HORRIFYING and Depressing Experience!

I received the green peel and yes, it was an...

I received the green peel and yes, it was an uncomfortable process, but I didn't care. You see, the medical spa that I went to suggested the green based on my acne and hyperpigmentation. So I didn't care that the process would be uncomfortable--there's an old saying "suffer for beauty." My skin took on a five day process of peeling and then I followed up my green peel with a post peel. In about 10 days or less, my skin had a adverse reaction to this green peel. My skin broke out in bumps, my pimples have been bleeding. My mother thought I had the mumps or the chicken pox. I have ethnic skin and my hyperpigmentation has worsened as well as the acne. My forehead looks awful as well as the sides of my face. Unfortunately, I can't even cover my face with makeup, the makeup isn't strong enough to conceal the damage. I am worried because I have never had these kind of pimples before.

I DON'T recommend the green peel as it was and IS a depressing experience especially as a young woman. I wasted my money and my time. Furthermore, the spa that I went to does not offer refunds. I purchased three green peels and only had one--I will not get another one and so I have lost money on the other two green peels.

Pure MedSpa

you should have wait atleast one month before starting a new peeling process. so i guess you should not blame the product.

I think it is very important that ethnic skin types pre-treat the skin with lightening agents before and after any type of peel. Skin care therapists need to inform clients of the potential problems of hyper pigmentation.
I had a similar experience on my face and body. Fortunately, core sore on my face was not too bad, but after 8 days of receiving green peel on my chest area, though it's getting a lot better, I'm still suffering with itchiness and pain. I take warm shower twice a day to gently peel off the area as my skin desquamates, but I think it's still a long way to go. My skin provider assures me that I'm going to be fine, so I'm waiting to be cleared at the moment, but still worried. Since i learned that green peel's effectiveness is different from one another, I'm trying to give a full report when my chest gets better. I should've read reviews and research before I got green peel done.
I'm sorry that happen to you. Taking a warm shower twice a day will get your skin more irritate then better.The best solution for this is to apply Manuka honey as a mask,to heal and sooth your skin. or leave in thick moistureizer for 15 minutes before you take a shower. Post treatment is very important, go back to your Dr./ Esthetician to take a look. My question to you is, after the green peel do you expose your self in the wind? because after the peel you need to stay cool indoor at least 8 hrs, because windburn is as bad as sunburn after the peel.
Good luck to you, hope your skin gets better.
Thank you for your concern. It's been 4 months already, and now I'm completely healed. I don't think I ever want to do green peel again, but in the future, I'll keep your advise in mind.

Hello Wee Hon,

Is it safe to assume you are a Esthetician? Thanks for the great advice and please continue to add to the community.

Thanks,

-Britt

Yes!I was a major in Nuclear Medicine Tech,and minor in Health Education. As a result of bad Acne and scars,it lead me into Aesthetician for 18 years. I have travel from Asia to Europe and have worked deligently over the years to get the most education for my client's benefits, because I understand what my client go through. I have done alot of green peels, and there are always pros and cons with skin treatments and products. From my experience Green Peels give good results for Acne, and rejuvenate the skin. Two reason that I don't perform Green Peel in last 2 years is 1- The Client can't wash their face for 5 days. 2- Green peel may cause fever blisters. Thank you soo much for welcoming me into you community.
Just use alot of moisturizers that contain plant stem cells and tons of sunscreen! hope all goes well for you.

Wow Wee Hon,

That is quite the background. Your advice is great and adds as a vital part of our community. Thank you and please continue to be such an active member.

