SX Date 11/11/2014! Dr. Cortes!! - Houston, TX

Hello Everyone! I am new to Real Self and I have...

Hello Everyone! I am new to Real Self and I have been doing much research on the BBL process! I must say that there is some phenomenal work out there. I am 33 and I am looking to enhance my curves! I will be posting some before pics really soon as well as my measurements. I will also keep you all posted on the outcome of my consultation. I will start my profile out asking that anyone with negative comments PLEASE stay off my page, lol... I am here to uplift the spirits of those that are on the same journey as I am. I am shooting for a SX date in Early December. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

Moved BBL consultation up to 08/28/13 due to the Holiday

I moved my consultation up to the 28th because I was advised that due to the upcoming holiday that the office will be closed on the 31st. I will keep you all posted on the consultation!

Cortes Consultation Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my in person consultation. I will post some before pics and my measurements and see what he says. I am 5'3" and 150 lbs. More muscle than fat so I am scared he is going to make me gain weight. I still want to look stellar even if I am waiting to have a bbl done. I will keep you all posted my loves!

SX Date 12/12/13! Dr. Cortes!!

Consultation went wonderful! Dr. Cortes was a real sweetheart. He wants me to gain 5-10 bls. I am going to get 200cc in each hip and 900cc in each cheek. My Surgery date is December 12th. I paid my deposit today to lock in my date. Yay!! Lucy was the sweetest ever. Very hepful. Dr. Cortes made me feel so comfortable. He says that I already have a great shape so I should be a knock out when I am all done. His scale says I am 155, but I don't have a lot of fat, so I have to start drinking protein shakes, taking multi vitamins and EATING late... I shouldn't have any problem in that department. I just don't want a miserable feeling of getting fat. I already am not happy with how I look now, thus making want the procedure in the first place. But hey, it will all be worth it in the end!!! Pictures Coming Soon!

Need to stop losing weight ugh...

Dr. Cortes told me that I needed to gain 10 to 15lbs and it seems like I am losing weight instead... Smh... I just went to the GNC and purchased a protein supplement. I hope this helps! Although I am 5"3 and 155lbs, I have big bones and lean muscles, so I don't have a lot of body fat to use. It's frustrating as hell... I have to figure out how to edit my before pics to where my tats are not as revealing before putting them up. I will continue to follow everyone's journey. If you have any advice for a girl looking to gain weight let me know! Congrats to the ladies just crossing over!

Before Pics

I've lost about 8 lbs since this... I have to gain it all back plus about 5-10 more for my desired results... These pics make it look like I am working with a little something, but trust it is very little lol!

More Wish Pics

Worried about weight loss...

Ok Ladies... I am on the countdown, less than 60 days to go and I have lost weight. I don't know if I should re-schedule my procedure or cancel it all together. The money is not an issue for me... It's the desired results! I refuse to go through all that pain knowing that I don't have enough fat to harvest to get the desired results. Women go through months of itching and wearing garments after a procedure of this magnitute. If I am going to do all that, it has to be worth it! I am going to see if I can schedule another consultation with Cortes and see what he says. If anyone has any insight on lipo of the arms and legs let me know. I've read a few blogs where women have been left with lumpy arms and legs from having lipo done. (From different doctors, so no reflection on any doctor in particular) I am asking about the outcome itself. Sometimes, everyone around us can tell us how beautiful we are but we just don't see it or are not satisfied... That is where I am. I want to happy with the reflection staring back at me when I walk past a mirror. I want to do this FOR ME. So if there are any vets that can give some advice please Inbox me or leave a comment below. I will post a recent pic soon...

Rescheduled to March 17th 2014...

I saw Dr. Cortes on Saturday and I just have not gained enough weight. What I LOVE about Dr. Cortes is his honesty. He will definitely let you know if you can not achieve the desired results with where you are. He re-assured me that it is possible if I gain the needed weight. Some doctors would have just performed the procedure, took my money and then told me after the fact that there was not enough fat to harvest. So big Ups to Dr. Cortes for being more concerned about my happiness than the money in his bank account!! He is realistic and honest and with BBL's gaining popularity, that is hard to find. So I will do as he advised, and follow his instructions so I can achieve the look I want. Best time to gain weight is the Winter anyway!! I will have procedure in the Spring just in time for me to be Summertime FINE!!!

Surgery Date Cancelled Again :-( Considering Implants... INBOX ME LADIES! PLEASE

I just can't seem to gain the weight that I need. And now that everything is paid for, I am considering implants. Ladies, please inbox me on your experience getting implants. I think that will be my next option. I will update my SX Date on the First of March and let you ladies know when you can expect my transformation. I wouldn't choose any other doctor to do this procedure. Cortes is honest, and he is very concerned with making sure each patient achieves their desired results. That is the most important! He is also very in tune with what the patient wants and what they should expect. In the meantime, I will try to gain my weight. I'll add updated photos next week as well.

