44 Years Old, 4 Grown Sons, Newly Happily Married- and Went for It. -Honolulu, HI

I had recently lost another 10 lbs to get into my...

I had recently lost another 10 lbs to get into my beautiful, yet unforgiving wedding dress, when I realized that although I lost all that weight, that my problem areas became more evident.

I'm 5'0" and 110 lbs when I'm not watching my diet, alcohol, exercize. I have never been pro-surgery until I realized that what I wanted could not be achieved by diet and exercize. My wonderful husband offerred me the MM again and this time I was open-minded and -hearted.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Fabulous Body to Me! Lol!

Yaye! Went for the BA (400 cc's- a full D), TT & lipo on upper abs & hips last Fri, the 27th of dec. and am so very pleased with my experience w/ Dr. Chin, his staff and facility. This is PO day 5 and recovery has been positive so far.

I had a lot of anxieties about recovery, pain intensity and duration, preparation etc. and was very blessed to have a handful of friends that have had treatments to share their experiences w/ me, then I was introduced to all of you ladies here.

If I can share any insight to help any one of you to go for it- would be this:

1. Go In eyes wide-open! Read-up on the best-case scenarios
(and worse) so you have realistic expectations of your experience to come as well as what to avoid (here on RS and in person if you can)

2. Ask about all of your Med strategy and get your Rx's filled well before your treatment date- you seriously dont want to be running around post-surgery getting your stuff together. Ask about Sinnech Homeopathic Surgery Recovery Regimine (swelling/bruising reducer), antibiotics, constipation, nausea meds, types of different pain-killers, etc. Also, child-proof bottles are hard to open so get 1 of those daily pill sorter for easier access.

3. Compression garments! I speak of these things with mixed emotions- you need 'em and you'll want 'em as tight and itchy, scratchy and uncomfortable as they are. I use Cosmetassure- the one that's used for c-section patients. Get the right size and take out the boning when u can. You'll need 2- 1 for washing while you use the other

4. Use Anti-bacterial Soap before and after your treatments! Wash, wash, wash, even shampoo with it, and do all you can do to avoid the complications of infection

5. Still pining over getting a recliner? Just get it- it'll save your life- i'm still camping on it. Make sure to get 3-4 fluffy pillows ready as well. Oh, and a TV table helps as well

6. Stay positive! And stay away from the nay-Sayers out there. And if you happen to bump into them, go ahead and acknowledge their opinions and let it slide off. After all, you'll be the one living in your fab new bod ;)

7. Lastly, don't be a hero. Pain management is key to successful healing. I know a lot of us have pride in our bodies and try to avoid toxins, but pain hinders healing, so take the painkillers, heal-up, then detox again. Also, take enough time off for yourself. The full TT/BA/Lipo will require at least 2weeks out, then light duty. You'll be 4 weeks in the CG and it'll take 4 wks just stand up straight again. Having to run back to work will just stress the heck out of you that again, may mess up your healing process.

This goes out to each of you with best wishes for your decision and a most fabulous physique!
P.S. Will you be putting up a wedding photo of you in that fabulous dress? :)
Hi angiemcc, That's a great idea! I will, but ironically, it will be a "before" pic- lol'
Thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf! Great tips for other ladies about to proceed with this journey!

POD 7 check up yesterday- all is well.

I'm moving around quite well - although still hunched over and yes, back gets super sore. This will continue till PO 4 weeks. Still camping on the recliner and pacing activity like laundry, puttering, etc.

Couple of new things that help:

Shower chair- being able to sit when showering/shampooing is a back saver. Didn't buy one. I just use a regular wooden stool I had in the house and put a plastic bag over it- works really good. It's such a relief to take a hot shower comfortably. I think it's therapeutic.

Also, panty liners! My doc's protocol is not to cover the TT incision to keep it under the CG. I get paranoid that I'll pull the stitches b/c I'm constantly adjusting the CG so I put a panty liner between the CG and my incision, especially at the ends where it tends to be most irritating. Works great, it also saves the CG from getting messed up and soiled too often.

Still can't wait to try on my clothes and for me and my husband to go out dinner and have a nice glass of champaign ;)
Dr. Shim Ching

I love Dr. Ching's style. He asked what my concerns were and kept conversation focused on the MM. He is very soft spoken and thorough when answering my questions. He is highly skilled and takes care of the details like providing Rx's like pain-killer, anti-biotics, stool softener, etc. well before surgery day so I didn't find myself trying to get Rx's filled post-op. He provided 2 CGs to go home with-1 to wear while the other gets washed. When I called the Phys. Ex. To reach him, he called me right then to help me. Dr. Ching was my only consult and I would recommend him to all of my friends and family.