Chin Reduction! - Honolulu, HI

I love Dr. Wong, he's fabulous!! I had long been...

I love Dr. Wong, he's fabulous!! I had long been unhappy with the length and projection of my chin. It made me self conscious, ever since high school. About five or six years ago, I saw a plastic/maxillofacial surgeon to finally do something about it. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. He seemed rather timid when I asked about reducing the vertical length of my chin- instead, he just burred it down a bit horizontally. Unfortunately, I was left with some redundant skin and not much of a change. I had two different surgeons excise the excess skin, and the last one left me badly scarred and uneven.

Happily, I found Dr. Wong! Almost immediately, I knew that I was finally in the right hands. Very skilled hands, I might add (I can see why he has been voted one of the best doctors in America since 1998). He knew exactly what I wanted and what he had to do to get me there. By nature, I tend to be an anxious person, but he and his lovely wife, who works beside him, put me soooo at ease. They make one hell of a team.

It has been 51 days and I still have a bit of healing to do, but I am so happy! The next time I need some tweaking, I know who I'll be seeing ;-).

Befores and one after pic

All of the photos (except for the last) were taken before my vertical reduction. I had the procedure done on February 20. My chin and lower lip are still numb, but I am not the fastest healer ;-). I suspect that it will take many months to regain full feeling in those areas. Although you can't tell from this angle, I will also need a tiny bit of tweaking- just a little more skin nipped below the jaw. So far, so good!
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Wong is very attentive, patient, and has the best bedside manner. He also answered every one of my million questions.