Ready for These Implant to Be Removed After 11 Years - Houston, TX

January 2003 at the age of 18 I had my surgery for...

January 2003 at the age of 18 I had my surgery for my breast augmentation. Initially, I wanted to have a butt reduction because my body was not proportionate and I was insecure about the size of my gluteus. I never had an issue with my breast. I went from a 34B to a 34A due to losing a lot of weight prior to my surgery. I am 5’8 and at the time I was 117lbs due to working out excessively and dieting. I worked hard so I could reduce the size of my butt, and despite my efforts it was always too big for my body. The butt reduction was around $10,000 whereas getting breast implants would cost $3,000. I figured that if I had larger breasts then I would be able to cope with the size of my butt because then I would look proportionate and I will be able to wear dresses. I would always get comments from friends saying my butt doesn’t fit my body and how big it was and that made me even more insecure than the fact that I could not find dresses that fit my lower body like my upper body. I knew that I did not want huge breasts because I wanted it to look natural and I did not want anyone to be able to notice. I looked at several pictures because I wanted to go back to 34B.
The first time I saw them I thought they were too big. I looked through so many photos for several months to see what size I wanted based on women who were the same height and weight. I settled for 220cc because that would be a full B cup or small C cup. The Doctor said that 220cc was not available and they had 250cc which would not make a difference. Well, I was measured at a lingerie store and I was a 32D. I knew that as soon as I got the money that I would get them taken out. At the time I was told and even saw pictures of the wrinkled breast after breast implant removal but I didn’t care. I accepted dealing with the consequences of my actions.
Now, I am 150 lbs. I weight lift and run so even though I am heavy, I am not just fat. However, my breasts feel huge and heavy. I don’t wear regular bras and if I did I wore those ugly stretchy full coverage 34 C bras because the regular ones were too small. I refuse to wear a D cup or bigger. I stick to mostly sports bras, pasties, or bralettes. My sport bras now are extremely tight because I gained the 20lbs over this winter (I am working on losing it).
The only issue that I have with the implants is I lost partial sensation in my left nipple and the right nipple is numb. I can only hope I get sensation back if I don’t then the only person I can blame is myself. After having these implants for 11 years, I am still not comfortable with my body as I should be but I accept myself as I am. I am an upside down spoon and I will have to deal with it. I have silicone implants so I will not know if it was ruptured until my surgery.

Goodbye implants

I am truly nervous. The doctor’s office called me to go over last minute information and verify I am still going and to see if I have any questions. I did not get this kind of treatment with my last doctor. I really like this team.

Surgery is done

I will post pictures later. It will be a week before I can get my sutures taken out. I cannot shower for the next 48 hours and I am bandaged. I did peek at my breast and they look flat and deflated but I am not the least bit bothered by it. I am tired and have a little pain at the moment. Another member stated to take pain medication right after surgery. I am supposed to take two but I took only took one. That was the best advice she could have given, now I wish I took 2.

I originally had surgery over the muscle 11 years ago. I requested 220cc and the doctor said he did not have that size and I could have 250cc. Well my implant says 325cc. No wonder I hated them. I am not advocating breast implants, nor am I demonizing them. I do believe if he gave me what I wanted then I would have been happier because I would not have had the additional insecurities that large breast gives.
Regardless, since having breast augmentation I have tried to talk women out of getting implants in the past and every single one still got them. I realized that if someone believes that breasts will solve their insecurities then they have to learn on their own that it will not. Our perceptions is our realities. This morning when I stood in front of their large mirror changing into my gown, I saw for the first time what my ex-boyfriend loved so much. I am in great shape and yes my butte is large but it looks good. It's like I found myself in the most oddest locations. I am glad I am myself and I actually love me more than I ever had before. I used to regret having the implants but now I am grateful I went through the experience to truly learn that my insecurities is in my head and I have to love me regardless. I believe some of us need to learn the hard way. In that room by myself with no one to compare myself to, I felt beautiful. Who decided what is a flaw and what is not anyway? I decided today that I am not flawed, I am perfect in my own way and I hope other women start to realize that as well. Embrace yourself as is ladies. Your attitude and personality is so much more important than your body.

The day after

I have not had my medication yet because I wanted to post pictures and go to the grocery store to get fresh fruit. The pain is not too bad today maybe a 4 out of 10 when not doing anything. When moving around 7 out of 10. The pain is mostly around the sutures. The walk from my place to my car initially was challenging, I felt nauseous but then got over it and felt fine. I am going to take more medication if the pain gets worse. I have been sleeping on my back and side, which is very difficult because I usually sleep on my stomach. That is all for now, I will post more images when the sutures come out or if anything changes.

Not depressed

I read so many stories and thought I was going to feel depressed, however, I feel so excited about these implants being out. I hope I heal well because I keep touching them and looking at them. They are soft and warm and I just love that I don't have those implants anymore. I am however upset that I can't exercise yet. I love to run and weight lift and I am ready to be healed already. Before I forget, the numbness in my nipples are gone, I do not have all the feeling back yet but there is more feeling than it used to be. I keep getting a tickling or itching feeling in my breast, more so on the right side. I am elated and I did not expect to be so happy about this decision.

