Ready to Be Rid of These 9 Y/o Bags! - Houston, TX

Hi Ladies! I have 9 y/o saline implants 425cc sub...

Hi Ladies! I have 9 y/o saline implants 425cc sub muscular. I'm so ready to get rid of them! I have my first consult with my original PS next week to discuss explant and possible fat transfer. Has anyone had both done at the same time? I'm so scared of what my breasts will look like afterward. Is there any way to know?

Excited!

Going for my consult in just a few hours! I'm really hoping the doctor doesn't try and talk me out of explanting!! Will update afterwards.

Consultation

Just came back from my consultation. Doc said he could deflate my implants in the office and then take them out when I get ready to do the fat transfer (since I'll be in the OR anyway). Or he could remove them under general anesthesia in the OR. He suggests that I wait 3-4 months before the fat transfer in order to give my skin time to retract. He said he thought it would yield more aesthetically pleasing results. Though I hate the thought of what my breasts will look like in the mean time, I know he is probably right about letting my skin retract before doing the fat transfer. As far as having my implants removed or deflated, I'm leaning more towards having them removed in the OR. I really want the capsules removed and I don't like the thought of the saline from my implants busted in my body. I've read different reports about mold and fungi that have been found in the saline solution of old implants. Thoughts?

Scheduled for implant removal and fat transfer

Im scheduled for implant removal and fat transfer with Dr. Bednar out of Charlotte, NC July 22nd. I'm getting very anxious and can't seem to focus on anything else for any length of time. I'm scared to death of being under anesthesia for such a long period of time. Also scared of what my final results will look like....
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Hey girly, I'm having fat transfer to my breast pretty soon. Would love your insight on how everything went!!!
How'd everything go?? Are you free of those implants yet??
Wow ladies, good luck all ! ShantelH- are you having surgery today (March 10?) good luck! I had capsules removed with the explant and a lift- I was told not to consider a fat transfer until about 4-6 months later- as the fat would not take, it would be obsorbed into the body, waste of money, the process is unique, they take fat from another area (tummy, thighs, etc) clean it separate it and cells are injected then to the breast. Safe but only 25% will ever really take hold apparently! the rest leaves and re observes to the body. I was told not to do this at the same time as explant. I read an interesting post last week on scars, and a link from an explant women , and it referenced how our systems react with scars internally, and the mind remembers injury- interesting read- http://www.drkaslow.com/html/neural_therapy.html I think this is all a reminder that trauma, injury and surgeries play a roll on longer lasting illness and dis-ease in ones system and ultimately, our healing. Be kind to yourselves!- I am so trying to do the same now :) we are lovely as we are xo
My first set of implants were saline. Upon removal they were Green and Black! I had the fungi and mold you are referring to. So scary! Back then I thought it was "normal" to see those results. Just wanted to chime in and let you know that it does indeed happen, which leads me to think capsule removal is the best option. :)
Couldn't he take them implants out completely and then do the fat transfer 6 months later?
Hi there! So many options......I would lean towards one surgery. Sure the 3-4 month would be a bit difficult but, I would trust your PS to know how to get optimal results. Long term out come is important. :-) Also you will get a chance to see how your breast will look without implants. You might like the look better than you thought. HUGS! Keep us posted.
Weird How Your Ps Is Making U Wait To Do The Fat Transfer. I'm getting mine done all in one surgery, the removal lift and transfer.
Hi Shantel--I'm curious why you would need a fat transfer versus just having a lift? It looks like you may have a fair amount of breast tissue after the implants are removed.
Hi Shantel! I think a lot of people worry and wonder what they will look like after. From what I've read here though, it sounds like many women end up with a slightly larger cup size than they were pre implant. I haven't seen any pictures that look bad, in my opinion! They all look natural, soft and real! And after all, isn't that what you are looking for if you are explanting? :) You'll look great and feel even better! Best of luck and big hugs!!
I'm so glad you started your story with us here on RealSelf! You'll get lots of awesome support from the other ladies going through this. Please keep us posted!
Just checking in. Keep us posted on your removal. I am having drains put in Monday since the left one is almost up to pre explant size. Other than that I am doing ok.
Sorry to hear about the drains. Keep me posted as I am still having seroma's as well with increase in size.
Hi. Yea I'm removing my implants and doing a lift with fat transfer in april! So excited can't wait. I'll be following you and keeping up on your updates. I think your going to look great after your explant!
Thanks derasha! Are you having all of that done at one time? How much is it costing you? I'm so ready to get mine done. I go for my consult next week. Am hoping to schedule surgery for early March.
Hi. Yup I'm having it all done at once... removal, fat transfer from inner thighs, and a lift. It's costing about 9000. Good luck finding a Dr that will do the fat transfer and if you find one don't pass put when they tell you they want to charge you 15000 to 20000. I heard it all. It was a nightmare trying to find a Dr that is not only talking me out of doing it but also trying to rob me. Yea his first appointment was late April. I wish it was now! I'm so ready!
Good luck with your consult! No way to know what they will look like but I will tell you that I had very little breast tissue prior to implants and when I had my implants removed (July 2013) I ended up with more than thought I would!
Ty for that uplifting news! :)Having my 11 yr old 400cc saline removed next mo!!! ...(Was barely b cup before ) -Excited in Ar
Good for you for making the decision that's right for you! Good luck with your consult!