Hello to a New Me!!

Today I am 3 days post op and I feel like (S)ugar,...

Today I am 3 days post op and I feel like (S)ugar, (H)oney, (I)ced, (T)ea!!!! I'm 37 years old and was a size 36GG. I have always had large breasts but after the birth of my daughter they just took on a mind of their own. After 3 years of neglecting myself I have finally decided to do something for me. By the time my daughter was 6 months old she had already gone through chemotherapy 2x and had a stem cell cord blood transplant.

Fast forward to now...I was sick of the rashes, achy back and neck, etc, not to mention that my daughter was doing so much better I felt it was time to take care of me. Wednesday I went in for my pre-op and markings and Thursday was my big day. I was so ready. My PS has taken me down to a C/D cup and I couldn't be happier...minus the pain that is. He sent me home with oxycodone and hydrocodone for pain. It didn't take me long to realize that the oxycodone wasn't touching the pain so I started taking the other. I have a drain in each breast and I am feeling the pain something terrible! The compression/surgical bra is extremely tight and digging into my incisions. I have to call the PS tomorrow to give him the totals from my drains and I pray that it's enough for removal. I'm not sure if the removal of the drains will help ease the pain but that's what I'm praying for. I haven't seen my new boobs yet because I still have on the pads from surgery. I'm so ready to see...the wait is unbearable!!!!

Outside of the pain my other concern is the scaring. You all have been so helpful. I wish that I had stumbled on this page a lot sooner. There are so many things that I didn't know until after reading some of your posts. Thank you ladies so very much for sharing your stories and pictures. I will post my before and after pics as soon as I can.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Today I went in to have my drains removed and I...

Today I went in to have my drains removed and I must say that I felt better once they were out. I have decreased my pain medication as a result of the drain removal. It was such a relief to have the surgical bra off as well even though it was just for a moment. Tomorrow I get to finally take a shower...yippee!! I go back go to see my PS on Thursday so maybe, just maybe I will get to see a glimpse of my girls!!! Good night everyone!

Yes tyesa I need to work on my stomach too. But I'm buyin spansks under shrts to help hold in that
Thanks Sydney! I thought that I could make a go of this without the pain meds but I soon found out that I had made a foolish mistake. Today I am 5 days PO and I am still experiencing a good deal of discomfort. I have been really taking it easy to make sure that I don't overdo it. Today I feel like I have been hit by a truck and the driver put the car in reverse and fan over me again. LOL. I know that this is temporary but Lord knows I'm past ready to get back into the swing of things. Did you experience any weakness in your arms/hands? I'm finding it hard to muster up the strength to open something as simple as a yogurt pack. The surgical bra feels like its digging into my incisions UHG just shoot me. I hope tomorrow will be a better day.
Hey tisha I'm one week post op and a day. My bra is digging in my skin. Also. Today I didn't take any Tylenol !!!! Good for me. But under my arms are sore and I got shocking pains every so often kind of like contractions lol they come and go. But last night I was nausea I don't know why. Maybe too much Tylenol So none today I may go down to just one at a time. I had a long nap today odd!!! But hubby was here he did the same ugh so no doin what I really do when I'm just me not that I had to nap but figured why not I need rest. I hope you get well I'm still bruised around the incision it's ugly. Tom the nipple deal is removed I had a nipple graph. I'm scared to see them

1 Week Post Op: I woke up this morning feeling...

1 Week Post Op: I woke up this morning feeling great! I got dressed to go see my PS and he said everything looks fine. He snipped the stitches around my nipples and told me to start putting Vaseline on my incisions for 20 minutes a day for one week to loosen the glue. After I have done this for 1 week he advised me to start using moisturizer (cocoa butter) and then apply the tape. I was explaining this to a friend who had the surgery done a few months ago and she stated that she didn't start moisturizing until after her stitches were removed. So my question is...was I given then correct advice by my PS. He asked me to come back in 1 month so that that he can look at the healing but if things don't look/feel right to come in sooner. I'm am starting to be a worry wart. LOL

@ Just Me I will call him first thing in the morning. I just don't want to do anything to mess up the healing process. Thanks for the advice!
Thank Meme! I can't wait until the healing has passed. I am still a little sore but I'm going to try to wean myself off of the heavy duty drugs and transition to Tylenol. I'm supposed to go back to work on April 8th and I don't want to feel like a junky! LOL
I would call your PS and confirm what they advised it seems as though every PS has different strategies and procedures of how they do things

God give me the strength that I might endure. ...