Already looking at bras

I went to Wal-mart to fill my prescription and couldn't help but make my way to the children section to get some bras. I wanted to find a smaller sports bra and while I was there I grabbed some 34A bras. I love the sports bra because it is comfortable and snug, it is a seamless 2 pack 34 fruit of the loom bra. I also got the strappy ones as well. The 34A bras are a bit snug but I plant to lose more weight so they will fit better eventually. The worst part of the girls section is that I hate pink.

No pain

Today I feel fine. There is no pain except in the incision area. I take the painkillers and antihistamine at night because when I sleep the bra sits on the incision and it hurts. I have not had the need to take any painkillers during the day since day 3, however; I needed the antihistamine the doctor prescribed. The only time my breasts hurt is when I bend over without a bra, which, only happens in the shower when I turn the water off and on. I can now lift my hand above my head with minimal pain. I had itchiness all over my breast, mostly on the incision site all week except today. Today, it does not itch as much and it is only on the incision site. I am going to the doctors office tomorrow to get my stitches removed.

Dissolvable stitches

So it seems that my stitches are not going to be removed because they are dissolvable. I was told that was the reason for the appointment but it was just a follow up. It seems I need to leave the tape on as long as possible to help the scar stay flat and not raise. I am also clear to start exercising on Monday. I was told to start slow and work my way up over the next few days and that at week 2 I can go back to what I used to do. I am excited!

Posting pictures for 1 week post surgery. I will plan to post more pictures in a month unless I see changes sooner. The skin should retract more but even if it does not I am just happy being me. I have been so proud of not having big breast and it seems like no one notices they are gone. Even the men chasing me have not said anything and they seem to be chasing me harder than before. I do not see how it is not noticeable. O_o I told someone, and they thought I lost weight. :/ I guess i am the only one that noticed my breast size. I am still excited. :D I guess it does not matter if it is a breast explant or a hair cut some guys really do not pay attention. Ha!

The gym

I have been running anywhere from 3 miles to 5 miles 3 days a week, I sprint the other days. I also do 50-75% lighter weights and just do more reps. For example I did barbell squats with only 50 lbs added and did 4 sets of 12. This is the second week that I am exercising and today was leg day. I did even lighter weights (20 additional lbs) for the barbell squats but I did 8 reps of 10-15 and 2 reps of 8 with 50 additional lbs. The bar weighs 45 lbs. I also squat past parallel.

So far, my skin has retracted a little but not by too much. The breasts are firmer than they were the first two weeks. The stitches are still sore to the touch but not as itchy or annoyed by the bra. The breast looks smaller, I am assuming some of the swelling has been reduced. I have not had any trouble with weight lifting except when I was doing the bench press exercise. I overextending my arms a little and it felt like I was pulling my stitches. That only happened once but no issues aside from that. When I work shoulders I do military presses and I was able to do them with no problem. So I can raise my hand above my head with ease now.

Friday night after my last update and Monday May 19, I had twinges of pain in the right breast near the center of my chest. It was very painful but it only lasted about 1 minute. I have not had any more pain and not looking for to any that feel like that. I wear two bras when I run because the skin for my breast is still loose and I want to reduce the movement when I run. That is all for now. I have been cleaning and sorting because I am moving soon so I have been extra busy.

30 days and not much change

I do not see any difference in my breast from 3 weeks ago. My incision has been itching pretty badly the past few days. Initially, I had the tape from surgery on them but then shortly after taking pictures one of the tapes were peeling, so I decided to go ahead and take both of them off. I now have the scar away on them. Before, I put the scar away on the incision I had to clip the thread that was hanging out of my body. I did a terrible job on the left side because when I was taking a shower I noticed I did not cut it close enough and when I swiped the area the little piece sticking out pulled and it tugged at my skin. I cannot see the area well enough to try and clip it any further, I am also afraid to cut myself, so I am not sure what to do about that. Other than that I have been fine. I workout as normal and it seems the scar on my left side is better than my right side. The 34A bra does not fit. I need to get a 34 B bra but I have not had the time so I just wear outfits that hide my sports bra. I take antihistamine to help with the itching. I try to take extra vitamin C and zinc to help with healing but I forget to do so. I will update my pictures in about 2 months unless there are changes sooner. Take care ladies.

Overview/ Re-cap

I had breast augmentation in January 2003 at the age of 18. I received 325 cc even though I thought I was having 250 cc implanted. The implant was over the muscle. I had partial feeling lost in the left and right breast. More feeling was lost in the right breast which felt mostly numb. I had the implants removed May 9, 2014 under local anesthesia. I did take a Valium before the surgery. My medication was hydracodone and promethazine (antihistamine). I have all the feeling back in my nipples now (Yay!). I have had painful twinges about 3 times but not in the past 3 weeks. I was a 34 B throughout high school until I lost over 30 lbs then I was a 34 A. I was a 34 A at the time of my breast augmentation. After, my breast augmentation I measured at 32 D, however, I did not continue wearing bras unless they were the bralettes or the stretch material so I do not know how large I was when I gained back the 30 - 35 lbs. I am currently a 34 B 30 days post the explant surgery. I am elated that I have no more implants!

