I Survived Breast Cancer!!! - Houston, TX

When I was told that I would need a double...

When I was told that I would need a double mastectomy, I knew immediately I would want reconstruction. My surgeon suggested I speak with Dr. Gill. At our first meeting, Dr. Gill explained all my options, and I decided to do the Diep Flap procedure. Yes, it was a lot to go through, but all the nurses and Dr. Gill were wonderful for me. I needed to have some additional fat grafting, then nipple reconstruciton. My main goal was to feel as feminine a I did prior to Breast Cancer. I really appreciate everything he has been able to accomplish and am forever grateful!

I LOVE the title of your review!! Beating breast cancer is a huge thing to celebrate, so I'm glad to see you doing it! Is your reconstruction complete?

Hi Megan, I didn't realize that I'd be getting questions. . .LOL! Anyway, I AM near completion. I'm still "post-op" from nipple reconstruction, then I'll get tattaooing in November.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Breast Cancer is a long journey, with many decisions to be made. I am so thankful to have Dr. Gill as my surgeon. He has always been honest and calm when describing surgeries. I could call the office and get answers fast. His staff is excellent too! The care I received before, during, and after surgery was superb! I really appreciate his expertice. I highly recommend him.