Hello to a New Me!!

Today I am 3 days post op and I feel like (S)ugar,...

Today I am 3 days post op and I feel like (S)ugar, (H)oney, (I)ced, (T)ea!!!! I'm 37 years old and was a size 36GG. I have always had large breasts but after the birth of my daughter they just took on a mind of their own. After 3 years of neglecting myself I have finally decided to do something for me. By the time my daughter was 6 months old she had already gone through chemotherapy 2x and had a stem cell cord blood transplant.

Fast forward to now...I was sick of the rashes, achy back and neck, etc, not to mention that my daughter was doing so much better I felt it was time to take care of me. Wednesday I went in for my pre-op and markings and Thursday was my big day. I was so ready. My PS has taken me down to a C/D cup and I couldn't be happier...minus the pain that is. He sent me home with oxycodone and hydrocodone for pain. It didn't take me long to realize that the oxycodone wasn't touching the pain so I started taking the other. I have a drain in each breast and I am feeling the pain something terrible! The compression/surgical bra is extremely tight and digging into my incisions. I have to call the PS tomorrow to give him the totals from my drains and I pray that it's enough for removal. I'm not sure if the removal of the drains will help ease the pain but that's what I'm praying for. I haven't seen my new boobs yet because I still have on the pads from surgery. I'm so ready to see...the wait is unbearable!!!!

Outside of the pain my other concern is the scaring. You all have been so helpful. I wish that I had stumbled on this page a lot sooner. There are so many things that I didn't know until after reading some of your posts. Thank you ladies so very much for sharing your stories and pictures. I will post my before and after pics as soon as I can.

Today I went in to have my drains removed and I...

Today I went in to have my drains removed and I must say that I felt better once they were out. I have decreased my pain medication as a result of the drain removal. It was such a relief to have the surgical bra off as well even though it was just for a moment. Tomorrow I get to finally take a shower...yippee!! I go back go to see my PS on Thursday so maybe, just maybe I will get to see a glimpse of my girls!!! Good night everyone!

1 Week Post Op: I woke up this morning feeling...

1 Week Post Op: I woke up this morning feeling great! I got dressed to go see my PS and he said everything looks fine. He snipped the stitches around my nipples and told me to start putting Vaseline on my incisions for 20 minutes a day for one week to loosen the glue. After I have done this for 1 week he advised me to start using moisturizer (cocoa butter) and then apply the tape. I was explaining this to a friend who had the surgery done a few months ago and she stated that she didn't start moisturizing until after her stitches were removed. So my question is...was I given then correct advice by my PS. He asked me to come back in 1 month so that that he can look at the healing but if things don't look/feel right to come in sooner. I'm am starting to be a worry wart. LOL

God give me the strength that I might endure. ...

God give me the strength that I might endure. It's just one of those days. I have caught my dayghter's cold...not good! I have to pinch my nose so that I won't sneeze and pray to God that I don't cough to hard. Today I want to cry.

Cabin Fever: So today I had this bright idea. I...

Cabin Fever: So today I had this bright idea. I am 11 days post op and cabin fever was really starting to seep in so I decided to treat myself to a movie. I went to see Temptation by Tyler Perry and it was fantastic. As the movie ended I got ready to stand up and lo and behold my boobs were swollen tight!!! OMG I was like what in the world. They did not feel real at all. As a matter of fact I felt like I had been given a Botox injection in both breasts! They don't even feel like they should be a part of my body. I could not get home fast enough to put some ice packs on. LOL Do anyone know how long it takes for your boobs to take on life again?? I just need a little normalcy!

I am almost 3 weeks post op and I still feel the...

I am almost 3 weeks post op and I still feel the burn. I would give my right are just to be able to take this bra off and sleep in the buff!! I for some reason feel like if I sleep all night without it that I would experience the worst pain known to man! Have anyone else tried it and of so how did it go?

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I feel pretty...

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I feel pretty good. A few days ago I had pulled on an internal stitch and that hurt for several days. After. 3 days of ibuprofen I feel much better now. For the most part I am pleased with the work of my PS. Every chance I get I steal a peek at my now perky boobs. LOL. I can't wait to be able to go to the gym to work off this gut. Yuck! As you can see from my picture I have begun the taping phase and so far so good. I haven't had any type of reaction to it and for that I'm thankful. I will take a few pictures without the tape of my incisions next week. The incisions at my side are still tender to the touch and a little thicker than underneath the breasts. I'm hoping as time goes by it will get better. Summer dresses here I come!!!!

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I feel pretty...

Hello ladies!! I am now 6 weeks post op. I went...

Hello ladies!! I am now 6 weeks post op. I went to see my PS yesterday for my final appt. he has given me the ok to start exercising finally. Woo Hoo!!! I don't know how I managed to keep off the 13lbs I lost since surgery but I am truly thankful. I have a few places that dog eared that I'm not too thrilled about. My PS told me to massage them as they are still sore and eventually they will smooth out. Have anyone else experienced this? Scars or no scars I am loving the new me! I know in time they will even out. I am excited about shopping for new clothes again but I have decided to wait to see what I can lose in the next couple of months. If you all hear me screaming all the way in your city then you know I'm as happy as a hooker in church with the way that my clothes fit. LOL. I love you ladies. You have been an awesome support system. As for those who are contemplating having a BR...just do it. You will feel so much better health wise and also about your appearance. I will post more updates soon.

