Am I Crazy to Think I Can Go Back to Work in Just 18 Days? - Houston, TX

I am scheduled on June 18,2010. I am scheduled to...

I am scheduled on June 18,2010. I am scheduled to go back to work on July 6th. After reading so many peoples stories now I am freaked out that I will be going back to soon. I am also starting to worry that I did not lose enough weight in order for it to look right. I am 5'5" and weigh 157 lbs.

I am so happy with my results. I would do it over...

I am so happy with my results. I would do it over again in a heartbeat!

Todd Adam

He is wonderful. Explains everything to you and his work is perfect!

How are you feeling and looking now?
I'm having a lipoabdominoplasty on April 1st (9 days) any advice the help me through the recovery?
i had my surgery last june 9 and was back to work on june 14. im a doctor and had a whole day at my clinic and even did a cs section on one of my patients on the evening. it was really stressing me out and i feel so tired. i even tried driving to work but i had difficulty in doing it. i still have my clinic daily from momn-fri 9am-4pm. bur i removed my binders beacuse my wound at the middle had a dehiscence. maybe because of my heavy workload. if you can rest at least 1-2 weeks i think its better. i had full lipoabdominoplasty with lipo of the arms and recovery is hell. i still sleep flat on my back because my sides, back and arms are still worth it. in fairness results are noted on the 2nd week post-op and i'm happy with the results except for the woun dehisence which fortunately is almost treated.
Congrats on your surgery. Mine is scheduled for next Friday and so I am starting to get very nervous. How long did it take you to stand up staight?
I had my surgery May 21st and was back to work June 1st....so that is 11 days post op. I did just fine. I have to wear jeans to work, and I work 12 hour days. I began to swell a little and be uncomfortable buttoning my pants towards the end of the work day. BUT I managed and I believe you can too! No one suspected I had surgery, I was able to fit in my pre-surgery pants WITH my binder on. I looked a little fat but I didnt want to take any more time off work. You can do it girl.
I had surgery May 14 and went back two weeks later on the 27th with no problems. I have a desk job though. I am also 5'5 and now 157lbs after tummy tuck. You will be fine! Oh I am also in Houston! LOL Email me if you have any questions and good luck! mcarroll97@hotmail.com
How do you feel now? Are you able stand up all the way? I think I am freaking myself out by reading what some of these people have to say!! Do you mind me asking how many pounds the Dr took off of you when he did the surgery?
I think you should be fine. I am on day 17 right now and I feel totally fine. But, everyone is different........I am a stay at home mom of 3 so I am pretty active. I am tired at the end of the day, but fine really.
Thanks for info. I am scheduled for next Friday and starting to get a little nervous.
From what I hear if you have a desk job you may go back after 2 wks..you'll have to judge by your recovery..