Co2 Smartxide Laser - Hollywood, CA

Honestly I use to have flawless skin, full,...

Honestly I use to have flawless skin, full, radiant looking. And then one day my derm subscribed me retin a and ruined my face; it's been 7 years since it. I had co2 laser and there's been pros and cons. Pros skin complexion looks a bit better, bad is that it left me with laser marks. My practioner told me that it'll heal. Still waiting on that. Gave me some hyperpigmentation too. I'm just sick of all these stupid treatments and what not to make my skin look somewhat normal again. Note to self either use accutane or natural products. All this chemical and procedure stuff is a gamble. Wish you could turn back the clock because damn I used to be super handsome looking. Now my face looks like a freak accident. All my confidence diminished. I'll update you on the co2. Who knows maybe it'll get better, but after one session I'm not really fond of the results. I'm Indian skin too btw

26 Year Old Indian Skin Smartxide Laser Co2

This by far was the worst investment in my whole life! Never ever do this stupid procedure you'll be regretting it for life. Day by day I wish I could go back to the way I looked. My skin was bad but I was tolerant of it and now I don't look at the mirror anymore. I have hypopigmented laser marks, hyperpigmentation, small cysts, grid marks, indented scars, bad breakouts I never had before, old pruney looking skin, and can't go in the sun. My so called "physician" said I'm a good candidate. He's a well known surgeon in la and has treated African American patients too. I'm just a complete mess and did this was a birthday present for myself to treat some enlarged pores and minor very minor scarring. I'm a hideous mess now and haven't seen friends in so long. I'm mr excuse now. Whatever you do people do it naturally not with lasers. I had a board certified derm do it and screwed me over. I haven't brothers and cousins wedding coming up and don't know what to do. If anyone has some solutions I'm all ears please. I'm hating life so much right now
Dr. Alex Martin

Awesome very knowledgeable and nice doctor, but I feel like in end its whatever it takes for you to give them your money. Btw it's the wrong doctor it's suppose to be dr Alex Martin of metro md in California

