** DAY 14 - post op pics** 31, 2 Children, 32A, 400/450cc Submuscular, Transaxillary- Honolulu, HI

First if all thank you, thank you, thank you to...

First if all thank you, thank you, thank you to all the beautiful ladies that have shared all of your experiences and pictures. This website has truly helped me in my journey and has made me less nervous! In recent weeks I have found myself totally obsessed with BOOBS...I'm glad to know its normal

My before pics

My Story

I honestly never thought I would have my breasts done...maybe it's a midlife crisis? LOL I am a mother of two (5 & 6) have also been small chested. After pregnancy I was a full C, breast feed for 6 months and went down to a deflated A. :( Fast forward, this past year I lost 15-20lbs just by eating healthier (no processed foods) Didn't think it was possible for my boobs to get any smaller, but they did. I started considering surgery but never took the steps to do it. Last month I finally got the nerve to schedule a consultation. I liked the look of 350cc's so the patient coordinator suggested going for a 450cc because you can lose up to 20% when going behind the muscle. I decided on L 400cc R 450cc, Transaxillary (arm pit), Submuscular.

Telling the family....

I struggled with this. My mom is awesome but she's a typical mom that says "you are perfect the way you are" It's something I brought up in the past but was never fully serious about it and she was never to pleased with the idea. I figured I would bring up to her after the fact and her here grumble about it then tell her guess what? I did it! LOL Then the guilt set in as I feel like keeping something from her was lying to her. I talk to my mom pretty much everyday on my way home from work for about an hour. Yesterday I decided I'm gonna tell her, by the time i got home I just didn't know how to bring it up. =/ Later that night, I called her and told her "I need you to tell you something and I need you to be non-judgemental and supportive." First thing she said was "you're pregnant!" I said, "No....but I am getting twins next week!" She still didn't get it...she said " oh no you're getting puppies?" hahaha. I said "Yes, but not those kind of puppies". She finally got it! LOL She of course is worried about what can go wrong, my health, and her baby being in pain. All in all she was very supportive and told me it is my body and if it makes me happy then so be it. Then she added in "Maybe we shouldn't tell your father though" LOL After, I told her I called my sister and gave her the heads up to. It's always good to have a few extra prayers on surgery day =)

Pre-Op Appointment

It still doesn't feel real to me...just feels like I'm going through the motions! Did a final sizing. Sticking with my original choice of L400cc R450cc. I am 5'5" 130lbs. I have a very small upper half (size XS/S) and waist, but curvy in the hips (size 7/9) so I think it will proportion my body nicely. Dr. will pic the profile while I am on the table as to what suits my body best (it will most likely be high profile) I got my scripts today for norco, and antiboitic, and a something for nausea. I am only allowed to take a daily vitamin and tylenol if needed for any reason. Dr. does not use surgical bras or sports bras. If I don't want to go braless I can wear bralettes, coobie style bras, shelf cami's basically anything with thin straps that is not too tight. He will be using dissolving sutures and place glue over it so I will be able to shower as soon as I want. Got my blood drawn, hopefully everything comes back normal. =)

A little bit of shopping...

It's hard not to go crazy buying new stuff with the anticipation of how good it will soon fit. I can't wear a regular bra for at least 4 weeks so I need some variety :)

Worst Timing to get sick

Everyone in my house finally got over a cold last week. Yesterday morning I woke up with a sore throat, fever, and bad headache that last all day. This morning kind of the same thing. I'm so depressed that I will probably have to reschedule. Everything that I am reading says if you have a fever you will not be able to proceed. =( I know in the end it's for the best if my Dr. decides to postpone but it does really suck. The kids will be on spring break next week so they are flying to Maui to stay at grandma's house. I don't know when I'll have the opportunity again. Have any of you had a similar situation of getting sick prior to surgery? I emailed the patient coordinator this morning to let her know the situation.

Today is the day!!

I can't believe it! I'm soooo nervous! Part of me wants to run away but I know it will be so worth it. Got my IV just waiting in doc to finish with the surgery before me. Ahhhh! This is really happening!

I HAVE BOOBIES!!'

just got home.feeling ok. Just some pressure. Haven't taken any pain meds so far. Sorry for not responding to individual comments. Will do later :) I'll try to post some pics later tonight.

It's done! Whew! 5 hours post Op

I'm feeling great. Haven't taken any pain meds yet *knock on wood* took 2 extra strength Tylenol when I can home, napped for 2 1/2 hours. Got up from the couch alone just need to have fb pull of my sweat pant. Went to the bathroom on my own also. Just are some oatmeal and feeling great. Absolutely NO PAIN!! just some pressure on my right I assuming because it's the bigger implant. No dressings. No drains! I was worried that it would be too big L400cc/R450cc. I'm surprised how small they actual look. I rather be little smaller than too big anyway. Thanks everyone for you well wishes!!

Day 2

Woke up feeling much better today. Sitting up off the bed or couch I don't have as much of the burning sensation under my breast. I'm assuming this is "morning boob"? I've been only taken extra strength for pain which has been working. Under my arms are the most sensitive right now so my movement is like a T-Rex . LOL

Day 4 Post Op Pics

Not many changes on day 4. My right is still higher and has a bit more to go to even out. They are beginning to get softer.

