Hate the way I look after Radiesse injection! But...

Hate the way I look after Radiesse injection! But I have good news now - I went back to see another doctor today, she tried to remove some from the lip and cheeks with the syringe and I think it looks a little better. She also said that you can see Radiesse on the X-ray (because it is Calcium salt) and it can be physically removed from incisions made in the mucosa of the mouth.

But for the future - the most important thing if you consider Radiesse - find a VERY experienced dermatologist with 15+ (better yet 20+) years of DOING IT. The best - ask your friends and coworkers for recommendations. I found Dr. Herbert at UT Dermatology unfortunately AFTER I already had Radiesse injected by a young doctor who just recently (one year ago) graduated from 3-year Dermatology residency program. She was a young doctor who probably had no idea that somebody may just want their wrinke(s) to become less visible. So, she injected it in places I did not ask for reasons that never bothered me - like to lift the corners of the mouth, prophylactic in the cheeks for future wrinkle formation... I did not feel it because I was numb and unfortunately I did not hold a mirror in my hands. Consider holding mirror and watching where they are injecting it!

i had a severe allergic reaction to Radiesse. Spent 4 days in the hospital and now developed Purura. A skin rash. Have to take steriods for unknown amount of time!!!!
Any recommendations of Good Dr's in Atlanta for the injections?
My mother & myself have had Radiesse injected in our cheeks. The results are instant & truly amazing. We are both very happy & we look great. The best part about this whole procedure is that it is not painful at all. There is a numbing solution mixed right in, so after the first small injection the whole area gets numb. I highly recommend going to see Dr Todd Schlifstein at Fountain Medical Group 201 E69th street. 212-327-1316. He is really great!
Hi Panda, you mentioned that the doctor managed to remove some of the radiesse injected? I didn't know that is possible. Did it hurt?
One syringe, 1.6 ml.
Hi Panda, thanks for sharing your experience and glad things are getting better for you. How much was injected in this case? One syringes? Two?

HI panda,

The community has mentioned over and over how important it is to have the right doctor who is very experienced. I'm sorry you hate the Radiesse, but extremely glad you found someone to help. Please keep the community updated.

Thanks for the review and the pictures!

-Britt