Dermaroller Effective for Upper Lip Wrinkles

I have been using a Derma-roller for about 12...

I have been using a Derma-roller for about 12 months. I use a 1.0mm length needle every other week for 4 weeks, then off for 2. I then restart the every other week schedule. I am fairly vigorous...rolling back and forth while pushing the roller into skin.

I have had about a 75% reduction in my upper lip wrinkles with this treatment. I had one long jagged line on the left side of upper lip that has now completely disappeared since my last session (last Tues.).

My goal is to start working on my neck wrinkles after my lip wrinkles are totally gone.

Does anyone else have a positive experience with removing wrinkles with the derma roller?

May 2013, I am still using a single needle on my...

May 2013, I am still using a single needle on my upper lip lines followed with an application of Retin-A and Vitamin C. The lines are now barely noticable. When I am done with the upper lips, which will be soon, I am going to see if I can reverse the sagging in my upper eye lids. I will keep you updated.

What I have found so far is that you must be patient...this is a slow process, but it will last for years once the collagen is built up. I have seen the best results in the areas that have been pricked deep enough to bleed, so use at least a 1mm. Don't space the treatments too close together. I do them 2 weeks apart x 6 times (approx.) then give my skin a rest for about 6-8 months or more (up to a year). Also remember that your wrinkles may appear worse before they start going away...I don't know why this is, but it has happened to me each time. Good luck and I will keep you updated...I would like to know about others experiences also please!!
Myself

I am a nurse who has knowledge of the skin and how it works with reguards to injury. This knowledge is helpful for performing this procedure with a derma-roller.

