Today I scheduled my BL/BA for July 11th. I am...

Today I scheduled my BL/BA for July 11th. I am waiting three months at the suggestion of my surgeon to make sure that my milk is completely dried up. I recently weaned my daughter who is just shy of a year old. I loved nursing and would do it again in a heartbeat, I just don't love how it affected my breasts. We are planning on moving to the Caribbean for a few years and I am excited to look awesome in a swim top!

I had my initial consultation with the surgeon and he suggested a High Profile Style 20 Silicone under. I am not sure on the cc size that I tried but I believe it was 425cc or 450cc. I was a 36D prior to mommyhood and I hope to end up a 36DD after my surgery. I am 5'8" and currently 148 lbs. I plan to lose another 10-15 pounds before my surgery now that I can work out more that I'm done nursing.

I have always wanted implants to have larger and perkier breasts. Never did I consider needing a lift also. I am very nervous about having the lift but reading all the stories here definitely help. I am going back to meet with the surgeon again on June 19th to have a second consultation after my milk is completely dry. I will re-try implants and take pre-op photos at that time.

The surgeon I have chosen is Dr. Mark Schusterman from Houston, TX. A friend of mine had her BA there and highly recommended him.

Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I will share my before photos once my breasts are...

I will share my before photos once my breasts are completely dry of breastmilk.

Added photos today now that they seem to be...

Added photos today now that they seem to be completely empty of milk.

Had my pre-op and the countdown begins

I had my pre-op appt on June 19th. Everything went really well and I got to ask my list of 7000 different questions that I'm sure they get sick of answering, haha. The staff at Dr. Schusterman's office is very friendly, personable, and helpful. I feel confident with my decision and am ready to get this show on the road.

Today marks two weeks until my surgery. At my pre-op we decided on Natrelle 500cc Style 20 implants. They are a high profile implant. I'm hoping to end up around a 36D or 36DDD. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I am ready for July 11th to hurry up and get here!

I have already gathered most of the items that I think I will need for surgery and recovery. We have a 14 month old little girl and my hubby will be Mr. Mom for the first two weeks of my recovery. I am trying to get everything in order ahead of time to make it as easy on him as possible. Then for the following two weeks, I am going to hire a sitter to stay at the house every day and help out so I'm not picking her up until I'm a month post-op. We are currently staying at my sister's house since we just sold ours. This will allow me to have help in the evenings when she and her Fiancé are home. At a month post-op we will be traveling down to Belize to do some final decision making and buying for our new home. We will be living full time in Belize by October. I'm hoping that by a month post-op I will be able to wrangler our little toddler and all of our luggage all by myself. It should be an interesting flight for sure.

I'm going to do my best to think of something else besides boobies for the next two weeks, but I know that will be a hard task to accomplish. LOL.

I started taking my pre-surgery vitamins from VitaMedica and have been eating very healthy and low-sodium meals. I am also working out twice a day to try and get my body into a good place so that I can heal well after surgery.

I will update with any new info or whenever I get too excited or nervous and need to vent :)

Pics of trying on Sizers

Here are a few pics of me trying out my new boobies. I feel like 500cc sounds like a lot, but it really doesn't look too big to me. I was a 36D before and to me it feels like I will be a little bit bigger with the 500cc but not too much. I can't wait to know what it's like to have perky, happy breasts!

Scar Treatment

Here are the products I got to put on my scars once the doctor clears me to do so. I spent a lot of time going through reviews on this site and several others. I decided on these two products because they had the best and most consistent reviews. I also saw several before and after photos on this site from people who used them and their results were amazing.

A few bra shots to use for comparison after surgery

Three days to go!

Just three more days! I can't believe it's finally here. My hubby is flying back from work on Wednesday and I'm driving up to Houston to pick him up at the airport. We will stay Wednesday night in a Hotel in Houston and then go to the surgery center at 7am Thursday morning. I am planning on coming home right after surgery. We have a 3.5-4 hour drive so I am trying to think of what all I might need. I'm going to pack a pillow and a blanket. Anything else I should bring along to make me comfortable?

The nerves have really kicked in now. It is getting hard to sleep at night because I keep thinking of all the things that could go wrong and that crazy type of stuff. I know it's silly but I just can't seem to turn it off! I am ready to be on the other side and recovering.

I have new boobies!!

Here is a quick pic. I'll update in detail when I have more time. So happy and feeling great!!!

