I Had my Tummy Tuck Revised–-Houston, TX

I am a 26yr old mother of 3 and three years ago i...

I am a 26yr old mother of 3 and three years ago i had a breast reduction & tummy tuck. My breast reduction i was pleased with but I did not receive the results i expected on my TT. My scar line was extreamly off and one side of my stomach was alot fuller then the other side, not to mention i did not get a pubic lift or any lipo to my hips as i expected to.

Well besides not being happy with my TT i kept receiving bad infections in my belly button and my plastic surgeon at the time kept blowing me off, so after all these years i finally found an amazing doctor that corrected this issue for me.

please note in my pics below that i do have stretch marks but i had really bad stretch marks from gaining so much baby weight, & also note i have a really short torso so i look alittle fuller in my waist area only cause the way i took my pics.

Ok so 3 wks post op and i am feeling great but the...

ok so 3 wks post op and i am feeling great but the swelling does have it's good and bad days.....when it is at it's low point i feel like trying on all kinds of new clothes but when the swelling is pretty excessive i feel like i am not happy with it even though i know the healing process takes time.

Ok so it's 5 wks & 2 days post op and i...

ok so it's 5 wks & 2 days post op and i havent taken anymore pics cause it seems that i am in swell hell apparently......so i thought everything was doing better and i guess it was cause my lump finally went down completely but now my stomach is swollen and it looks like it did at 2wks post op........blahh.......well i guess i can't complain cause i know the end result will be more then i expected and i just need to be patient with the healing process, but it's just hard for me cause i'm very impatient.....HEHEHE.....so i'll update next week and if i look like a model then i'll put the pics up.

Ok so 9wks & 4days post op and i actually have...

ok so 9wks & 4days post op and i actually have gained 14lbs & i have no clue where it came from......literally this weight popped up in 10days.....i hope its all water weight cause i am pretty swollen latey but i havent been able to wear my binder due to my right hip trying to heal from a stitch that got infected......well i feel great besides having this bloated feeling and honestly in person when my swelling is down i can see the difference in my body but on pictures i cant tell i even look different!!

Im going to my doc. on the 19th of nov. for my...

im going to my doc. on the 19th of nov. for my 3mth f/up and im really excited cause alot of my swelling has gone down and i feel really good about my results .....the only thing i even though i may not be seeing it on a daily basis i still do have swelling and at times my swelling is horrible, but like i said i'm only 3mth post op and the healing process could take up to 1yr. so as of now i think im fdoing pretty good....LOL

Finally got my pics to upload so go ck them out......

finally got my pics to upload so go ck them out.....10wk post op pics.

Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. is a very patient and informative doctor. He is very good with responding to any e-mail that is sent directly to him and he is the one that actually respondes back to you not his assistant. This doctor take the time to listen to what you have to say and takes everything into consideration and doesn't just ignore the issue. The staff is very friendly and are very promt with returning any phone calls. Not to mention after surgery his nurse will call you everyday to check up and just to make sure you do not need anything.

Hey girl, I hope you are all good and loving your final result. I am planning a revision as well so its nice to see that you can get good results the second time around.
U did really well..considering its your second time..u look great. Good luck with the rest of your healing.

You look great!!!  You are still pretty early in recovery so that swelling may taunt you for a while longer....in fact I know it will.  I know what you mean though.  One minute you are flat and the next puffy..Grrr!  Frustrating.   You will get there soon enough.

I had the same problem with a couple of stitches at about 10 weeks.  Mine were at each end of my incision and right smack in the center.  The ends were large knots of suture pushing to the surface and they erupted like a big boil.  It felt good to finally get them out and then the holes cleared up quickly.  No infection or anything though.