pictures? Why if the roller is so successful do you not post any pictures?
Did you take before and after pictures? I used the dermaroller on one side of stretch marks on my back and it works.
I just purchased 1.0 derma roller and I want to try but I am also using the tria age defying laser! Do you think I can use both?? I do the tria every day for 5 days with 2 days off for 12 weeks, my face will stay red for about 45 minutes after use!! Just not sure when to use the roller? Thank you
I never tried the tria. How do you like it? I don't think there would be a problem using it after needling but if it were me I'd give needling time to heal a bit before using the tria since your using 1.0 needles, it should take less than a week or a week to ten days if you roll hard to heal. They say suction is good after needling too. After you think your not sore from needling you can use the tria again for a few weeks since you wait at least a month to 6 weeks before you needle again so you have plenty of time to do both. Just my opinion. Needling inflames your skin a bit so that's the only reason I said I'd wait til you felt it was heal &can take the tria going over it since you said it makes you red a bit.
I am on my second week of the tria laser and I love it!! How long have you been derma rolling?? Did you start with a smaller needling system (0.5) at first and then go up to higher (1.0)? How often do you do it, once a week?? Do you notice a big difference in your collagen production?? Thanks
Well, I first heard of it a couple years ago so I bought one. A 1.0 since I was using it for scars. If I was just using it for creams & serums then I'd have gotten the smaller one. So I needled maybe once in a couple months but lightly, then I didn't use it for a while. Bit i kept reading up & felt like this was really only my safest option so I bought another one. This time I went hard after seeing youtube videos. I drew blood. I noticed a bit of a change in a few weeks. As good as my fraxel results were. So last week I did it again but I bought a MyM derma pen this time & used both the pen & roller then put cp on this time instead of vit c . I got some good scabs & their finally falling off. I had read that one guy on youtube used cp & he he got better results with the pen & cp. I was using Vit c & the roller before & now take a ton of skin vities that a guy on acne.org said to take. It looks better than just using the roller & vit c this time or maybe cause I went to town doing it.Check out this guy on youtube called wasimo. He's the one who said cp instead of vitc. Ashleyjames & perfectbeauty are good too. I think i'll look into the tria since you like it. Did you see a big change in 2 wks? What kind of change? I don't mind paying for something that works.
What is 'cp' Sats? Thanks :) PS I love needle rollering
Hey Carlacar, CP is Copper Peptides. Seemed to help me more than Vit c did which made me red & stung a bit & a little sticky. It was a little too irritating for me. Then you put MSM cream on for moisture & repair after using the cp. I love it too, I don't care for the scabs after tho since I roll pretty hard. But the pen is gentler & it can be changed from a size .05 to 2. And the needles are cheaper with the pen to buy instead of buying a new roller after about 4 to 8 uses. It cost me 28.00 for 20 new tips.
Cool - thanks Sats - I've been using Vit C w/ it & 'tolerate' the sting especially as I make it myself. Do you have a favourite copper peptide serum you use? And yes, I do like the pen a lot ;)
I was using Vit C & E & ferulic acid that I got on amazon then I bought a new roller from Banishacnescars.com that came with the roller & the vit c, e & ferulic acid. Then I bought my own vit c & glycerin to make it myself but I haven't yet since I'm using the cp. After rolling pretty hard my face has to heal a bit, the vit c makes me a little irritated. I bought Skin Biology copper peptides for around 22.00. Just got a little size to see if it works. You can get supercop2 if you think you can take it, I heard it's stronger so I didn't want to take a chance yet. Taking it slow & steady, I want to check out the tria. I just saw an ad on Tv for the hair remover one.
cool thnx
I definitely notice a different in my skin, it seems fuller and plump but it does dry it out. It is red after use so I know something is happening!! Let me know if you do get it! Thanks for your value info on rolling.
Hey KTA, I'm from Philly too. If you go on youtube.com & look up PerfectBeauty theres a girl who sells the dermaroller & or the dermastamp. It comes with vit c & a tub to sterilze your roller. She calls the kit " Banish acne scars". I just bought a roller from her because I needed a new one. You should change your rollers or needles after around 8 treatments because they can get dull & pull your skin & only roll your face with a 1.0 once every 4 to 6 weeks then put the vit c & a on. If you do it too much your destroying the collegen that builds up. You have to give it time to work. I've had 7 fraxel treatments for a lot of scars that i got from laser resurfacing surgery & needling seems to do just as good or better than the fraxel treatments. I still have a long way to go but no more lasers for me. I do it till I get pin point bleeding then I peel on the 3rd day or so. I also would like to try getting it done by a tattoo artist, a lot of people who do permanent make up do it & doctors call it CIT.
BTW......I also got my single needles, just recently, from the same place Pammy T did.***removed website address***
OMG.....I just can't imagine using a single needle for the eye area. Don't get me wrong.....I love the idea that it will work but I don't know if I could stand the pain. I guess this is when you would really need to use the numbing cream. I purchased single needles and I'm going to try it. I do roll the eye area and use the derma stamp there but I don't know if I have the patience for single needling. I'm also still trying to figure out which product to use afterwards as far as vitamin C, etc. I asked this question before, but does anyone know if the process will still work if you use nothing and only needle? Sometimes using the products make me break out. And I don't need a bunch of pimples and mila on top of the damn wrinkles!
Hi KTA, I have used infadolin from owndoc and it hasn't caused any breakouts or anything, it's a nice product however for me it holds the heat in so I've switched to myfawie a.c.e dermarolling oil and I like it a lot! I have read success stories from people who haven't used any products so perhaps that's a good way to go also? I'm not sure which is best:)
Do you think the single needle technique might work for for the eye area?
Well Renee - from what I've read the single needle does indeed work for the eye area. I wouldn't use it on a lid - thats a VERY thin skinned area. That said - I DO think a single needle technique under the eye in the orbital area underneath the eyeball & in the lower "fleshy" orbital area - works VERY well - at least this is what I've read. This "single needle technique" is what I am going to try on my own lower eye area. Having said that, I would also read up on what the best treatments are to follow a needle application up with. In other words - is it perhaps Vitamim C serum with a light moisture cream over it for daytime and then put your sunscreen over all that b4 going out into sunlight. Or - if u do it at night - then a nice thick collagen type based eye cream or simply some Retin A? Just telling u what I've read & how I'm going to do it - when I start. Im still looking into getting a Dermatology grade DermaPen instead of a roller - but I've heard it may not be worth the investment. Seems to depend on the DermaPen. Theyre several brands out there and they're usage can be severe & cause trouble if not utilized correctly - soooo - I'm still looking into options & havent started any manual needling procedures yet... either single needling or full roller needling. But regardless - they DO work - but extreme patience and LONG term commitment to the process is an absolute for it TO work. You may not see visible results for MONTHS!! Particularly micro-needling with single needle application under the eyes. I read one post that stated she kept at her tiny wrinkles around the mouth for close to TWO YEARS - but she said the results were fantastic! One nice thing about needling is that once the collagen has developed well and you keep up the routine every other week - its a nice long term solution. Its just "getting it there" thats the hardest part from what I've read. So best advice I can give to u Renee is stick to it & use correct serums like Vit.C & collagen in daytime - Retin A at night - & ALWAYS - ALWAYS - ALWAYS - a sunscreen in daytime - with at LEAST a 30 spf.... I could NEVER say enough about SUNSCREEN as *THE* long term answer to good skin care & slowing ageing WAAAAY down - esp. when used in conjuction with a correct strength Retin A & a daily gentle skin cleansing regime with a twice weekly gentle exfoliation...
Could you use the single needle method for your eyes?
When I'm done using my rollers I put water in an old cup and put a denture cleaning tablet in with water and let them soak overnight. Its not supposed to rust or corrode the needles. And its antibacterial since ppl use it to clean dentures they put in their mouth. I sometimes soak things in bleach for about ten minutes and then wash off with warm water. Bleach is supposed to kill EVERYTHING! But it may rust the needles if you soak them too long.
Hi Chelseapadget - I've asked a few people where to get the SINGLE NEEDLE derma roller & also HOW do you use it for the upper lip lines exactly? I've been using the regular one on my face & love it but the upper lip I'm still bamboozled at. Thanks :)
I will have to research to find the single needle again, but basically I ordered some tatoo needles (single) on Ebay. As far as how I use it...I poke just the lines on my upper lip to the point where they are bleeding just a little. I also poke both sides of the individual wrinkles.
Ok thanks chelseapadget - I've been looking under 'single needle dermaroller' & have located nothing. I'll try the tattoo route. I've used the edge of a roller up to this point but it's a bit difficult to be precise. If you do locate your link I'd love to know. Thanks & so glad it's working!
Thanks 4 your review here Nurse Chelsea!! I am going straight 2 ebay right now & following your example! =D Ps - ...tattoo needles - thats GR8! xD Leave it to a nurse to come up with THAT one! xD Im a nurse too - we ARE "resourceful" aren't we?? >;}
Also - I was just wondering - nurse to nurse here... Do u think the tattoo needles we can get on ebay are guaranteed sterile? Do u think we should pull thee one we will use, out of the packaging and sterilize the needle just to be sure?? If so, how do u suggest we sterilize it at home? Just a good ol' fashioned hour long soak in 90% rubbing alcohol? There are ppl who may want to do the old pressure cooker method (see youtube) - but that seems a bit extreme to me if you do a good soak with your needles and practice sound principals of good basic hygiene.... =) So what do you think?? & THANK YOU again for your help & input on this subject!! Cant WAIT to get started!! :D