The morning after

I slept on the couch last night with the pillow that I ordered that has arms on it. I used it to prop me up in a slightly upright position. My hubby set his alarm and woke me up every four hours to give me a Vicodin. I have been taking one instead of two and it is working out great. I can feel some tightness and discomfort but no real pain. I did have morning boob, but after some deep breathing and taking a little walk it's gone now. I am still amazed at how well I feel. I was expecting to just want to lay on the couch and sleep, but I actually am enjoying walking around and doing light activities. I got some TheraPearl ice packs and they have been great for putting on top of my breasts while I'm laying down. Now I'm just anxious to see the final results!! My first post-op is next Wednesday.

Feeling better every day

Today is my second day post-op. I feel great. I am making sure I don't overdue it though because I know that can come back and bite me in the butt. I have some pain in my upper back between my shoulder blades that is pretty annoying. I think it is from sleeping in an unusual position. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty normal. My chest is tight but there isn't any real pain there. I have been spacing my Vicodin out further and further and still just taking one as opposed to two. I finally was able to go the bathroom this morning and that made a huge difference in how I feel. The bloat that people talk about is no joke. I looked about 6 months preggo. I have been icing on and off throughout the day to help with the swelling. Now I just need to be patient and let these babies heal!

Post-op Day 3

I quit taking my Vicodin last night and have switched over to just Tylenol. I am still taking all of my post-surgery vitamins and antibiotics. I have been taking a stool softener and Gas X to try and help with the bloat. I still feel and look very pregnant. Lol.

My left breast has started to relax some but my right is still very high and tight. I had asymmetry before and you can see there is still about a one inch difference in my left and right nipple. It looks more obvious than yesterday now that my left breast has changed some.

I know they will continue to move and change and eventually look very similar. I don't expect them to match exactly so I'm ok with a small difference.

My hubby washed my hair and face for me last night and I'm feeling much more like myself. I am even wearing regular clothes today :)

Type of lift

When I had my consultations we discussed doing a vertical lift. Then on the morning of surgery my PS asked if I was ok with just a lift around the nipple if that's all that I needed. I told him I was fine with that if it gave me plenty of lift and made them look perky and youthful again.

When he came out to update my husband after surgery he told him that he did just the lift around the nipple and looked at it. He said he decided that he thought I would like the look better with more lift and did as we originally discussed.

Now with looking at my scars I see that he did the vertical lift but there is also a small area in the breast crease that was cut. It looks like the incisions was a J shape almost. I remember seeing another review on here that had her incisions done that way. I will have to ask at my post-op on Wednesday why he did it this way.

I am fine with the incisions since they give me the lift that I needed. I told my PS before surgery that I had no problem with the scars and wanted the best lift possible. I trust his decision and am interested to see what he has to say.

One week after and everything is great

I had my first post-op and everything was great. He said I am doing good and I go back in again in two weeks to get the steri-strips off. Both of my breasts have dropped more and are looking very even. They have started to get softer and look more natural. I am in love with them. I am so happy that I was able to have this procedure done. I am very pleased with the Surgeon that I chose and all of his staff. The entire experience has been pleasant.

I have started going back to the gym and just walking on the treadmill. It feels good to get some exercise in again. The recovery process has been so much better than I ever expected. They said I could pick my daughter up next week and that makes me very happy :)

10 day pics

Tape is off - 17 DPO

The tape has been peeling really bad so I finally took the rest of it off. There is still some residue and dried blood but I know it will take time to all wash away. I am very happy with how well my incisions have healed. Now I just need the right implant to drop more and catch up to the left. I'm pretty much back to my daily activities except for at the gym. I'm taking care of my daughter by myself and all is going good.

10 week pics

10 Months Post-Op

Everything is going great. Every day I am thankful for making this decision. My biggest complaint is that I CrossFit and it is taking a while to get back to full strength, but that is to be expected and totally worth the end result. I had a revision surgery on my left breast in December. The implant had dropped very low and I had quite a bit of asymmetry. The left is sitting a little higher than the right now. I'm not sure if it will continue to drop more and catch up or not. Either way I am happy with my results. They look awesome in anything I wear, dresses, tops, swim suits. They feel completely natural now and a part of me. They also look very natural and most people are shocked to find out that I have implants. Love them!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I am just a few days post-op at this time, but I am already very happy with my results. Dr. Schusterman and all of his staff did an excellent job. His staff was very caring and friendly, from the ladies in the office to the ladies that helped me the day of surgery. I would do the procedure over again with them in a heartbeat. I am excited to see my final results and know that it is going to be exactly what I was hoping for.