the day of my treatment - Houston, TX

I can take alot of pain,i was thankful that they...

i can take alot of pain,i was thankful that they used a topical cream for pain which they sent me home with. i am still numb i can tell i am thankful for that. my skin is very dark and red with a waffel pattern much darker than the video i saw on this site. i have great skin i did it for pore reduction and fine lines and to tighen the skin my husband is alarmed but i think that i will have a good out come. i also purchased from them sun protection we are in a heat wave here and i am to stay away from the heat and its rays.

i have been going to this dr. for over 30 years so i have great skin from them teaching me how to take care of it. i was a little worried because i could smell my skin burning during treatment. i took an aleve for pain and inflamation. the topical is keeping my skin numb i am only to put the numb cream on tonight and tomorrow i will put organic coconut oil or aqua four ? spelling it like vasoline but it has healing properties in it.they said i would swell so far i have not swelled.

i wished i had washed my hair and not wore mascara today before i went in.i am just slightly uncomfortable because skin is tight and hard. i do feel that i will have a good out come but all that i have had done there has been a good thing. i usually just had the spots taken off my arms i played golf and bo tox. i have bo tox done other places and it does not last as long as it does when it is done here. the fillers i had done in my lips and labial areas are still doing their job.i just hope that this is a good thing it is just more aggressive than anything i have done in the past. i am 53 and want to look natural not plastic so i did this.i had this done at 2 30 it is 10 so i do not know at this time if it is worth it or not. it looks not so good right now

DAY 2
As promised I got a phone call this morning to see how I was doing. It sounds like I am doing good from my report from the nurse. She wanted to know if I was swollen or in pain or if I needed to see her. I think this is a plus to talk to your DR. I am so glad I went to a professional Plastic Surgeon. This is not a procedure for a spa!!!! I feel like they would have immediately done something if I needed help. I can see how there could of been a problem with swelling and I would have wanted a DR. To be there not a person who just took a course! The phone call, if anything to see how you are doing is normal or not and it makes you feel not alarmed. This morning my skin was very tight so I mixed the numbing cream with the organic coconut oil. This was a good thing and the nurse said it was ok to do. I had minor swelling. Took an aleve after breakfast I am here at work this is how it is it is like I fell asleep in the sun at the beach so you know it zaps your energy so drink water, stay in air conditioning. If you have to get into your car use sunscreen here in Texas the sun is so hot. My husband is more concerned at this point than I am. As long as I do not look into the mirror I am fine. I am so glad I had the coconut oil (it is organic and hard to find it is called ? I will have to go get the jar it is actually cooking oil!) To mix with the numb stuff they gave me because the coconut oil mixed just melted on my face so no rubbing was necessary. Then you could put the numb stuff on comfortably. Avoid getting it on your lip because it numbs them I did not like the numb lip thing. But if I ever have anything done to my lips I am asking to use this! My face stayed numb for hours so whatever they used is incredible for topical! The look today is like I had a screen pattern over my face the waffle areas are brown under is red. The nurse said the brown is the sun damage.I will keep you posted. Also I would have this treatment done in the beginning of the week so you can reach someone but my Dr. I can reach him if I needed help he would be there for me. Goes back do not do this at a spa!!! I feel sure if I had any scaring he would be there to fix it,  spa they do  not have the knowledge of skills a DR. office will have. Also if you work and you are concerned with what people see I would take a couple days off and say that you feel asleep in the sun with sunglasses on!

Hi GRAND,

Wow, so much great info in your review. Hope it turns out as you hope it will. Please continue to keep us updated.

Thank you!

