Mending the Mind and Spirit As Well As the Body...- Houston, TX

One year ago this month I found out news that...

One year ago this month I found out news that would immediately change my life. Being diagnosed with breast cancer was both shocking and frightening. In the very beginning, I had no idea where to start or who to start with. Until I had a plan of action, I felt lost. My recovery after each surgery has been quick without issues, and I sprung back to normal activities quickly. I’m very happy with the results. After having such a traumatic experience emotionally and psychologically, it’s comforting to have as pleasant an experience possible visually every day I see myself in the mirror.

NG

Houston Plastic Surgeon

My Oncologist, Dr. Jenny Chang, referred me to my breast surgeon Dr. Darlene Miltenburg who partners reconstruction with Dr. Schusterman. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful team of Dr.'s. I am so thankful that the path I’ve traveled has led me to Dr. Schusterman for my reconstructive surgery. The staff is always so warm and welcoming, and Dr. Schusterman is very professional, very talented, and very personable. I have no regrets about any of the choices I’ve made with Dr. Schusterman which were tissue expanders followed later with implants. I’ll never forget when he visited me prior to my double mastectomy, saw me fretting while I was getting an IV put in (I have never been a needle fan), he touched my foot and said don’t worry, you’re getting cured today.

Thank you for sharing your personal story on RealSelf. I can't imagine the shock you must have been in when you were told about your breast cancer. It is nice to hear that you found a team of doctors that were so helpful and kind to you during a difficult time. What type of implants did you get and how many cc's in the end? Did it take several months with your expanders? I have heard this is rather painful. I am happy to hear your are pleased with your results...you deserve to have great results!!

So very sorry you had to pay 12,000 dollars for breast cancer treatment.If not for insurace I guess I would be out of luck!!.
Sorry that wasn't the true amount just a random input for that field! Insurance is/was a lifesaver for sure!