A Masterful Artist and Exceptional Surgeon - New York, NY

I am thrilled with the results if my rhinoplasty!!...

I am thrilled with the results if my rhinoplasty!! Dr. Pastorek is a true artist. I had been contemplating rhinoplasty for years and finally decided to do it and i wanted he best!! I did tons of research and was prepared to pay whatever necessary. It is my nose after all! I wanted the doctor that fixes the other doctor's work. The master. I made four consultation appointments -three with top doctors in NYC and one in LA. I knew from my initial consultation with Dr Pastorek that he was my surgeon because he was thoughtful, knowledgable and so incredibly passionate about his work. It was evident to me that he absolutely loves what he does and loves to make people feel better about themselves.

Initially, I was concerned about Dr. Pastorek's conservative approach, but after talking with him about what he would do with my nose and why he would do it, I came to realize that he is not conservative, he is an artist: a master of proportion. He does not look at the nose and rhinoplasty as a cookie cutter operation. He looked at me personally and took into account all of my features- Including my stature. I was very impressed by this because initially I had wanted a BIG result because I really disliked my nose! I was concerned that I would be upset if I got a nose job and no one noticed! ...I told him that if I do this I want them to notice!!!... But he said wise words to me: He said if they notice they notice for the wrong reasons. What people will notice about a Pastorek nose is how good YOU look, but they won't be able to tell why....They will say " did you lose weight?" " go on vacation" those types of things. He said I will look younger and better, but like myself. And after viewing him in action showing me his before and after pictures, his passion for his craft, his gift for proportion and natural looking noses and his wonderfully elegant and gentlemanly demeanor- I knew he was the surgeon for me. ( he also does great tips!)

The staff at his office was incredibly helpful. They followed up on everything I needed. Dr Pastorek also called me the night before my surgery and also came in to see me the day of just before we went into surgery. This really put me at ease. I know that he had put time into my case and had done detailed advanced drawings of my surgical plan so I was very confident going into the surgery that I was going to get what we had discussed... And i did!!!

My recovery was unbelievable... I was prepared for the worst but Dr Pastorek had told me that I would have very little pain and that few of his patients ever take pain killers. To be honest I didn't believe it... But he was right!! I only had to take a few Tylenol to ease the discomfort not even pain!!I had very minimal swelling and close to no bruising with the exception of a small spot under one eye-It was extraordinary. He has a very delicate hand. Truly exceptional. I had my cast taken off yesterday! And saw a friend shortly after that could hardly tell! Other than " you look great"!!!

I am beyond thrilled with my result. I had a large humped nose that drooped and as I aged it had elongated and hooked when I smiled. Dr. Pastorek did a wonderful job -still leaving me a " prominent nose" ( in a good way:) but one that is elegant, refined and I have to say- almost cute!!! It fits my height and my face very well it really enhances my other features. I am thrilled (!!!) with my choice of surgeons. Dr Pastorek is a true master. A rare mix of artistry and surgery. I can't imagine if had gone to someone else!!! I am so glad I made the choice I did. I got what I paid for with both my result and the quality of the care I received from his staff. It was all top notch. Thank you Dr Pastorek!!

Pictures before- during- still on progress...

Thought I would add some pictures --even though my nose is still really swollen --I am so excited about my new nose!! dr Pastorek said it will go down " two sizes" so there will be much more definition than we see now and it won't be so wide. I am only one day post cast in the last picture!! The second to last was an hour after the cast was removed! In the cab from his office. It was so weird to see myself and I am still excited --can't wait for swelling to go down but I know I have to be patient!! But is hard!!

Took a few more pics today

My cast removal was Wednesday 4/30 and today is Friday 5/2. I took pics and decided I wanted to post some side by side before and afters. Hopefully I can get it to work :)

Swelling, swelling go away....

Aargh. ..Swelling!
I have had persistent swelling on the lower 2/3 of my bridge and my tip which made it appear to be big, bulbous and hooked--- grrrrr... Swelling!

