Incision Popped 5 Wk Post-op Tummy Tuck - Houston

Needed hysterectomy. So decided to hv...

Needed hysterectomy. So decided to hv abdominoplasty to remove hanging fat from bottom of stomach. Incision partially opened and have dog ears. HELP!!!

Feb 15, 2011, I'll be 5 months post-op. I do...

Feb 15, 2011, I'll be 5 months post-op. I do not regret having my TT at all; regardless of the initial challenges, I'm thrilled with my new look.

It was certainly worth it.

Thanks. I'll get Spanx this weekend.

You will like them!
Thanks, Kim. You're such an encourager. Latest update, my incision is almost closed and this is my first week back at work.I'm hoping to start exercising this wkend. How long did you wear the TT corset (garment)?

I am glad to hear you are doing well.  Go slow your first week back to work and don't wear yourself out.  My first week back to work I pretty much just worked in the day and then came right home and slept.  I was totally exhausted the first two weeks back.

I really didn't wear my corset after day 4.  I was a bit of a rebel and hated it.  My doctor is not one that is big on the binders so did not push me to wear it.  He said that if it made me feel better wear it but that I did not have to.  However what I did wear my first two weeks back to work were Spanx.  They were just enough support but did not squeeze the tar out of me and make me uncomfortable.
Thanks, Kim. I promise not to start with the tape measure. I'll drive myself crazy again, but you're certainly keeping me hopeful and positive. By the way, I'm 11 lbs lighter prior to my surgery weight. So I'm not complaining.

11 pounds!!!  WOW that is excellent :)  See you are on your way.  It is good now but he best is yet to come.  Keep drinking that water to flush the fluids out of your body.

Hi Marie,

You will notice changes for weeks to come and you will love it.  For the first 10 weeks after surgery my waist was over two inches larger due to swelling.  It was a pain and I do remember feeling upset about it.   As of today my waist is over 4 inches smaller than pre surgery.  So just hang tight and know it will get better.  I finally had to put away the tape measure because I was making myself crazy.   You will shrink in the long run.  I am down four clothes sizes to date.
Kim. Thanks for sharing, my waist appears wider than before surgery. Some of my suits are snugger in the waist than before. I'm glad to know there's more improvements to come. Its really to good to hear from others who are dealing with the similar/same challenges or have gone through them.Pls continue to share with us. Thanks.
I saw the doctor today. Hooray!! No infection, temp or fever. The incision is healing with the silvadone ointment and cleaning 2 daily. I'm walking better and have more strength. Oh, no dog ears either but will need some lipo to better shape my waist.

This is wonderful news!  All up hill from here.  You may be surprised to see that your waist line swelling will continue to go down over the weeks.  I am 6 1/2 months out now and I am still noticing changes my the month.  I am in total awe at how the body has held swelling for all these months.   I have not had a mid section like this since I was about 16.  Hang tight because it will continue to improve.

I agree with Angie...fall back on the physicians on this site.  Post the questions and pictures for them to read and see.  They will give you good feedback and expertise.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. You should call your plastic surgeon. You also might want to consider posting this as a question with a photo or two so the doctors can see what you're talking about.

Good luck and please keep us posted.