Go Away Dark Spots!!

My motivation behind the chemical peel was to get...

My motivation behind the chemical peel was to get a more even tone skin.. this is yet to be seen I have had a chemical peel before a couple years ago..it was great I decide to do at home to you because I don't want to spend so much money.. I ordered from skin obsession I received a 40 percent glycolic peel there was stinging during application. whis is normal..and the day after is just a little itching..that's about it I don't see anything yet maybe by the weekend I'll see some skin peeling.. If I don't then I'll try it one more time and then after that I'll get a 20 percent TCA
myself

Be careful. I had a Jessners by a beautician , only 1 layer but now have significant hyperpigmentation all over 1 week later that I am stuck with for at least 8 weeks. It isn't worth it..
TCAs are very agreesive and the strongest of all peels. So, I personally would dive directly into doing a 20% TCA. It's not the best idea for indivials w/ darker skin tones (...like...African-Americans/Black races, Latinos, Indians, and some Asian skin tones), because if you're not careful it could cause hyper-pigmentation and even scaring. I recommend you rather start at a lower percent by performing a 12.5 % or 15% TCA. Newbies...are generally recommended to start at 8% or 12%. When I did my first at-home TCA I chose the 12.5%...then, I performed a 15% and layered it. My face did not frost at 12.5% and some acne scars dimenished. However, the 15% was very aggressive for my skin especially since I layered it for five minutes per layer. And, to be honest, I should have only layered it for 3-4 minutes, because I frosted really bad in the sensitive areas of my face which left light scaring for a few days...and I don't mean dead skin. The skin eventually peeled off and left light patches where my skin was more sensitive. So, I had to then fix that issue. I was successful, but it extended my healing process by an extra two or three days.
Sorry, for all the misspellings. I didn't review my message until after I posted. But, at any rate, I don't think it's a very good idea to dive directly into performing a 20% TCA peel. Be patient and start lower. Best...Dee (;
And, the absolute highest that I recommend for your skin tone is a 18%, BUT you must start much lower. Please don't do a 18% as your first TCA peel. Again, try starting at a 12.5% then 15%...and finally at 18% (if you find that your skin can tolerate it w/out complications). It wouldn't even be too bad to start at the intermediate stage a 15%, but don't layer it as I did. It might be too much for your skin. You want to see how your skin reacts to it first...so that you can make adjustments as you see fit for your skin type. A 15% should definitely provide you w/ some form of results. If you do the 20% you'll surly be looking like a burn victim. Check out the YouTube for MyInvisibleChrysalis. She did a 18% TCA peel as a first peel and it took her a month to recover! Her skin was completely flesh white! Just be careful w/ TCAs. Start low Hun.
With your skin type you need to be really careful because you are prone to hyperpigmentation. Typically with TCA you add a prescription strength Retinol acid to get the desired results with peeling. However for skin types IV-VI you need to prep your skin with a product that inhibits the production of color. I recommend going to a professional otherwise you may spend more money reversing the damage that can be caused. An even skin tone requires treatments and products. Physician dispensed products are best. Good luck - Medical Esthetician
Btw, the brand I used is Platinum Skin Care. I use a lot of there products incuding a fade serum. Great company!
I would first consider doing a Lactic Acid peel first. Then, after that heals start with 12 or 15% TCA only. Trust me, 20% is way too strong for you. I am very pale and wanted to get rid of wrinkles plus get rid of some freckles and even my skin tone. I have had 3 phenol peels just under my eyes starting when I was 32. Then this past October I did another pheel peel under my eyes and the doctor expanded the area with 30% TCA around that area.......the outcome was great. Then in November I did my own peel on my entire face at home with 12% TCA only 2 layers. Then a few weeks later I did my whole face again but did about 5 layers of the 12%. I did it this way so that I had control of the peel. I must say, my face looks awesome! I have no wrinkles, no freckles, no sun spots or dark spots. My face is even toned and flawless. Btw, I am 46.
Thank you for starting your review on this peel.  Keep the details coming as you go.  Also consider posting the before and after pictures for us.