Because of the swelling ( Grrr ...swelling!) I had developed scar tissue on my bridge. Nice. At my two month follow up Dr Pastorek gave me a kenalog -10 injection on my bridge and tip; which was about three weeks ago. It has helped A LOT. But I will need to go back five weeks from now for more. Aargh. I'm at least happy there is something non -surgical that can help it. And am also grateful that Dr. Pastorek listened to me and validated my concerns about the appearance of my nose but was also not concerned about it. He called me one of his "six- eight monthers" in terms of the healing and swelling going down.
It is sooo hard to be patient!!! ...Waaah!!
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lovely. Dr Pastorek is a very elegant man and gentle doctor. It is very clear that he is extremely knowledgable but he also listens..splendid patient/ bedside skills. I admire him greatly because he has been able to achieve a very rare and perfectly balanced duality of science and art.

hello! i am considering dr. Pastorek for my rhinoplasty, and I would like to know how you are doing. I would also love to see new pictures of how your nose is healing now. You look great! Hope to stay in touch!
Keep going back to this review because your nose looks so darn good! Can't wait to hear/see how the next kenalog shot goes!
I just love you peanut 7!! That came at the right time today. Thanks for your kind words. It's reassuring to hear nice things as I wait... And wait ...and wait
Glad to hear the shots help with scar tissues. I am scheduled to have the steroids in 2 weeks to help with swelling after my revision. You look absolutely stunning!
Wow, you look amazing! I'm seeing tremendous refinement and a slender, elegant nose that suits you perfectly! Glad to hear that Pastorek is providing dedicated post op care and listening. Your review is tremendously helpful--thank you so much for continuing to share and post pics!
Looks great!! I'm excited for you:) also it makes me look extra forward to my steroid injections this Tuesday to help with swelling. Question: how long after your kenalog shot until u noticed a difference??
Kpeton- Hmmm....in my head it was immediate ( lol) ... But in reality... About a week and then more slowly until now...I still need more but it really helps a lot. The scar tissue on my nose had been quite pronounced. The swelling in general stinks...I really had no idea about the "battle of the swell" after rhino! Good luck with your shots!!
Wow! You look really beautiful ! Hope I have such a smooth recovery and great results :)
Hi-Sweetdogkitty, I just looked at your profile after seeing a very lovely review of rosiegirld's new nose. I have to say, your transformation is incredible. Such wonderful, natural results from your Dr. You look like a different person. You are so beautiful!!!!
Thank you TSLucky... You just made my day :)
Your new nose is so adorable! I love the before/after pics...I have to admit, my favorite pic/caption is the one where you talk about your doc telling you it went from a size 8 to a size 4! :) Thank you for sharing your story, your pictures. And, thank you for the support and advice as well. :)
Beautiful! Love your results!
Thanks for sharing with us! So glad that you're happy with your results. You must be thrilled! Congratulations.
WOW! Your nose truly looks incredible!
Great results! What a difference! Truly beautiful and so natural. Of course, you still have a lot of healing to do, but I say , if it never changes, its still a gorgeous nose!
Thanks!! It's funny--I started to be critical about it - too wide, tip too big - and then told myself to calm down ( calm way down) - it's only been a few days!! LOL. So critical!! Thanks for your kind words of encouragement because in the end I am much happier -even today as it is -than I ever was with my old nose :) yay!!
I know what you mean. I keep taking little peeks when I change my drip tray and while I'm just happy to see my nose be much shorter than it was before, a part of me is freaking out "I wonder how the bridge looks!" "The tip is too wide" etc. But then, all it takes me is to look at my before pictures, and I think to myself - it can't look worse than before and thats all I'm really hoping for :)
It sounds terrible doesn't it but I think that's the right expectation to have when it comes to rhinoplasty :) I have had a few people say they can't tell....Which bothered me at first... ( what! ... I don't look like Ashley Simpson?!)... but then I look at those before pictures- and I am VERY happy again!!! I see the big change and the biggest being I am not self conscious anymore.
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing!
It's already looking beautiful...Congrats!!! From one new Yorker to another ! :)
Thank you so much long islander916!!! ...It was funny walking through the city with a big white splint on my nose- no one gave me a second look!! Gotta luv NY!!
pastorek is amazing. he did my friend's nose and she loves it! great choice of surgeon.
That's great to hear! Even though I'm super happy so far it's nice to get additional reassurance from others as well :)
You look much younger and happier with your new nose. It looks very natural. Good for you! Enjoy:)
Thanks Sunflowerslove that is SOOOOO great to hear!!!