A Masterful Artist and Exceptional Surgeon - New York, NY

I am thrilled with the results if my rhinoplasty!!...

I am thrilled with the results if my rhinoplasty!! Dr. Pastorek is a true artist. I had been contemplating rhinoplasty for years and finally decided to do it and i wanted he best!! I did tons of research and was prepared to pay whatever necessary. It is my nose after all! I wanted the doctor that fixes the other doctor's work. The master. I made four consultation appointments -three with top doctors in NYC and one in LA. I knew from my initial consultation with Dr Pastorek that he was my surgeon because he was thoughtful, knowledgable and so incredibly passionate about his work. It was evident to me that he absolutely loves what he does and loves to make people feel better about themselves.

Initially, I was concerned about Dr. Pastorek's conservative approach, but after talking with him about what he would do with my nose and why he would do it, I came to realize that he is not conservative, he is an artist: a master of proportion. He does not look at the nose and rhinoplasty as a cookie cutter operation. He looked at me personally and took into account all of my features- Including my stature. I was very impressed by this because initially I had wanted a BIG result because I really disliked my nose! I was concerned that I would be upset if I got a nose job and no one noticed! ...I told him that if I do this I want them to notice!!!... But he said wise words to me: He said if they notice they notice for the wrong reasons. What people will notice about a Pastorek nose is how good YOU look, but they won't be able to tell why....They will say " did you lose weight?" " go on vacation" those types of things. He said I will look younger and better, but like myself. And after viewing him in action showing me his before and after pictures, his passion for his craft, his gift for proportion and natural looking noses and his wonderfully elegant and gentlemanly demeanor- I knew he was the surgeon for me. ( he also does great tips!)

The staff at his office was incredibly helpful. They followed up on everything I needed. Dr Pastorek also called me the night before my surgery and also came in to see me the day of just before we went into surgery. This really put me at ease. I know that he had put time into my case and had done detailed advanced drawings of my surgical plan so I was very confident going into the surgery that I was going to get what we had discussed... And i did!!!

My recovery was unbelievable... I was prepared for the worst but Dr Pastorek had told me that I would have very little pain and that few of his patients ever take pain killers. To be honest I didn't believe it... But he was right!! I only had to take a few Tylenol to ease the discomfort not even pain!!I had very minimal swelling and close to no bruising with the exception of a small spot under one eye-It was extraordinary. He has a very delicate hand. Truly exceptional. I had my cast taken off yesterday! And saw a friend shortly after that could hardly tell! Other than " you look great"!!!

I am beyond thrilled with my result. I had a large humped nose that drooped and as I aged it had elongated and hooked when I smiled. Dr. Pastorek did a wonderful job -still leaving me a " prominent nose" ( in a good way:) but one that is elegant, refined and I have to say- almost cute!!! It fits my height and my face very well it really enhances my other features. I am thrilled (!!!) with my choice of surgeons. Dr Pastorek is a true master. A rare mix of artistry and surgery. I can't imagine if had gone to someone else!!! I am so glad I made the choice I did. I got what I paid for with both my result and the quality of the care I received from his staff. It was all top notch. Thank you Dr Pastorek!!

Pictures before- during- still on progress...

Thought I would add some pictures --even though my nose is still really swollen --I am so excited about my new nose!! dr Pastorek said it will go down " two sizes" so there will be much more definition than we see now and it won't be so wide. I am only one day post cast in the last picture!! The second to last was an hour after the cast was removed! In the cab from his office. It was so weird to see myself and I am still excited --can't wait for swelling to go down but I know I have to be patient!! But is hard!!

Took a few more pics today

My cast removal was Wednesday 4/30 and today is Friday 5/2. I took pics and decided I wanted to post some side by side before and afters. Hopefully I can get it to work :)

Swelling, swelling go away....

Aargh. ..Swelling!
I have had persistent swelling on the lower 2/3 of my bridge and my tip which made it appear to be big, bulbous and hooked--- grrrrr... Swelling!

Because of the swelling ( Grrr ...swelling!) I had developed scar tissue on my bridge. Nice. At my two month follow up Dr Pastorek gave me a kenalog -10 injection on my bridge and tip; which was about three weeks ago. It has helped A LOT. But I will need to go back five weeks from now for more. Aargh. I'm at least happy there is something non -surgical that can help it. And am also grateful that Dr. Pastorek listened to me and validated my concerns about the appearance of my nose but was also not concerned about it. He called me one of his "six- eight monthers" in terms of the healing and swelling going down.
It is sooo hard to be patient!!! ...Waaah!!
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lovely. Dr Pastorek is a very elegant man and gentle doctor. It is very clear that he is extremely knowledgable but he also listens..splendid patient/ bedside skills. I admire him greatly because he has been able to achieve a very rare and perfectly balanced duality of science and art.