Braces As an Adult - Houston, TX

As an adult I needed braces to correct some back...

As an adult I needed braces to correct some back shifting molars. Luckily my front teeth looked just fine, and I didn't need them for cosmetic reasons. Unfortunately, the braces still had to be on my front teeth where people could see them. Yes, I know, life isn't fair.

It's not the most fun to have braces as an adult, but you get used to them. The tightening can be painful, but the only real pain I experienced was the inside of my lips getting used to the brackets. I used tons of wax on them until it settled down.

When my braces came off, so did a little bit of enamel on my right front tooth. So, far that hasn't caused any problems, and you can't see it unless you look really hard, but it worries me a bit.

Overall, I guess I needed braces, so it was worth it, I just wish it had been a better experience.

i really need the braces..but i don't have the money...what can i do??

Thanks for your review! Adult braces are always a bit tough. I'm glad to hear you felt it was still worth it even if it wasn't the best experience.

Thomas Hall

This orthodontist runs his practice like a business, which isn't a bad thing, just not the best thing. I felt more like a number than a patient, but apart from that it seemed like an absolutely fine experience.