-Britt

The name of the coconut oil is Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin my great niece has a skin condition and this is the only thing that helps it not even other brands she says this is the only one that works for her. I used it on the trip to Florida right before having this Pixel done. DR. Worthing made me come in to check and make sure I did not get too much sun before this treatment and he wanted to see how my Botox was doing. Like I said  they are careful before and after the work they do there. Make sure you ask patients who have had things done. I was lucky to have met DR. Worthing when I had to have my nose fixed from all the sports and an attack that I had I had experienced early in my life. I just got lucky he was good I was only in my 20's so I did not even think to research a DR. I just could not breath and needed to be able to breath through my nose not my mouth. I did not get sunburned eve though I was in the sun for 3 days with a hat of course using the oil I trusted my 13 year old niece saying this is the best stuff ever. Never too old or too young to learn something!I Have been using it nightly ever since. I like it, it is very greasy but absorbs over night and my feet look so much better. I buy it at Whole Foods. I am going to look to see if I can buy it on 1960 since we are getting all new businesses here and I want to give back a full jar since I have just about used the whole jar!

DAY 3 I FEEL MUCH BETTER TODAY, ANOTHER THING TO...

DAY 3
I FEEL MUCH BETTER TODAY, ANOTHER THING TO MAKE SURE YOU PURCHASE BEFORE YOUR PIXEL TREATMENT MINERAL MAKE UP. I APPLIED THE SUNSCREEEN THEN THE MINERAL MAKE UP AND IT TOOK SEVERAL LAYERS TO COVER THE BROWN WAFFEL SKIN. THE NECK IS RED, MORE THAN MY FACE I AM SURE THAT I COULD DO A BETTER JOB OF COVERAGE IF I WATCHED THE VIDEO ON HOW TO APPLY BUT I HAVE TO GO TO WORK. I AM TREATING MYSELF TO HAVING MY HAIR WASHED THIS AFTERNOON I WISHED I HAD WASHED MY HAIR THE DAY BEFORE THIS TREATMENT. TODAY I CAN SEE THE REASON FOR THE WAFFEL IMPRESSIONS THEY ARE WANTING IT TO PEEL OFF IN VERY SMALL AMOUNTS AND JUST USING A DRY BRUSH TO SWEEP OFF GENTLY SOME OF THE DEAD SKIN THEN APPLYING THE SEVERAL LAYERS OF MINERAL POWDER. NOT SO SURE I WOULD PUT LIQUID MAKE UP ON THIS BECAUSE THE DEAD SKIN AND MAKEUP YUCK! NO REAL PAIN EXCEPT THE NECK IS SORE. 3RD DAY IS THE ONLY DAY THAT I WOULD HAVE THE COURAGE TO GO OUT IN PUBLIC. YESTERDAY MY FRIENDS WERE OVER AND THEY WINCED EVERYTIME THEY LOOKED AT ME! I MAYBE THE NEXT TREATMENT WOULD USE THE MINERAL MAKE UP IF I HAD TO BE SEEN BY OTHERS 2ND DAY THE PEOPLE I SAW YESTERDAY THEY ARE VERY CLOSE FRIENDS SO I DID NOT CARE THEY WANTED TO SEE IT FOR THEMSELVES. YESTERDAY I LOOKED LIKE A BURN VICTUM TODAY WITH THE MINERAL MAKE UP, MY HAIR STYLED I AM STARTING TO THINK THAT THIS IS A GOOD THING. MY HAIR DRESSER SAID THIS IS NORMAL AND FOR ME TO COME IN GET MY HAIR FIXED. MY HUSBAND IS STILL FEELING SORRY FOR ME AND ASKING ME NOT TO DO THE NEXT TWO TREATMENTS. THE SKIN IS MICRO PEELING IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE A SUGAR SCRUB WHEN I RUN MY FINGERS GENTLY ACROSS THE SKIN. I THINK THAT I WILL USE A WASHED AND STERIL DRY BRUSH TO VERY GENTLY HELP WITH THE REMOVAL OF THE DEAD SKIN TO ONLY REMOVE THE LOOSE PIECES. I CAN NOT SAY UNTIL ALL THIS SKIN IS OFF IF IT WAS WORTH IT OR NOT BUT IF IT COMES OFF AS THEY EXPECT IT TO IT SHOULD HAVE NEW SKIN ALL OVER MY FACE! I WIL HAVE TO TRUST MY DR. TO TELL ME IF I NEED THE OTHER 2 TREATMENTS.

