Extrusion ... Raised Red Spot with Pain Turned into a Hole - Honolulu, HI

I had my first implants done in FL on 7/2013 I...

I had my first implants done in FL on 7/2013 I complained about pain in my left breast after only a week and the doctor kept telling me it was nerves and it would go away just keep massaging also said that's why my left was not dropping. I didn't believe it I felt like something was wrong and he didn't want to own up to it but what do you do. So I kept going back and telling him over and over the same thing he never did anything to figure if there was a problem... Well there was a huge problem my spot I was complaining about that was red and raised turned into my skin starting to peel and then finally ended up with a hole my implant was showing though my skin. Talk about a nightmare and pain!!! Let me back a step here a month before the hole opened we moved to Hawaii because of my husbands job so now I have this hole and faced with do I fly all the way back to FL to a doctor I don't trust or try to find a new doctor in HI and hope they can and will fix me being that a lot of doctors won't touch other doctors work. Then I found Dr. Schlesinger when I called his office and explained they got me in that day to see him and being the amazing doctor he is he was not worried about fixing someone else work. He was worried about my health and I am so thankful. Not only that he saw that's my case pretty rare and I needed to have it taken care of ASAP so the next day I was having surgery to have my implant removed and the hole closed I am three days out now and his after care is amazing he has seen me everyday to check on me to make sure the hole is not infected. Also his staff is great and the surgery clinic you don't feel like your waiting to have surgery which for me was really helpfully because my nerves get the best of me. I am soooooooo glad I found Dr. Schlesinger I will add an update along with pictures soon he will also be replacing my implant in 60-90days.

Before implant was removed and one week after it was removed

Photos before implant was removed

one week from implant replacement

I am one week from having my implant replaced and feel like I should put an updated comment up... I truly know what it's like to find an amazing doctor not and one that was just in it for the money ...the surgeon who did my first surgery had a really nice surgery center/office but he lacks so much ... Dr.Schlesinger surgery center was so much more comfortable to me and the staff all so sweet I know I'll be in good hands again and at the office they treat you like family and I have been there to see him more times in 7 weeks than the other doctor ever bother with me in 10 months and I had to call and I ask for those Apts because something wasn't right but back to Dr.Schlesinger I am so impressed he has done things I now am like hello why didn't the first doctor do this I see why I am having surgery again asking me questions about what I want types shape size placement measuring everything getting to know me and what I want not telling me last my last doctor did. For anyone who reads this looking to have surgey a GOOD surgeon makes a world of differnce I have healed up amazingly from the removal... if you happen to live in Hawaii I would say Dr.Schlesinger is who you want to talk!
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Let's just say I wish I would have waited until I moved to Hawaii to get them done .... I couldn't ask for a better doctor and am so thankful he took me as patient.

You are in great hands! Dr. Schlesinger is my surgeon also, he is truly an artist and an amazing surgeon who really cares. Even his staff is amazing! I'm sure everything will turn out great now! Good luck!
I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced but with appropriate timing and execution of your re-augmentation procedure, it is very likely that you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure. Best wishes.
Thank You!
You're in good hands!!!
Why do you still want implants?
Because this can be fixed it was the doctors mistake going to close to my skin and I have found a new doctor who I trust and know what its like to be in good hands from the min I walked in and talked to my new Dr. everything changed for me. I want to feel better about myself just as any woman does. Its as simple as that.
Good luck with that.