-Britt

Hi, I would like to include green peel in my practice. Since you be done a lot can you tell me more about.Thank you so much Milena
i'm experiencing the exact same effects from the green peel jcmbagirl. I've sent emails to the canadian distributor and they're implying i may have caused it because i reacted after the 2nd treatment 2 weeks after. I followed directions and there's been no improvement whatsoever. I was instructed to keep using the blemish balm and i just feel it's clogging my pores even though its suppose to reduce inflammation. I decided to get a referral to see a dermatologist and hopefully he/she can help and as of now i'm temporarily using 10% benzoyl peroxide bar soap and Differin cream at bedtime as per my physician's order until i consult the dermatologist. I highly suggest you email the company with your results until positive action takes place. I've been emailing them weekly and i won't stop. It's total B-S that they're not willing to help fix the situation. Good luck!
The only thing to consider with this product is thid Caution: People with an intolerance to hydroxy acids (AHA, glycolic, salicylic and other acids) should not use this product. If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your skin care professional. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes. Acids, microderm and chemical peels,cause deep wounds. strong chemical peels can creat an abnormal epidermis, which can appear shiny, pale and abnormally translucent all these actually cause damage to the in the long term a level of unpredictability is inherent in these treatments. With darker skin types, skin pigmentation is an ever present danger. I would consider treating your skin with a very nourishing skin care line such as Dr. Spiller Biocosmetics which hydrate all day and will help heal your skin without any further stripping.
My comment is for jcmbagirl. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience, but even worse that after your experience you were not offered solutions. Two things that may help you, for your pigmentation, a melanin suppressant. The best that I have worked with and had results from is G.M. Collin "Luminence". It fades pigmentation beautifully. works faster when combined with retin-A or other peels, but I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to subject your skin to any more harsh treatments. I've seen great results with just the concentrate alone. Also to help your skin while it heals and to cover the pigmentation until the problem is solved I'd recommend Jane Iredale Mineral Make-up. their foundation gives coverage and is safe for even the most damaged skin. they also have a product called enlighten, that covers and lightens pigmentation.
I would highly suggest that you do not have any chemical peels or laser treatments on your skin, I have seen first hand the damage laser treatments have had on the skin. We have had to use the green peel to correct the scarring it has caused. Chemical peels in the long term do more damage than good.
The Med Spa suggested chemical peels afterwards to correct the damage. I had four chemical peels and they wanted me to continue with the peels, but I didn't because I did not feel comfortable. Their medical director gave me a prescription for Tri-luma; however, with Tri-luma one runs the risk of developing hypo-pigmenation because it's extremely difficult, I would say even impossible to apply the medication exactly on the brown spots without getting the medication on the normal area of the skin.
In regards to Laser on the face; I had it done when it was new. It's important to give a thorough history. Even though my Dr. knew I had a history or fever blisters,and pre-treated me for them with 2 anti-viral medications, I had a full blown case of the fever blisters all over my face. I coulda't close my eyes and had to have eye lid grafts. I would have to debride my face every 2 hours with vinegar and normal saline. It was extremely painful.I missed 3 months of work.So be careful with laser if you have the Herpes virus. Maybe stick with creams. I forgot to mention, I had a chemical peel around my mouth and guess what? Yep, you guessed it: fever blestirs from my nose to my chin. Talk about bad luck!
Where did you get your peel?
Thanks for your response and I'm sure you mean well, but DOVE SOAP is not going to help with the hyperpigmentation.
Hi...I'm so sorry about your experience. When you have a reaction to a product you should stop using everything. One of my girlfriends reacted to dermalogica and broke out with acne and my threapist told her that she should not use any beauty product. She recomended to wash her face with dove soap three times a day and wear no makeup and no moisturiser. Normally beauty threapists jump at you to sell you a product, but she knows her skin really well and dosent lie to get the dollar out of you. She said that dove soap has the right PH levels for your skin and even the most sensitive skin types can use it. Dove soap also has moisturzing effect, so you dont go really tight and dry. You should use the soap untill your skin goes back to normal. My girlfriend tried what my threapist said and a couple of months later her skin started to go to normal. She then went back to my threapist to use the products they sell. My girlfriend has been happy since. I wish you the best, but please try DOVE SOAP it will really help. Dont listen to anybody trying to sell you a treatment or product untill your skin goes back to normal. Your skin will only get worse if you keep using products that make it angry. GOOD LUCK
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience! I wish you all the best in getting some relief. I also wanted to ask, as skyndeep has, did you say that you got another peel a few days after the green peel? I would think that was an absolute no-no and would really mess up your skin. Best of luck to you!
Well said Kelly, A great therapist would know that when treating ethnic skin you need to use a certain deal of caution when it comes to peelings as the pigmentation can worsen. The actual proceidure the therapist performed in my opinion was not done properly. It is bad, lazy inexperienced therapists that unfortunately causes us very good therapist to be tarred and feathered with the same brush. Shame!
Hi could you clear something for me? After the treatment did you say you had a post peel again? Or did you mean a post treatment facial?
Hi...thanks for the response. I meant to say I followed up with the post treatment facial.
I agree with kmk. It is also very important to do everything that is required of you during the treatments, so that you get the best out of it. I have heard of people not doing so and suffering the consequences. Also the therapist may have gone too hard on your skin, there are three different pressures that should be applied depending on the type of skin, people who have slight pigmentation should have light pressure to lift it but if heavy pressure is applied it can cause excessive pigmentation to occur. In isolated cases, which is what I am hearing a bit in these reveiws is that severe skin reaction can be caused by a massage that is carried out in an impropper way (too much pressure or too long a duration of the massage)or not in line with the texture of the skin. Unfortunately there are people out there that are abusing a very good and effective treatment and I bet my bottom dollar that they are not trained to do the procedure. Also everyone is different and it can work in different ways for different people as it works with your skins own natural regeneration processes. Before beginning a peeling treatment, a THOROUGH skin analysis and an INTENSIVE consulting session are necessary to determine whether the skin of the customer is SUITABLE for a GREEN PEEL herbal peeling treatment. Even though it is entirely made up of natural plant ingredients and wont hurt the eyes of a patient or hands of the therapist,does not mean it is suitable for everyone! Did they take before and after photo's? The same goes for chemical peels, laser resurfacing, microderm etc. Not everything natural is good for you and not everything synthetic is bad for you!! Another thing to remember, there are no guarantees in life except death and taxes. And it always pays to shop around.
jcmbagirl...I'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience. As an esthetician for 11 years I can tell you that many "med-spas" will do anything for just about anyone who will pay the money. It's shamefull. And when you have a horrible result or reaction they pull out the informed consent sheet you signed that details all the contraindications and possible adverse reactions. PLEASE take those claims seriously people! Be very gentle with your skin right now and be SURE to wear an SPF of 20 or higher with a zinc base..this will help prevent further scarring. To "pipsnum"...I can understand after your experiences how you might not trust estheticians but believe me, we ARE trained skin in skin care and know "how it works" but we do NOT diagnose. Client's self diagnosis' and self treatment is often the basis of most skin problems. Example...You think its oily because you have a few blackheads and then strip the living you know what out of it and cause all kinds of other issues. Most estheticians do this job because we absolutely love it and know how to tell a client NO when it's in their best interest. If I wouldn't put it on my skin I won't put it on a client's skin. Having said that, you as the client/patient also have a duty to do a bit of homework on your chosen doctor or esthetician and whatever they happen to offer you in the way of treatments or products. Peels, microderm, laser, etc., are not for everyone and there are contraindications and possible adverse reactions with all products and treatments...even over the counter products. FWIW...I am a huge advocate of oils and gentle cleansing...rosehip seed oil is amazing for the skin!!