Paid in FULL & Rescheduled to November 11th 2014!!!

I have lost 10 lbs so that means I will need to gain 20 lbs to reach the desired weight. With it being March and my new date scheduled to November, that will give me 8 months to gain my weight. If I can gain 3-5 lbs a month, I will be on my way to my desired look. I am cutting out energy drinks, smoking and long days with no lunches...lol. I want my weight to be gradual so it can be the fat that will last. Otherwise, quick weight gain can sometimes mean quick absorption. I have thought long and hard about this decision. I have went back and forth. Some days I question why am I doing this when I already have a nice shape, but then I log on to REAL SELF and see all of my beautiful BBL Sisters and quickly I come to my senses. I know that the first 6 weeks will not be the best, but I know the next 6 years will be well worth my investment!!! So ladies wish me luck. I don't want to do implants, but trust and believe that if I am not where I want to be with my weight, implants it is. I have a sit down job so it is imperative that I gain this weight. Since the money is already spent, I have to make sure that my investment does not go to waste. Besides, why suffer through the pain only for it to only last through the swelling process. So if anyone has any weight gaining recipes I am willing to take notes! Congrats to all the sisters that made it to the other side. Wish me well!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I know how you feel about having to gain weight. I hated it! The depressed feeling of not being able to fit in you clothes anymore, skin probs etc. Try eating really late everyday it help me I was eating burger and fries every night lol and you will defo see some results. Good luck on you journey hun
Ensure twice a day in between meals can definately hell with the weight gain. Good luck sis!
CONGRATS HUN!!! AND CARBS CARB CARBS FOR WEIGHT GAIN!!
Your big day is near, I was going with Dr. Jimerson I've since changed my mind. I'm going with Dr. Cortes he's the best!
Hello! How have you been? Getting close to SX time! And with Dr. Cortez too, I'm excited to meet him!
Yes I love Dr. CORTES honesty. I know you'll turn out beautifully!
Thank you Beautiful! I am just trying to get like you Hunni. Now I am going to gain this weight, lol, cause I've paid and you know $2200 is non refundable. Hopefully I will be able to do so during the holidays.
No prob during holidays...I loveee all ofthe sweets!!
Yes pls. post your current pics. Then we can better advise.
I had arms and legs lipo.... turned out fine. Good luck on your journey!
Ive had lipo of the legs..turned out fine....didn't do arms yet..maybe with ny tt...how much do you weigh now...have you checked my blog lately?
Thank you for posting information. It puts me at ease to know someone has consulted with him and is impressed, I will follow your journey
Oh girl!! It is so much fun gaining weight!! I was at 135!! I'm use to working out n eating clean but like Mariel2013 said eat fatty foods especially late at night.. Drinking protein shakes after eating also helps gaining weight!!! I'm frustrated as well!! I have to gain 20 pounds!! -______-
Drink high calorie protein shakes at night, ice cream, cake, burgers and french fries, go all out!! that what i did lol beer has a lot of calories too but not alot of women like beer.
THANKS Mariel2013! I am going to buy me some ice cream daily and maybe keep me some fries on deck lol... I have to be careful with beer because of the yeast... But I will keep that in mind too. I'll have to compare the limearita's since they are essentially beer too (malt beverages). I definitely want to be happy with my results.
Congratulations Ms. Selfmade.....your on your way to being a Curvy Cortes Doll :)
So your dad gave in? Or is mom better understanding? Tell me how you worked it out in your favor.
Alright now!!! That's good news. I'm gong to be following your journey. Isn't talking to him just like talking to a good friend? I admire and appreciate how he takes time to thoroughly educate his patients. Now... Get to grubbing & gaining!
Thanks sis. I will be following your journey as well!
U chose one of the best surgeon for the bbl. he does excellent work. U know u going to be well pleased with eh outcome. 2 thumbs up for team Cortes
I am definitely hoping so!! I am looking for some BBL Sisters that I can become cool with along my journey since I am right here in H Town.
We got to stick together c it's a new journey for us all. We need sisters that are supportive and understanding of the procedure bc it's no joke and having support n encourage from one another would make the journey a little more pleasant. I'm one bbl sister that u can count on for support on ur journey.
I agree. We need to form a "sistahfriendhood". A strong alliance that inspires, supports, and encourages.
We need to start a blog for all that have had, getting to have and thinking if having. Support would be strong n with the inspiration that round make it do much better. Staying in contact with one another n being motivation on real self. That would help a lot of us with our journey. We need to stop bring negative towards one smother n give support.....iJS
Oops being not (bring)