today is tuesday day 7 my skin is beautiful. i am so glad i did my neck because it is like redoing a house the new makes the other look old. i thought my skin was done improving but it really has continued to improve. i ususally do not wear a base makeup beccause it is so messy and does not fit in my life with makeup on the phone and my clothes and on my husbands shirt. today i look better than if i wore base makeup with just the moisturizer. i can not use the usual one because of the alfa hydrozide it has in it, it will stink right now. so i used one with vitamins in it i get it at heb in the health section. it is very reasonable in price and it works really well called derma e this one is ginseng and ester-c firming creme.i have changed my decision to yes this was a great thing!
yesterday i was still a little uncomfortable especially the neck. i put on mineral makeup to go to dinner i had to ask for some ice to put on my neck suggested by my waittress she said it would help and it did or the glass of wine. i think i look like what i was trying to avoid! very wrinkled it looks like i am trying to play a part of a very old me.it is very brown and really wrinkled from it drying up and very itchy. the areas that were stacked are very wrinkled i want to peel this off but they said no so i just put more coconut oil on to makes it so i can not feel like it is going to crack i am wanting to wake up and have my old face back at this point. i am sure this is just part of it i was hoping there would be other posts so i could see if this is normaland if they continued to donthis 2 more times.
yesterday i became itchy i owed it to the brown skin. as the day wore on i saw a rash under all this stuff that is sluffing off. i called my dr. he called my dr. as i said he is great! he called me back he asked me all the right questions and he told me to go get cortisone cream i have not slept well until last night so another thing to purchase and to have on hand is cortisone cream. i have continued to entertain with my close friends but today i could and probably will go out in public as the skin is on its own they made it clear to not remove any of it just what comes off washing gently. i had to use that new dry brush as so much skin is sluffing it is in my hair and when i apply the aquaphor make sure you have this in your kit before you go have pixel done. the dead skin balls up in the morning and night when gently applying the aquaphor then gently washing your face. aquaphor is a better moisturizer at this time.this is sunday day 6. i have changed my report from questionable to yes any one can understand if this much skin has sluffed off you can see that it works. if your wrinkles where not very deep then yes they went with the peeling. the new skin is as soft as my lips. i had really good skin before so my husband was so upset with the waffel brown skin that was there for those 5 days. i can tell the difference i am not sure if any one else can. what i was after is the pore reduction and the cologene that is to come later. i am 53 almost 54 i know before my treatment my great nieces people thought were my children so i have good genes. i will go 9n to see my doctor to have him look to see if i need the next treatment. i will prepare better by taking time off from work. i hope that this has helped others. i did forget to say that when you sleep try and keep your head elevated.this will help with the swelling. would i do it again it is hard to answer that question because i was not prepared to see my self as probably what i would like if i was a hundred years old for 5 days. if it continues to improve in these next 3 weeks as it has done for these days i just will have to suck it up and do the whole treatment.i will say i do not know how the skin underneath is not harmed. i again will warn you having it done under a dr. care is so very important!!!! so go down the list
read very closly the pre and post treatment
make sure you have a good phone number to call if you have an emergency. i would test that number to make sure you would indeed get a phone call back
make a kit.
ice pack
aquaphor (the jar)use hand sanitizer on hands! or use a scoop to make sure bacteria does not contaminate
cortisone cream
aleve i only took one i also took an over the counter sleep aid sleep ease i took 2
sun screen
mineral makeup
a dry brush (new) i cleaned it every time with hand sanitizer
the neck is the most sensitive so keep clothes away from it
i did go out in public to dinner once keep an aleve in your purse just in case you need it
a loose scarf to cover your neck in public it looks the worse.read the other post to see if i left off anything oh take time off those 1st days you will be tired.the most important one on my list make sure you are under a dr's care!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

giving me the numbing cream was a plus which i will apply after this post telling me how bad it will look up to 5 to 7 days still i was not prepared for how brown it is i may should have not posted anything until tomorrow but one thing is for sure my dr,and his nurse had this done to themselves and knew to send me home with numbing cream. they are going to call me in the morning.i think if you do not have this done yourself you do not know how to really help your patient and understand how to help them,