Dermaroller Effective for Upper Lip Wrinkles

I have been using a Derma-roller for about 12...

I have been using a Derma-roller for about 12 months. I use a 1.0mm length needle every other week for 4 weeks, then off for 2. I then restart the every other week schedule. I am fairly vigorous...rolling back and forth while pushing the roller into skin.

I have had about a 75% reduction in my upper lip wrinkles with this treatment. I had one long jagged line on the left side of upper lip that has now completely disappeared since my last session (last Tues.).

My goal is to start working on my neck wrinkles after my lip wrinkles are totally gone.

Does anyone else have a positive experience with removing wrinkles with the derma roller?

Hey I just bought one and have used it once on some stretch marks on my stomach. I got a 1.5 mm. I thought I'd try it out there first before using on my face! It really didn't hurt at all but made the area red for awhile. Does it make your face red and inflamed at all? Can you wear makeup afterwards?
Yes, it does make my face red for about 3 days before it fades completely away. You shouldn't wear any makeup for 24 hours after you roll. Hope this helps!! Good luck.
Hi chelseapadget: I have smoker lines and I am tired of getting filler that only last 2 months. I have been thinking about getting the derma roller for a while now. I don't know who to purchase it from, plus, what are the instructions with the after care, etc. using creams and such? Any info would be helpful. Thank you so much and I'm so glad this is helping you and there is something out there that could really help with this. I'm not even a smoker!

May 2013, I am still using a single needle on my...

May 2013, I am still using a single needle on my upper lip lines followed with an application of Retin-A and Vitamin C. The lines are now barely noticable. When I am done with the upper lips, which will be soon, I am going to see if I can reverse the sagging in my upper eye lids. I will keep you updated.

What I have found so far is that you must be patient...this is a slow process, but it will last for years once the collagen is built up. I have seen the best results in the areas that have been pricked deep enough to bleed, so use at least a 1mm. Don't space the treatments too close together. I do them 2 weeks apart x 6 times (approx.) then give my skin a rest for about 6-8 months or more (up to a year). Also remember that your wrinkles may appear worse before they start going away...I don't know why this is, but it has happened to me each time. Good luck and I will keep you updated...I would like to know about others experiences also please!!
Hello!!! I would like to have any kind of feedback of those of you that have already tried the route of tattoo single needles. Do they make the work? How can you control the depth of the puncture? Any comment on that matter will be highly appreciated! Thanks very much!!!!
pictures? Why if the roller is so successful do you not post any pictures?
Did you take before and after pictures? I used the dermaroller on one side of stretch marks on my back and it works.
Myself

I am a nurse who has knowledge of the skin and how it works with reguards to injury. This knowledge is helpful for performing this procedure with a derma-roller.