Itchy Incision

Towards the end of my bandages life, my incisions started itching pretty badly. After taking the bandages off, I went without them for a few hours and then decided to put the Scar away on them. I wanted to go a day without anything on the incision but that did not happen because the incision where I snipped the thread on the left side, hurt too much with every movement. I think it was also irritated when I swiped that side a few times in the shower. The itching became worse with the Scar away. It has only been a couple days and I could not bear it anymore. I decided to go to the store and get paper bandages (I couldn't find steri strips). I put that on the incision mark and the itching practically went away immediately. The paper bandages I bought from Walgreens were only $4.49 and much cheaper than Scar away. I wish I didn't waste money on Scar away because I cannot use them. I am probably going to keep the bandages on there for a few months to prevent irritation from my sports bra rubbing on it during my work-out and to help the scar lay flat.

Daily Inspiration

"I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self-image at first. Finally it occurred to me, I’m either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren’t attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy. " Queen Latifah

At the end of the day it is not about what you look like but how you make others feel. People do not pay attention to the details of our bodies like we do. However, they remember if they thought we were rude, a jerk, nice, generous, funny, or weird. Imagine the amount of people we had in our classrooms or jobs that we saw on a daily basis for several months and completely forgot what their face looks like. Be the best person that you can be, make a positive impression on someone and love yourself and others will love you as well.

Not much has changed

I meant to update this post after my 3 months post op time-frame, unfortunately, I didn't have internet for a month so it has been 4 months now and my breast looks the same but the skin has retracted a little. In all my breast looks the same except that the nipples do not cave in as much which I notice when I take my bra off. The scar has flattened out and does not feel as thick anymore. I don't feel any twinges or tenderness and I still lift weights but now I sprint as opposed to running long distance.

6 Months update

It has been 6 months and I can hardly remember what the implants were like. Now my breast are firmer and seem bigger in clothes but in actuality it is not bigger just firmer so it does not flatten out as easy. Most of the tissue was in the bottom of the breast and is now more distributed but I cannot tell in the pictures. I can tell I am perkier in person because when I look down the breast are not as flat. I guess I should have taken pictures from my view.

I measured myself and I am a 30 B. The 34 A is too small because my nipples come out of the cup and my breast is hanging out on the sides. Select 34 B bra's fit but I need to go to a store that sells 30 B bra's. I doubt there will be any changes in the next 6 months but I will still update for my 1 year anniversary. Take Care Ladies!

I Finally Found a Bra that Fit!

Hey Ladies!

I finally found a bra that fit me nicely, however, it is the wrong size. I went to Victoria Secret looking for a 30B. I forgot to mention that when I was home I measured myself and plugged in the numbers on the Victoria Secret website to get my size. The band measured 31" and the bust 33". The website stated if I got an odd number for the band to round down. So that would make me 30B. Unfortunately, the Victoria Secret I went to only had band sizes as low as 32. The sales representative stated the sister size is 32A. I told her the 34A does not fit me because the cup is too small. So she recommended trying the 32C. The 32C was too small and now I have a 32D. Despite me hating the fact that I have a 32D this bra fits me better than any bra I had in my life. Regardless, I know for a fact I am not a D-cup and I am convinced that Victoria Secret bra's run small. I measured myself using another website and I am a 31" band with a 34" bust, which makes me a 32C. The band 32" fits me well but I am still uncertain about the cup. I strongly that I am a 32B. Anyone know where I can go to get a 32B aside from Victoria Secret?

Read further if you want details about the pictures of the bras:

In the 34A I cannot bend over (even by a smidge) because my nipples will fall out and the straps cannot be stretched any further. Also, it hurts because the bra is digging into my breast. On the side you can see my fat over the band (it is as loose as it can possible be). The 34 A/B is right on the top of my nipple and I had to stretch it to cover it. I love those types of bras but I cannot move in it, not even to get up because my nipples fall out. The 34B fits nicely but once it stretches, it will be thrown away because I pulled it tight for the band to fit. At least, I have plenty of room to tighten the shoulder straps, because I had to loosen the straps a lot to get my breast all nice and comfy. The 32 D does not look comfortable but it feels good. I think it is because I am not cutting the circulation off at the nipples. The bra covers my entire breast and it feels supportive but I hate how it pushes it up. The bra is not padded and is not a push-up bra but it acts like one.

Again if you know of a place I can go and get 32B bras please let me know. I don't want to try online because I want to try them on first. Thanks everyone!

The other website that tells you how to measure yourself

Single photos

The pictures looked really small on the last update.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Norris has a really relaxed demeanor and I felt comfortable with him. He and the staff were very patient and answered all my questions. The only issues I had is that there was a long wait on two of my visits due to two employees being sick and a lack of consistency. Unfortunately, the employees calling out is not the fault of the doctor however, I was in the waiting room for 2 hours on one of the visits. The lack of consistency is due to getting different information about when or if I can exercise from the staff and the doctor. The information book had different information as well. Besides that he was very professional and did a great job.