CO2 Laser Done to Help with Sun Damage, Freckles and Fine Lines - Hollywood, FL

I will be updating with pictures. I am a pretty...

I will be updating with pictures. I am a pretty well preserved 44 (thank you Botox and Restylane) Day 1 - I was extremely nervous to have this done after having been on here and reading about the recovery process. I did not use any type of valium or pain pills like I've read some have. I put my numbing cream on at home and showed up at my appointment time. The procedure itself felt similar to laser hair removal...it's didn't really hurt horribly but was a little uncomfortable and some areas of the face were more sensitive that other areas. After the procedure my face was incredibly hot for about an hour. I was, like everyone else, very red. I went home with RX for minocycline (which I already had because 2 wks prior it was given to me for a chin breakout) and was also given an RX for Valtrex. My post op instructions were to put aquaphor on my face every couple of hours and to use cold packs on my face. No vinegar soaks. I was given a gentle cleanser that I was told to use in the morning and at night. I was fine that night and not in any pain at all.

Day 2 - I woke up very swollen. More so around my eyes. I iced and was fine. Still red but I didn't look as bad as I thought I would

Day 3 - Similar to day 2 but now my face felt like sand paper and looked more brown

Day 4 - A lot of brown crusty looking skin. My face was itchy but not it was not unbearable. I actually took 2 boys to a movie....XMen (sick of superhero movies but hey are 5 and 8 so that's what they like). I was self conscious but mainly because my face is so shiny with the all the aquaphor. Oh and my hair....super greasy from the aquaphor! I used a clarifying shampoo that morning and washed it 4 times and still have aquaphor in it.

Day 5 - That's today! Cleansed my face and it looks so much better. Much of the brown flaky skin came off and I'm starting to see the results underneath. So far I am very pleased! I have always had freckles even as a kid so I'm not expecting a miracle but already I can see that many of them are gone. 8 yrs ago I moved to S. FL and while I am pretty diligent about protecting myself in the sun I still noticed that there were more freckles on my face. I also think I see a difference in the fine lines but I'm not sure yet. I didn't really have many to begin with. I've been a regular with the Botox since the age of 36 and started with the filler at 40. I will continue to update and add pictures. So far I'm leaning more and more towards saying this is completely worth it!
Minars Dermatology

State of the art facility. Very clean and professional. Friendly staff. My doctor was Dr. Bluymin and she was very patient and answered all my questions. Like I said in my review I was extremely nervous...Dr. Bluymin went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable.

Glad everything went well, thank you for sharing! Will you need to have any other treatments, or just the one?