A Quaified Doctor Made All the Difference... - Houston, TX

I had my first of five Fraxel treatments on...

I had my first of five Fraxel treatments on Friday, May 8th. My doctor applied numbing cream to my face 2 hours prior to my treatment and rubbed the cream into my face every 20 minutes while I waited. When it was time for my treatment, I was given a hand-held cooling wand to use as needed to cool my face.

I received the treatment on my cheeks and chin for acne scarring. I didn't feel the first pass, but it got a bit more intense after each pass. I would describe it as hot pricks polling across my face. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) I would rate the pain at a 3.

My face became swollen, but never hurt afterwards. Right now, the swelling has gone down a little bit, but my skin is more red and starting to flake. I can already tell a difference in the texture of my skin. My doctor used 55 mjls. My treatments will be spaced one month apart from each other.

How did your fraxel on your cheeks turn out? Are you happy with the results? -Jim
i want to add one more thing, richardson what was your setting the this physician used?? He used 55Mj and 11TL from the 3rd to 7th treatment because my skin is type IV.
Cheeks and chin
Houston Dermatologist

Dr. does the procedures himself at the Baylor Clinic. He is highly trained and did his fellowship at Harvard. I think that having a good doctor is what made my experience a good one.