Home TCA Peel

Okay...so I thought peels were pretty expensive...

Okay...so I thought peels were pretty expensive and wanted to save a few bucks...I have deep furrows in my neck that have been there for years and was planning also to try to tighten my facial pores and remove a couple for acne scars...overall more youthful looking skin was my goal. I am a 38 year old smoker, and my skin is not too bad really...after this experience I won't complain about it again.

I applied a high concentration of TCA to my neck wrinkles (first stupid mistake)..it burnt like hell...I washed the solution off within 45 seconds..

After my experience, I would probably be more likely to go to a professional next time...and none of my comments should be taken as encouragement for you to try this at home.

Pros...not many! Cheaper and can apply at home.

Cons...Directions received from the seller were APPALLING. No real detail. DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST...DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP IN YOUR VANITY AND ENTHUSIASM LIKE I DID AND COMPLETELY FORGET TO DO NET RESEARCH BEFORE STARTING.

You need to know how to apply, ie feathering...PLEASE do your homework first. Be aware that your skin WILL look terrible for DAYS, my throat looked like it had been cut. DO NOT PICK, not ever..this can cause scarring and believe me it can get itchy.

Because this was a home peel and I didn't do my own homework (!) I feel that a professional can educate you more . You feel like a fool if, like me, you have to visit your GP to get special cream to help with the burns...however, dint let this stop you...get there sooner and get it sorted rather than later and have complications.

After my experience, I would not personally attempt this kind of aggressive acid peel anywhere near my face. I would most defiantly go to a professional next time.

I am currently at day 6 and because I have been using the Silverdene cream from my Dr...I feel that the redness and soreness is subsiding substantially...I am not sure what the final results will look like yet I am hoping good, however, I am anxious that I could have scarred myself because I was an imbecile and didn't educate myself thoroughly.

I know some people have done this successfully for themselves, but not me, so if you're looking for some advice...save your money, its not as expensive as you may think and go get it done by a professional. My leftover TCA.....in the garbage.

was applied by myself.

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.