot already so i just want to get back to my normal life...
You will do Great ! Just read thru lots of People's Reviews and it will help you a LOT ! There are a LOT of really Great Gals here . With LOTS of Advice and Information here !
You will be just fine! Its OK to be nervous. I debated for years! But the joy I feel now is something that is so great. To buy cheaper bras to fit smaller shirts to not look swole up in my pictures! My back neck and shoulder pain is gone. You will be just fine. Pray, I did and he gave me my answer. I said this isn't a comestic surgery this is medical. I hurt! I will keep u in my thoughts and you will be over joyed after you do it! Any questions check my posts out and I'll answer anything. Also don't be afraid to ask your PS any questions that bother u. I had my notepad and pen with questions for him and he took a seat and answered and explained. On this site we are here to encourage and help. You will be just fine! ;)
Thank you so much!!! I am in prayer and I know that I just want a better lifestyle. I am learning so much every day. Thank you and I am going to check out your posts. I hope to gain any tips I need to make sure I do right by this.
Yep and I have my notifications come to my phone. So whatever u need I'm here. I found this site after my surgery so I just read so Much info and watched videos. But to actually talk to people and ask questions are great! It is going to be lovely. You will feel born again! At least I do. I dreamed and wished for no more pain and smaller boobs. I use to always say if only I could have a small chest. Now i have it and I love it!