God give me the strength that I might endure. It's just one of those days. I have caught my dayghter's cold...not good! I have to pinch my nose so that I won't sneeze and pray to God that I don't cough to hard. Today I want to cry.

your sugar honey thing cracked me up i was like awww yea she is feeling faculous then i read READ it and lol.....tooo cute ,although, i am sorry you are feeling yucky ..cause you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! I wasn't sure if they would censor the word that I really wanted to use to describe how I was feeling. LOL. I don't think I look as good since my PS told me to apply the Vaseline to the glue...SMH I just pray that I can look back on this entire experience and say I made it!
girl..you better stop it ;) you look great!!!!!!!!!!!! your boobies are a fabulous shape and size the are nice and round and FULL my PS has already told me that i will more than likely NOT like my shape and all in all i will NOT be pleased asthetically!!! lol!! you'll make it.. it will be weeks of ick versus the rest of your life of ick as i type this to you now i look at my nasty saggy HEAVY boobies and my upper back is already hurting ..oh thats right it never stops hurting ..i have to say though you have had a go of it!!! i cannot wait for you to be able to enjoy the new adventures in clothes shopping as well!!!! healing can be ugly i have been looking at the ladies processess of healing and they are all different ..some of the ladies look as though they have been beat with a baseball bat and then 2 weeks later its gone .......quit being so hard on yourself..;) i wish you could see how great you look through my eyes..now i will need to remeber all this i say to you when my journey begins huh??!! i have worked to prepare my mom and my hubs cause i am a perfectionist, over analyzer to the extreme about all things on me ..lol!!! i mean even your nipples look dead on even..i am petrified my nipples are gonna sling shot up to my throat lol!!! that really i have finally figured out is my deal breaker so i try to remember that my boobies are gonna be in a bra most of the time anyway and i am not going to pose for Playboy or some other mag anytime soon ...but i know deep down that is going to bother me horribly!!! i hope today finds you more comfortable and enjoyable !!

Cabin Fever: So today I had this bright idea. I...

Cabin Fever: So today I had this bright idea. I am 11 days post op and cabin fever was really starting to seep in so I decided to treat myself to a movie. I went to see Temptation by Tyler Perry and it was fantastic. As the movie ended I got ready to stand up and lo and behold my boobs were swollen tight!!! OMG I was like what in the world. They did not feel real at all. As a matter of fact I felt like I had been given a Botox injection in both breasts! They don't even feel like they should be a part of my body. I could not get home fast enough to put some ice packs on. LOL Do anyone know how long it takes for your boobs to take on life again?? I just need a little normalcy!

Lol... So that's what I got going on today too... 13 days post op... Went to grocery store, walking at lake and I feel like I have huge hard implants tonight...lol.
LOL yeah that's what my PS told me about buying bras...don't for at least 4 months or longer. Wow!!!
Yea totally normal & the botox feel is a great analogy. Just rest up, it takes time. I still get it 30 days post op.

I am almost 3 weeks post op and I still feel the...

I am almost 3 weeks post op and I still feel the burn. I would give my right are just to be able to take this bra off and sleep in the buff!! I for some reason feel like if I sleep all night without it that I would experience the worst pain known to man! Have anyone else tried it and of so how did it go?