You already look good in that bikini and I know you will look even more fabulous by Christmas!
ok so honestly i have lost track of what i am soupposed to be doing and if i am not mistaken i am 9wks post op as of tomorrow.....i have just started to go back to college so i can get my business up and running hopefully by the end of the year but it seems like every time my swelliong goes down and i'm feeling SEXY (LOL) i look down at my tummy and its like over kill ...just wham swelling, swelling, swelling.....arghhh i am so ready for the swelling to go down and i also have this one spot on my right hip that keeps giving me hell cause a stitch is trying to come out and it apparently just aint making progress....LOL....well hopefully i will look sexy by x-mas cause we are going to mexico.....whoo hoo....bikini here i come ( well maybe )
Girl you are funny!! Gotta love the swell hell moments! I am five months and still have swelling by the end of the day. Grrr...hang in there because they say it can take up to 12 months totally heal.
ok so today is 3wks post op and i am alittle more swelled at times on my lower ABD but on good days the swelling looks awesome i mean it almost looks as if it's all the way gone even though i know it ain't....the only bad thing now is that i have a lump above my belly button that is kinda hard and alittle sore at times. this lump is hard when i touch it and i am just hoping it is not a pocket of fluid, i have contacted my PS on this issue cause i have over done things alittle since i have felt well but despite feelig good my PS told me to slow down and i could of just pulled my muscle right along that muscle tightening which would cause it to swell and bruise but as long as i am taking it easy and wearing my binder it should go down ..........so once again i am gonna include som pics for my 3wk post-op and if anyone else has had the issue with the lump above their belly button please let me know.
Yes I do have the lump above the belly button. I am 18 weeks post op and this just appeared within the past two weeks. I went in to my PS and he checked me for fluid. No fluid and nothing to really worry about. Just some swelling that will take time to go away. With that said I do have days when the swelling is bad and other days I have little to none at all. He reminded me that this healing can take up to a year. So I will just be patient and not work my core at all He has me waiting until 6 months to start working the core and even then he wants me to take it easy from months 6-12. Massage your belly (lump) gently a couple times a day with some vitamin E oil. That seems to relax the muscle and it simmers down.
i went to the doc. today and he said it was prob. hust swelling and i might of over done it alittle and i could of pulled a stitch and made it bleed alittle giving me a hematoma but he thought i was mostly swelling and i am gonna wait a wk to ck bac up cause i did notice last night that the lump did seem to decrease in size by just a hair so maybe i was just stressing myself to much due to my previous bad experiences.....is your lump real hard or soft and if you lay on your back does it seem like you can kinda move it side to side just alittle......
I am glad you had it checked! Mine is hard but does not move. It feels like a big hard knot and it is sore. When I wake up in the morning it is not bad but by noon it is pretty big an swollen. For some reason my body is slow to heal in that area. Mine seems to feel better with light massage and ice. Just keep and eye on it and try to take it easy...I know that is hard to do!
You look great a women should have an hour glass as long as You go in at waste you will be fine don't become obsessed I had three cosmetic surgeries low n behold I started thinking my ass needs a lift then I got control enough is enough I spent alot of time doing research after this last surgery n realize How lucky I m not to Have had anything Really bad happened n my sister went a little nuts her last procedure messed her up For life. U look great enjoy God bless Tess
wow i am sorry to hear about your sister and sometimes i do think i get alittle obessive with my body and i want it to be perfect like it once was beforem, but then reality hits and i realize that everybody is gonna judge people no matter how perfect they may look thy will still have a flaw.....as long as you are happy on the inside then your life is already better then most!
so i am starting to nitice my swelling on my hips is going down and it don't look like i have a bulge of skin still just sitting there as it was in my previous TT. The other thing i did notice is boy do i ever have big hips, i mean i never really noticed how much my hip bones stick out i just realized this when i was feeling the swelling in my hips and i felt my hip bone not too far under the skin which kinda got me alittle upset cause no matter what i think all women have high expectations and i guess i did too cause i was hoping that i would be model ready with completely flat hips but now that i realize that my hip bones are the big issue and once my swelling goes down i'm still gonna have these big ol' hips......kinda depressing.....but on the flip side i wont have any infections in my belly button making me feel dirty and i look like a female in my panties now and for just those two things only 2wks and 4 days post-op i am very please and blessed!!!
I have always had larger curvy hips but I have learned how to love and embrace that. I think women should have some curves to their body!! You look great.
That is great that you were able to get finally get the results you wanted. You look great!
thanks for the compliments.....so tuesday will be three wks post op and i still feel pretty good but at times i do feel i over do it alittle so i do feel i need to slow down alittle so i wont cause any issues with my healing process
Definitely go slow and baby yourself. You dont want to rush this or slow the healing process. Time goes by quickly so you will be all healed up before you know it. The swelling thing takes some time so be patient.
thank you for the compliments and stay tuned cause i will post more pictures next week......well actually i am gonna try to post pictures weekly until the healing is complete....i just want to let poeple know the long struggle i went thru to get a doctor to fix my issue cause actually most patients that have a tummy tuck dont have to go back to have their sutures removed due to infection i mean it's likely this can happen but not very common at all and it was very stressfull that all these doctors would not listen to me to een try to help me but Dr.L is a blessing and i am forever grateful.

I'm glad you were able to get your tummy tuck revised. Thanks so much for your photos and for sharing your story with us.

I'm Happy For you I also cannot believe how brave you are two tummy tucks I couldn't do it. You look great Tess