Significant Discomfort. 11/2y Years Later - Houston, TX

My face looks great especially my neck and chin...

My face looks great especially my neck and chin implant. Surgery included neck, mid face, below eyes and eyebrow lift. The doctor is well known and was recommended by another well known dermatologist. The doctor did not prepare me for the difficulty of the recovery process. I was in an overnight surgery center operated by one of the best teaching universities in Texas. I could not wake from anesthesia. The anesthesiologist and the staff tried to keep my husband and daughter away from me even though other patients had family with them. I did not really wake up until the next morning. My daughter is a case manager at another hospital in the Houston med center. She was very concerned about me. The recovery was slow, less from pain than loss of strength. I have been a runner for 30 years and so it's not that I am weak or sickly Now, a year and a half later I look great. No visible scars and fantastic profile with the chin. However, the right side of my face is in constant discomfort. The doctor doesn't seem to be concerned. It is just one of those things that can happen. Maybe it will get better, maybe it won't. I guess there is nothing he can do to help me. I would do the neck and chin again, but not the rest of it. I believe I will be in discomfort the rest of my life. Not worth it.

I'm so sorry to hear about all that you've gone through. :( Have you gotten a second opinion from anybody?

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Anesthesia problems, slow recovery of strength, and continuing discomfort, possibly permanent.