Acne Cured Five Years Ago. - Hooksett, NH

As a child I've always had stubborn acne covering...

As a child I've always had stubborn acne covering my cheeks, forehead, and chin. My acne would leave horrible embarrassing red-marks and I would always hide. There were no treatments that would relieve my breaks out. I would use many brands of benzoyl peroxide but my condition continued to worsen months while treating it. I even tried natural remedies including witch hazel and tea tree oil with no relief.

I researched Accutane but was very hesitant to use it due to the many side effects I've read. I considered it a long time before actually deciding to try it. I talked to a dermatologist I've trusted for years about it and he said it would be a viable option.

Finally, I took the plunge and signed the paper-work claiming I wouldn't commit suicide or get pregnant. (lol)

I started on 40 mg the first month and increased the dose to 80 mg for the last five months. It was quite an experience. Dry skin, chapped lips, even back pains. I stayed hydrated and got through it with ease. Accutane was totally worth it. The best decision I've ever made!

If you have persistent acne and nothing has helped, consider Isotretinoin. It may be your cure.

And if you are left with scars after a course, DO NOT DO FRAXEL.

Gregory Smith