I can't stop itching!!

I am almost 2 months post op and man is this itching about to drive me insane! Other than the itching my biggest nemesis seems to be the jnternal stitches. I have found myself still having to sleep in an upright position, and having to keep my arms close to my body because if I extend my arms too far I feel a horrible burn/tearing feeling. Most of my scars have heeled nicely but I am noticing the area along my sides are starting to puff up. Have anyone else had this problem? I was using moisturizer as directed by my PS. Is it too late to try scar sheets, etc???
Specialist in Plastic Surgery

Referred by another patient.

The itching is very common. Antihistamines will help. If your boobs still feel tender and sore I'd recommend you to get silk satin or charmeuse and cut it into ovals large enough to cover your boobs and scars (one per breast), drape them over the boob, pull the bra over and make sure the fabric is sticking out under the edges of the bra to prevent the bra rubbing the boobs. This helps a lot. The silk is very smooth, breaths and soothes the skin. If all your incisions have closed you can start using scar treatment gel and plates. I'm using kelo-cote, and it seems to be helping.
You look awesome. Congrats on 13 lbs, that's really good :)
You look just great. Wonderful results. I hope you are enjoying your results...nice boobs
Beautiful results! You must be thrilled!!! Keep up the weight loss and have fun shopping!!!
Your healing looks fantastic. What size do you think you are now? Definitely not a double G. Happy 4 U!
hi you look great...what state did you get it done? and is the $1000 for everything...who is your doctor
I had my procedure done in North Carolina. I had to meet my deductible...so far that is all I have had to pay. Thank you so much for the compliment!
You look amazing!
Looking awesome, congrats!
YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!
Thank you so much Bg99!
You look amazing!!
I know just what you mean. I am 63 and I didnt look this good when i was 16. I asked my ps if they were really mine when I first saw them and he laughed. I kept touching them making sure they didnt turn huge again.
LMBO that was funny. I'm going to do everything in my power to keep my new boobs looking this good. Hopefully by the time I turn 63 they will still look good. LOL
You look just great, nice shape and a good size for you
Thank you so much! I can't remember the last time I have felt this good about myself.
At first I didn't because everything hurt! LOL it was hard to feel anything other than pain that 1st week. By week too I could definitely feel my nipples. Heaven forbid they get cold!!! It feels like tiny electrical shocks. LMBO but it was a welcoming surprise considering the surgery itself. So yes I can still feel my nipples and yes they still have sensation when I use moisturizer. Don't worry...once you get into your 2nd week everyday will bring about a new change. You will realize it after the fact. The light bulb will go off and you will have a, "Wow I didn't realize I could do that!" kind of moment.
lol mine look hard no matter what like thru a shirt you can see them lol!!! oh well i couldnt see them hardly at all before i might be that trashy girl who walks around with her "headlights on" just for gp lol not!!!!!!! i realized too my need for meds my menstrual cycle was coming and my boobies hurt like beyond crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! yours have not really dropped at all!!! at least it looks that way in your pic!!! i am in week two .wednesday is 2 full weeks and i am still numb alot ..my left nipple is completely numb still..PS said it could take up to a year even to get full sensation back if at all ....which is cool but the headlight on thing hopefully will calm down !!!! i love SEX AND THE CITY and one episode Samanthat had fake pasty hard nipples ..lol drama!! ;) i keep laughing!! are you wearing real bras already??
Thank you. No I'm not wearing regular bras yet. Heck I hate wearing anything. I have brought all kinds of sports bras and they're just not comfortable. For the last 2 nights I didn't wear one to bed and it felt oh so good. LOL. I think my PS must have stitched me up really good because I too have noticed that the girls have not dropped at all. Not much has changed from my 1 week to 3 week post op pictures. The scars looks better which is a good thing. I wonder how long it takes for most women's breast to start dropping. I know every woman is different. Right now mine still feel like they have been injected with Botox LOL. They don't swell as much or before but I still have days when they do.
Mine never dropped into the teardrop shape and it is over a year. PS technique was to bring tissue up to top part to retain fullness.
wow!!!!!!!!! that would be wonderful!!!
tisha 816 do you feel your nipples? if so when did that sensation start up ,unfortunately i do not feel mine ..i knew that could happen when i started this and even though i am ok with it is still a bit of a bummer
Yes Idynrd1234 it is normal. I took pain meds for about a week and a half. I got off because the headaches it have me were unbearable! I only have a little pain in my incisions under the arms but mostly what I feel is discomfort. I have tried every bra known to man but it seems like none of them are as comfortable as I would like!
Thank you Tisha816 .my bra i got from wal mart its a fruit of the loom and it is comfy but as i stated down below i think i need a larger one since my boobies have started to become unnumb.. idk if that is even a word unnumb?? well actually they are dropping and myfullness is not so much at the top i only have the bottom two snaps together otherwise it hurts!!
tomorrow wil be a week since my surgery and i am still taking pain meds is that normal?