I So Want to Do This...Too Many Concerns - Houston, TX

So I have had the same little boy chest since I...

So I have had the same little boy chest since I was 13 years old. Every fe,ale in my family has at least a D cup and I'm rockin' itty bitty titties. I have always had a smaller waist & a bubble butt, but no breast. I'm ready to do this but I have lots of fears. I have had 3 consultations and have 3 more scheduled. Both surgeons were very nice, informative and seem to have a lot of experience. 2 surgeons said I need to have a lift to bring my nipples up, 1 surgeon said it was not needed. I want a full C small D cup. I don't want my nipples touched at all. I don't know if they really need a lift or not. Maybe someone here could tell me. I'm a nurse and my very first patient experience (13 yrs ago) was a breast augmentation gone wrong. Did a dressing change on the patient and her nipples came off (with lots of green drainage) with the dressing change. So I'm terrified of my nipples being touched. I have a lot to think about, but would really like some input.

Final consultation done

Had a final consultation with another PS. I believe this will be the physician that I'm going to go with. He has all the credentials that I'm looking for, years of experience, personable, but most of all very genuine and caring. I'm discussing details with my husband. I hope to pay my deposit and set the date soon.

It would depend on what the negative reviews were about. You can get a feel for weather or not it could pertain to you, or if its more of an opinion that someone had that was petty. However no negative reviews would be favorable. Keep looking, I've noticed that photos I have seen of boobies freshly done, many girls look all bruised up! My surgeon was super gentile, I didn't have any bruising at all. He truly is an artist and came highly recommended by others in the medical world. Call the hospital and ask Whitney send their breast cancer patients to most often. That's a great place to start your search for a reputable surgeon.
What do you do if you find a negative review for the surgeon you have been leaning toward? I found 2 negative reviews about 4 years old & 12 years old. Neither were for breast augmentation, but idk if I should let those reviews make my decision.

Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf! Have you shared your plans with your large breasted family? :) Glad to hear you may have found your PS. Did this PS say you needed a lift? Let us know if you schedule a date for surgery!

Thank you BethH, My family supports my decision for BA. My husband continues to tell me I don't need it, but he supports my decision. The PS I went to yesterday said I did not need a lift. I wanted to schedule my surgery for next month, but I'm not sure yet. I'm going on vacation in August so I'm trying to figure out the timing.

If you're going to have an active vacation, maybe you could put it off until after your trip? Just a thought!

I had a consultation with a PS yesterday, he said I did not need a lift. I have one last consultation today, then I'll be making my decision.
From your pics, I honestly don't believe you need a lift. The implants will have your nipples front and center. Lol. I would say keep having consults until you feel comfortable with your doctor of your choosing.
My 34B's were very saggy after breast feeding 3 children. My nipples were also much much lower than yours. I thought for sure I would need a lift. My awesome surgeon said he didn't think I needed one yet but maybe in the future. My augmentation went great and my nipples are fine , front and center with no lift. You definitely don't need one.
I had my implants done thru my navel. No cuts on my breasts at all. I finally got sensation in my nipples. (never felt anything in my nipples in life) I'm a 34d as of now.
You have saline or silicone? How was the surgery going through the navel?
I have saline. 600cc, high profile tuba incision. It was easier than i thought it would be. I can lift my arms over my head without fear of ripping stitches. Today is day 7. Still wake up with morning boob, but it's getting easier.
Research your surgeon!! I didn't have a lift or nipple replacement but I had my implants thru the nipple incision and I had absolutely no complications at all.
I had 450cc silicone implants through the nipple with no complications at all, virtually no blood, 7 months later there is no scarring at all. I am very satisfied.