Breast Implants & Lower Blepharoplasty 36 Yrs Old - Houston, TX

I've had breast implants for 18 yrs now & am...

I've had breast implants for 18 yrs now & am getting them redone this week w/ the new "gummy bear" implants. I'm also having a 2nd lower blepharoplasty done as well (9 yrs after one that turned out great & life changing in a VERY positive way but aging & heredity is not on my eyes side & effecting my confidence majorly. Although I should know what to expect, I'm very nervous! My implants were done in 1996 & saline, probably 325-340 cc in one & 360-370 cc in other. No issues really. I'm thinking 475 or 500 cc this time since I'm 30 lbs heavier than I was back then in 1996. My dr recommends the gummies & we are going in front if muscle again. He does have scar tissue to break up at the top of each breast. It's hard to tell anyone or make my husband or mom understand plastic surgery needs so this site has been great lately! Tomorrow is the day! Updates to come soon! :)
Dr Aguilar

My PS dr is fantastic. He did a lower blepharoplasty on me in 2005 & it completely changed my life! I went from hiding behind people & standing in shadows or dark corners of a room or meeting....to standing in the front of a room delivering presentations & traveling all over to speak & present. He's done fillers & Botox on me for the past 4 yrs as well. I know I'm in good hands for my upcoming surgery with him as well. He's got fantastic bedside manners & is full of honesty & integrity. He looks out for his patient's well being & takes his time answering questions & giving advice. I highly recommend him!

Will you be posting pics? I got 510cc gpframe what I've seen on this site they are really big on some and small on some...
I'll probably get brave and post pics. I'm 5'6 & a half and approx 137 lbs so I'm hoping them look ok once they settle. So far it's hard to tell. Some ppl on here look huge at 500 cc but it could be there frame size too. I breast fed three kids after I got my first implants so I was hoping to fill out the extra skin I had with 500 lol
Forgot to ask how many cc's did you get?
Not sure I answered u on this one. I got 500cc.
I hope all went well for you! I also had saline implants over replaced with the new Sientra gel implants. I look forward to following your progress. Thanks so much for sharing. It's nice to hear from overs! Not many on this site...
I've noticed there aren't many of us as I was looking for someone like me. I'm in pain today but hoping tomorrow is better. How long did u have your saline implants before replacing them?
I had 270 saltines 15 years. I'm 2 wks post with the gels. My second day after surgery was the worst. The meds got me very constipated. I was extremely sore the second day then it got much better. Be sure not to over do it even if you feel like you are okay. I have inflamed tissue (swollen breast) with pain the nurse told me it may be fluid that would require drainage and to come in to see the doctor. I saw the doctor this morning he seems to think I have stressed the tissue. He instructed me not to massage the swollen breast and treat the boob like a sprained ankle and to take it easy. Everything was going so well and out of nowhere this happened. I'm puzzled because I didn't think I had done anything that would have caused this. I'm taking aleve every 4 hrs so far no relief. The nurse is going to call me tomorrow to check in me. If the Aleve doesn't work and it continues to stay swollen they may have to go back in. (Worst case scenario). Anyways I am definitely taking it easy and using warm compresses too. Hoping it will clear up in the next couple of days. I look forward to following your progress. I too have gained more than 30 lbs over the last 15 yrs and the smaller implants were way too small. Once I heal I'm definitely going to get in better shape. I'm only 5'3 and weigh 150lbs on good days. Lol. Get plenty of rest and allow your body to heal properly!!!
Thanks for sharing that. I've been feeling sort of alone in this lol. My stomach is so hard and bloated yesterday and today and my breasts look weird still. Bandages off late yesterday and the sports bra seems to rub across my stitches ugh. Did you lightly rub or massage them and what day post op? My right breast hurts most and I thought about icing it. Did u ice ? I think I get stitches out of breasts and eyelids on Monday. I sure look and feel hideous lol. I wasn't sleeping more than 30-60 min at a time since surgery but finally slept some and it helped. The eyelid surgery requires you to sleep in chairs or sitting up sooooo uncomfortable but prevents swelling and bruising.
I had to wait 7 days before I began massaging. I am dealing with inflamed tissue in my left breast. The doctor told my to apply warn compresses and to wear a light support sports bra. The nurse is suppose to call me Monday to check on me. I spoke with her today and I was called in an antibiotic just in case there's infection. She told me she didn't think I needed it because the doctor seems to think it's just strained tissue. I filled the prescription but haven't stared it... I don't want to take it I'd I don't have infection because antibiotics always give me a yeast infection... I don't want to I over react and end up with issues down town. On a lighter note my doctor had told me during consultation that boobs are sisters not twins and they would not be identical. Well when he saw me he said " you have a sister and a cousin". Lol I'm ready for the sisters! My left is so much larger and soooo sore... It sucks not being able do anything.... I can't wait to hear how things go when your stitches come out! I'm sure you will be pleased!
Did u get an antibiotic originally to take after surgery ? I did. They said it was to prevent any infection during recovery. Today is post op day 3 and much better but I feel sore, tired and get nauseous easily. I also had my eyelids done so I'm feeling sore in two places instead of one. I wanted to knock it out at once so I knew recovery would be extra hard. Was your tummy bloated and weird? Mine looks pregnant and I've not gone to the bathroom since Tuesday so my stomach hurts . Pain meds always do that it seems but sure sucks. My incisions are super sore today too. I get stitches out on Tuesday not Monday like I hoped. No makeup is killing me but my eyes are stitches and taped so I'm staying home and hiding .
They gave me antibiotics during the surgery and put antibiotics in the pockets. I also had scar tissue that was attached to the old implants he said it was probably because they were textured. It took me five days to go to the bathroom I was miserable. I tried using over the counter med to make me go but it didn't work. I'm still not regular and bloated! My left boob is not as sore today but swollen still!! I'm worried about this because I did not experience this with my original implants. My boobs before removal we're retry much even. Is it possible the fluid will make thicker scar tissue which is causing this??? I don't know but I'm really concerned! My right is soft and squishy but the left is much harder. The doctor told me Thursday stop massaging until the left boob gets healed. The nurse called me in the antibiotic Friday but I haven't taken any because the nurse said she didn't think I needed it if it was strained tissue and it wasn't feverish. Antibiotic gives me yeast infections so I'm hesitate to take it if I am over reacting. The doctor will call me Monday to check on the swelling. I hope all goes well with you! Keep me posted!
Was your scar tissue on top of the implant or on a side? Mine was ontop. They said mine were overfilled and didn't even have serial numbers on the implants. Scary. I'm lucky they made it 18 yrs without major issues. I wonder why one of yours is harder? I hope it's just tissue needing to heal. Oh and I sent my poor embarrassed hubby out for laxatives tonight lol probably not the perfect Saturday night for him lol
Scar tissue was on top. Sounds like you have a hubby that loves you very much! The doctor said it's the swelling that is causing it to feel harder. So many horror stories about doctors I sure hope my doctor doesn't doss appoint me! Been using warm compresses and taking aleve. It's still swollen and pain... I'm so worried it's making me sick to my stomach!! I hope the laxatives work for you!!!