Mid 30's, African-American Male - Honolulu, HI

I had open rhinoplasty performed on my entire nose...

I had open rhinoplasty performed on my entire nose in order to reduce its size and make it attractive. My experience with the consult, prep, surgery, revision, and check-ups have all been exemplary. It has almost been 9 months since the initial surgery, and I feel that my doctor and his staff have done just an exceptional job. I was worried about external scarring, keloids, and other external abnormalities, but have not had any issues. My doctor in Honolulu, Dr. Schlesinger, is really dedicated to his patient's satisfaction. I see this in the way he works hard to assure that I am happy with the results. Likewise, his staff is very helpful and has worked well with fulfilling my time requirements. In all, my rhinoplasty experience has been great. Now I just hope the swellng subsides, although I have very thick skin.
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

My doctor in Honolulu, Dr. Schlesinger, is really dedicated to his patient's satisfaction. I see this in the way he works hard to assure that I am happy with the results. Likewise, his staff is very helpful and has worked well with fulfilling my time requirements. In all, my rhinoplasty experience has been great! I also wanted to mention that there should be 10-stars for Dr. Schlesinger's "aftercare and follow up".

I've heard that swelling takes longer with thicker skin. I hope you're able to see your final results soon! What would you say was the most difficult part of recovery for you?
I thought the procedure would be painful and that the recovery would interfere with my work. However, I had little to no pain for both my initial surgery and revision. The most difficult part for me was keeping my hands off of my nose. I developed a tendency to massage or gently squeeze the bulbous areas. The swelling is pretty frustrating, as well as the amount of time it has (is) taken to look refined. It's interesting to note that my revision was just done on my dorsal implant (got a new implant). However, my tip remained untouched since the first procedure. My tip looks great, and I can really see the difference in swelling because my dorsal implant (bridge), being 4-months old, compared to my tip being 9-months old, makes my nose look puffy and wide just until the tip portion of my nose. It's true, thick skin retains so much swelling.
I've heard that, too. How frustrating!