Day 5 Post Op -

I'm so bored lounging around the house. I decided to try and drive today so I went to the grocery store for a bit, went to Ross, and picked up some lunch. Still tender under my arms and don't have a full range of motion yet but feeling almost back to normal.

Day 14 Post Op

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks!! Time has just flown by. I'm feeling great. I still feel a little tender here and there but nothing major. I went back to work on Day 6. Everyone expected me to be busting out of my uniform (polo shirt) and told me "you look the same!" VS makes great push-up bras! I really was pretty flat. I am very happy with my decisions, no regrets. Size is perfect, I wanted it to be just a little bit bigger than what I was in a bra. My right (larger implant) still has a ways to go but I'm confident that the end result will be as I hoped. I started my massages after my 1 week post op appointment. Pushing all four sides of breast for 20 seconds 3 times each side, 3 times a day. Here are some before & after pics, and a progress pic :)

OMG yours look soooo good! i just met with shim Ching today so excited. Told him I wanted them done ASAP and I can possibly get them done next Friday if work will allow me to take off! Were almost the same stats also I'm 5'5" 1/2 and 127lbs. I'll be going under the muscle and Dr Ching said a large C Or even A small D would look good on me. So we chose 450cc's. Just wondering when you were able to move around and get stuff done again?
I'm so happy for you! Trust me you are in great hands...Dr. Ching and staff are amazing! I got 450/400 pre op I was a 32A now I am a 34D (no padding) , 34DD (push-up/padding) in VS. I feel like they are more of a full C though. They are very natural looking in size and you can't really tell unless I'm wearing something revealing. My BA was on a Friday morning and by the next day I was able to do most thing by myself already (slow moving of course) by day 5 I was able to drive (turning was a little hard but doable) day 6 I was back to work (office job). I'm now 2 months post op and feel I'm almost 100% back to normal. Everyone heals differently though. It also depends on you pain tolerance...I never took the pain killers so I was able to drive and stuff. I excited to read about your experience!! Good luck!
Do you still have sensation in your breasts after surgery? Or any stretch stretch marks?
Yes. Because your going thorough the under arm and not cutting into the breast tissue you shouldn't lose any sensation. My nipple area was actually really, really sensitive. Only now has it got back to its normal sensation. The weird part is the sides of my breast would feel numb I guess sense it's all silicone in that area. Now I don't notice it as much...maybe I just got used to it. Stretch marks kind of depend on your body. I have two kids and had very minimal stretch marks you can barely see them. My boobs also got up to D's with both pregnancies so they have been stretched to the size they are now so I think that helped not get any. After surgery I was rubbing coconut oil on them just to keep them moisturized because they felt tight. So definitely use something. :)
sorry just wondering if you got the high profile? They chose 450 for me but i'm scared its just going to be way too big.
Dr. Ching decides the profile when you're on the table. I can almost guarantee it will be high profile though since it is considered a larger implant. I was very, very afraid that 450 would be too big on me and it isn't at all, granted everyone body does carry it differently. I liked the look of a 350 sizer and my outcome with the 400/450 was pretty close to it.
you look soo good! and your right are boobs before looked really similar! yours are turning out sooo great!!!! :)
Your results look great so far! I'm reallyimpressed that you ddon't need pain meds. I hope you continue to heal quickly and easily.
Thank you!! My PS is truly talented. The nurses were telling me how gentle handed he is and most patients have no pain after. I was definitely expecting the worse.
Thanks for posting pictures so quickly you're amazing... I love your results thus far.... Were they saline or silicone?
NVM, they are silicone... They are GREAT.
You're welcome. It's still a weird feeling when I look at them. It doesn't feel like me yet.
Good for you. They are lovely ")
Thank you! :)
Thank you for sharing islandmomma! You look awesome....I can't believe how great you look on day 1! They look so natural, and not even a bit boxy! Question, do you have a high pain tolerance, and intentionally desire not to take pain meds? Also, did you go for saline or silicone? And thanks for the tip on how to break it to mom (as I still haven't told mine, yet, and speak to her everyday)! I plan to tell her about 2 weeks in advance! Keep us posted on your progress.
You're welcome. I think I have a somewhat high pain tolerance (2 kids, all natural, epidural) I also had a root canal 6 months ago and didn't take for that either. I think the lack of pain really is due to the great work of my ps though :) I'm so happy I chose him. I did silicone cohesive gel (gummy bear) it is more but if can it would definitely recommend them, lots of good reviews for them. Good luck with telling your mom...it's amazing home they can make us still feel like little kids LOL everything will go well. Keep in touch!! Thank you!
That was suppose to say NON epidural LOl
Dammit NO...autocorrect is so annoying at times! :)
LOL! Gotcha! And I did the same with both of my kids, too! So, hopefully, this won't be too bad. :-)
Yayyy congrats
Thank you!!
Hope your recovery goes good!! Can't wait to see your pics and how they are! Take it easy:)!
Thank you very much! I'm doing great I can't believe it! :) hope it's like thinks when I wake tomorrow morning.
Hope you are feeling better and that your surgery went super great! can't wait to hear how your recovering! :)
Thank you! I'm feeling much better considering Wednesday I felt like death. Fever, headache, bodyaches, throwing up. This morning I still had a sore that but when I woke up from surgery even that pain went away.