Long Time Wait, Finally Going for It - Honolulu, HI

I am a 29 year old wife (8 years) and mother of 2...

I am a 29 year old wife (8 years) and mother of 2 (6 yrs & 8 yrs). I am 5'6" and 135 lbs. with an athletic build. I breast fed both of my kids for at least 6 months, and like so many others on here I lost what boobs I did have. I was not very big before having kids, so I was SOOOO excited when my milk came in with each child. I felt like a normal woman with something actually in my bra besides padding! LOL My husband and I have been talking off and on about getting implants for me for about 5 years. I had gained a little weight over the past couple of years, so I made a deal with my husband...if I get back down to my goal weight (135 lbs) and you get promoted, we will get serious about getting these babies upgraded! Well, about 8 months later...here we are, goal weight reached and hubby is promoted!! I am a mix of emotions, mainly excited, but nervous, anxious, etc. at the same time. I have 2 consults set up on May 7th and am so excited to learn my options. I have done countless hours of research on Dr.'s in my area and the procedures themselves.

One thing I have learned through many testimonials and websites such as this one, is do not have anything set in stone in your mind before you talk to the Dr. they will be able to guide you to what is going to be the best option for you to achieve the look you want. I am a bit nervous that when I go in for the initial consult that I will be totally unprepared. Anyone else have these feelings? Any advice as to questions I might be asked or things the Dr. will expect me to have an idea of would be appreciated. I am a planner, so I want to be as prepared as possible without my mind set on anything specific...does that even make sense? Ugh, ok enough already! Will update after consults with pics, etc.

Just read reputable sites and research ask ur dr any questions! I asked several. Try not to be nervous. I stressed myself out beforehand and it wasn't worth it lol.

Also, the Four Implant Types! :0) This infographic is also great!

Thanks for the info, I had already read the "10 things I wish I'd known" article and found it to be very helpful...so glad this website exists for things like that!! I will def check out the other one too. :-)

I don't think there's any way you'll go in unprepared! :0) You already know more than most people. You might want to check out this 10 Things I Wish I'd Known About Breast Implants article. Hope it helps and please let us know how you're consultations go.