From Bs to Ds with Dr. Benjamin Chu - Honolulu, Hi

Dr. Chu was the most thorough doctor I've ever met...

Dr. Chu was the most thorough doctor I've ever met. Consultation is free of charge, and he really took his time explaining all your options for breast augmentation. He presents a powerful powerpoint presentation with many pictures and statistics. Then, he lets you touch all the different type of implants, and what the pros and cons of each implant entails. Then, you pick your surgery date. I took anti-anxiety pills, anti-nausea pills, etc. one hour before my surgery and, then I was already loopy before hitting the surgery room. The surgery itself took an hour and a half, and then my parents drove my happy, drugged self home to take care of me. I was down and out for five days because you cannot lift your arms or move too much. Dr. Chu insists on rest and no arm movement, which I'm glad I followed his directions because I have perfect breasts with no bumpy scar tissue or tearing of my stitches. All in all, I am very happy with my breasts. I have Mentor Moderate Round Plus Silicone implants with 475cc in each breast (may vary depending on if breasts are equal in size), and the cost was roughly around $8300. I am 21, 5'4", and 145 lbs. I could not have been happier with my results, and I just went for my month check up with Dr. Chu and everything looks perfect.

Congratulations! We would love to see some photos if you're comfortable posting them. Nice to hear your parents helped you with your recovery. Were they able to help you with the expenses too? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

I may upload pictures in the future. I dont know how comfortable I am with the idea now but I won't completely rule it out. I didn't need help with expenses because I paid in full the day of my surgery with my own money.

No problem on the photos...I completely understand! Wow, that's awesome you covered the entire procedure on your own. Have you been bra shopping yet? I know most surgeons suggest you wait but sometimes it's too exciting to wait!

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

This is my only cosmetic procedure I've had, but I'm glad it was with Dr. Chu. He answered every email with my never-ending questions. He was kind and always concerned with the best options for me. His staff is wonderful and filled with very thoughtful and intelligent people. I would recommend Dr.Chu to anyone because he really transformed my body and self-esteem.