At first I didn't because everything hurt! LOL it was hard to feel anything other than pain that 1st week. By week too I could definitely feel my nipples. Heaven forbid they get cold!!! It feels like tiny electrical shocks. LMBO but it was a welcoming surprise considering the surgery itself. So yes I can still feel my nipples and yes they still have sensation when I use moisturizer. Don't worry...once you get into your 2nd week everyday will bring about a new change. You will realize it after the fact. The light bulb will go off and you will have a, "Wow I didn't realize I could do that!" kind of moment.
tisha 816 do you feel your nipples? if so when did that sensation start up ,unfortunately i do not feel mine ..i knew that could happen when i started this and even though i am ok with it is still a bit of a bummer
Yes Idynrd1234 it is normal. I took pain meds for about a week and a half. I got off because the headaches it have me were unbearable! I only have a little pain in my incisions under the arms but mostly what I feel is discomfort. I have tried every bra known to man but it seems like none of them are as comfortable as I would like!

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I feel pretty...

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I feel pretty good. A few days ago I had pulled on an internal stitch and that hurt for several days. After. 3 days of ibuprofen I feel much better now. For the most part I am pleased with the work of my PS. Every chance I get I steal a peek at my now perky boobs. LOL. I can't wait to be able to go to the gym to work off this gut. Yuck! As you can see from my picture I have begun the taping phase and so far so good. I haven't had any type of reaction to it and for that I'm thankful. I will take a few pictures without the tape of my incisions next week. The incisions at my side are still tender to the touch and a little thicker than underneath the breasts. I'm hoping as time goes by it will get better. Summer dresses here I come!!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I feel pretty...

hi you look great...what state did you get it done? and is the $1000 for everything...who is your doctor
I had my procedure done in North Carolina. I had to meet my deductible...so far that is all I have had to pay. Thank you so much for the compliment!
You look amazing!

Hello ladies!! I am now 6 weeks post op. I went...

Hello ladies!! I am now 6 weeks post op. I went to see my PS yesterday for my final appt. he has given me the ok to start exercising finally. Woo Hoo!!! I don't know how I managed to keep off the 13lbs I lost since surgery but I am truly thankful. I have a few places that dog eared that I'm not too thrilled about. My PS told me to massage them as they are still sore and eventually they will smooth out. Have anyone else experienced this? Scars or no scars I am loving the new me! I know in time they will even out. I am excited about shopping for new clothes again but I have decided to wait to see what I can lose in the next couple of months. If you all hear me screaming all the way in your city then you know I'm as happy as a hooker in church with the way that my clothes fit. LOL. I love you ladies. You have been an awesome support system. As for those who are contemplating having a BR...just do it. You will feel so much better health wise and also about your appearance. I will post more updates soon.

You look awesome. Congrats on 13 lbs, that's really good :)
You look just great. Wonderful results. I hope you are enjoying your results...nice boobs
Beautiful results! You must be thrilled!!! Keep up the weight loss and have fun shopping!!!

I can't stop itching!!

I am almost 2 months post op and man is this itching about to drive me insane! Other than the itching my biggest nemesis seems to be the jnternal stitches. I have found myself still having to sleep in an upright position, and having to keep my arms close to my body because if I extend my arms too far I feel a horrible burn/tearing feeling. Most of my scars have heeled nicely but I am noticing the area along my sides are starting to puff up. Have anyone else had this problem? I was using moisturizer as directed by my PS. Is it too late to try scar sheets, etc???

The itching is very common. Antihistamines will help. If your boobs still feel tender and sore I'd recommend you to get silk satin or charmeuse and cut it into ovals large enough to cover your boobs and scars (one per breast), drape them over the boob, pull the bra over and make sure the fabric is sticking out under the edges of the bra to prevent the bra rubbing the boobs. This helps a lot. The silk is very smooth, breaths and soothes the skin. If all your incisions have closed you can start using scar treatment gel and plates. I'm using kelo-cote, and it seems to be helping.
Specialist in Plastic Surgery

Referred by another patient.