Trust Your Instinct Just Don't Do It - Houston, Texas

Fraxel restore on part of my face (the part just...

Fraxel restore on part of my face (the part just to the side of my nose) to generate collogen around a scar from a previous laser procedure to remove wart.

The doctor ran the laser 8 or 9 times across the area (area just to the side of nose), this was a restore laser and i thought it was suppose to be gentle.

It is 5 weeks out and i am still red/bronze glow in color. The doc said it will take time and i ware sun block to prevent damage.

How long of a recovery time have you ever heard of from something like this. Area still itches and burns and i am worried about scarring and discoloration.

What was the doctor full name?

{edited}, but in his defence, i have to say the procedure worked. It took a little longer than a year, but color returned to normal, swelling went down and the area continues to build collogen where the damage was done by the first laser treatment years ago. I think that after the age of 50 skin repair can be excruciatingly slow and you have to do all the right things ie. not smoke, stay out of sun, and correct diet for it to heal. These things are more important as we age and cannot be ignored. I went with all these things post op, including 45 spf every morning, no exceptions, and it worked. He seems to be experienced and knowledgable, but anxiety and depression of what you may have caused yourself in the beginning can quickly raise doubts and suspisions about anyones credibility. Hope this helps

Edited by Sharon: We've added your doctor's information to the review. Thanks!
Please tell me what MD does this for $200.00 I would love to fly to Texas for this. I could see my son and friend while in the area.

Redness and discoloration went away at about the 1...

Redness and discoloration went away at about the 1 year mark. Improvements such as minimization of scar and development of collogen in the area still continued for about 7 to 8 months after that. I think there are newer and better lasers on the market that might be better to use for this application. (discuss all options with him before treatment)

can't you change your "Worth it" rating to "not worth it"?

it really distorts the percentages and the truth about the dangers of Fraxel doesn't get noticed if you don't change it!

every review counts!!

Did you not read all my post? It took quite a while for this laser procedure to resolve itself. So while i gave it a thumbs down at first, and for almost a year after that, It finally did what it was supposed to do. Hope things will turn out for you in the end. I know this laser goes deep and disruptes the skin at many levels so healing may take a lot longer than what was told. I know in my case i was told 3 weeks to a month the swelling and redness would go away. Three months later i was still putting ice packs on it as the pain and discomfort would all of a sudden return. Red skin did not really begin to abate and return to normal till about 11 months to a year. Hope you've stayed out of the sun completely as even a little under this condition will be damaging to your skin. Seriously, become monk like and moisturize.

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Doctor said he hit me hard to get maximum benifits - along came maximum pain and uncertain outcome