Hi everyone. There is a post on realself about a girl who recovered from her laser damage naturally. She had orange peel skin and dryness. She used raw honey on her face and some sort of oil. I think emu oil. I hear jojoba oil is good too. Stay away from chemicals.... drink water water water.
I've been using emu oil and refissa it's been helping. I might get dermapen down the road tho
It was retin a damage not laser damage. Not the same thing unfortunately.
That's great!!! Did you have laser holes or just texture problems?
Honestly I had baddd retin a damage . And I got laser to treat it but it made things worse. And now I'm using refissa and emu oil. Refissa is a loser dose of retin a I know weird huh? But honestly it's been helping. And lots of water too
Look into prp for the face.
I'm in the same boat as you and I don't even know if NY damage is laser related. I had one yag session on ONLY my nose for a few broken caps. Had a few scabs that fell off soon after. Then 2 months later my skin went conoletrky dry...bumps on cheeks enlarged pores...no idea how laser could spread...I'm so devastated am quitting my job next week have completely withdrawn from life
What skin type are you? I'll be hones with you I've been stressing a lot and don't even sleep at night, but I'm starting to tell myself this will only make things worst and I can't be like this. Best thing is to be gentle with your skin. I was going to say what skin type are you? And what type of routine were you on after your yag?
I completely understand how you feel I was very outgoing lots of friends jut got a great job a few months back... I've been so distraught and depressed that I went to a doctor who gave me a week of of work just because of how upset I am. I tried to tell my family I believe it's laser related and they don't believe me.... I am medium skinned toned.. I'm white... I called the office when my damage starte p show she said that could never happen and she even had the settings lower because I had a tanned skin type... When did your damage start to show up?? I was use an extremely gentle skin care routine.. Dr hauschka products.. Now I ordered psoria gold sensitive. Because I'm scared to death that this is laser damage... I also use emu oil... I am so beside myself I won't even get out of bed most of the time... I'm only 26 I can't go on much longer than this
Damn I'm sorry to hear that. I too am only 26..I've just learned that it's better to leave things the way they are instead of trying to treat it. Trust me I'm in that same boat and only recently started accepting the damage. I'm pretty ticked and went to the doctor and he said "laser doesn't cause this" which is complete bs. I've been researching laser for months and honestly never came across this forum. Who wouldve ever thought? I started to use honey and emu oil. I feel like the honey is helping a bit and the emu oil hopefully will work it's miracles too. My face will never be back to what it was but I'm doing my best to improve it..just know I was hitting myself in the head a bit to is this really real? Or is it a bad dream? I hope things get better and surprised it happened esp you're lighter skin.
did u notice fat loss in the cheeks as well?
Yup that and all of the above symptoms anyone could ever have. Fat loss, grid marks, indentions, hypopigmentation, hyperpigmentation, scarring from new pimples (never had this before), my scarring before would be very very minor and not oxidize into a black scar, dehydrated skin, dead looking complexion, wrinkles, imflammation skin burns a lot. And now I gta be extra careful. I had enlarged pores and what not before that wasn't bad. I'd turn red at times n wash my face it'd go down. But now I'm a freak show and I'm only 26. I've aged 20 years no joke. I look and feel like crap
Hi! Kamngetit! I'm so sorry it happened to you, but this may help. I'm Asian and using this product that my people call holly water. It's a water like serum call SK II essence! You can purchase it at sephora or Nordtrom, splash some on your hand and rub in your face, after that use this medicated cream make from japan call Sekkisei! Put a generous amount in your face , this is also A product from Kose a Japan company using acient Asian medicinal. I also had laser done, and this sk II water calm my skin down,balance it and the cream added moisture and take hyperpigmention away. You can get this cream at Neobeauty.com. Praying this will help you big time!!!
My my biggest concern is the laser marks, bigger pores, and orange peel issues.. Will this help with that? Because I'm getting ten different treatment regimes and unsure what to use . Trying to be natural I'm scared of using any more chemicals on my face :(
The SK II essence is support to help with the orange peel skin, and big pore plus speed up your skin recovery! It's make from some special tea in japan through a fermented process that it kind of smell at first when you first put on. The workers who work in that tea fermented factory known to have beautiful smooth hand since it came to contact with this tea leave a lot ! It's kind of expensive too , and you have be patient to keep using it!
Honestly I really thank you for responding it means a lot to me but I don't know if this will help. Plus it's super expensive and I feel like it might irritate my skin more. I don't know but could I send some photos of my skin to you ? I want to give you an idea of what im dealing with
Haven't heard from any of you in a while was wondering of you guys had any updates because I sure don't know what to do anymore :/
Sorry ! I have not check in with this post lately! Send me pictures if you want but I could imagine how they look like when you described it! It a long process for the skin to come back to normal so hang in there, beauty is just skin deep so if you stress about it, it's will give you a lot health problem later on! Believe me I been through that!
No I know but it's so hard not to stress. How long do you think it'll take? I'm three months post and feel like it's only worsening
I've read a lot of your comments desperately seeking a solution to your laser damage. I really feel for you. I can hear the desperation in your posts and it breaks my heart. I have a few recommendations for you. Figure out a way to be patient. I have been in these boards a long time and have yet to hear about anyone waking up a few months out and having a big improvement. The closest I've read was the honey and emu oil solution, frenchy who healed after about 9 months but is still not back to normal and the guy who healed with accutane after several years. So it's going to be a while. Hang in there but also try to learn some sort of self acceptance. Things have gotten a bit better for me but it took over 8 months and it still looks pretty bad to tell you the truth. I can cover it a little with make up. I use gentle skin care products and have tried lots of different ones but nothing has reversed the damage. My skin looks better if I keep it from getting congested to I use clay masks weekly to keep my pores clear. Everyone's skin is different. Keep experimenting until you find the products that work for you best. Good luck and try to remain calm.
Thanks for your response this realself site has given me some hope honestly. I'm just so baffled by how such a thin could happen. I wish I came across real self before treatment. I have been researching co2 for some time now and I thought itd be ok, but after having it done I hate it. I've been doing the honey method but ben breaking out more. And would you recommend emu oil? I'm ready to try new things but experimenting with your face just sucks :(. Also did you go back to your doctor?
I tried the emu oil from Jan-April every night cleaning with honey. It did help moisturize. I don't need that much miniaturization now that the heat isn't blasting. I can't say if it helped but it didn't hurt. It did increase facial hair a bit but you're a guy so not a prob. I went back to the doc who did it. He denied and says it would heal in 6 months. I went to two other docs. One said there was nothing he could do, the other gave me glycolic acid which I had a bad reaction to. I'm going to try a patch test of retinol. If I don't react baddly after 3 months I'll try it on my damaged area.
Moisture not miniaturization lol
Damn I just hate you going thru this whole trial and error stuff. It's really unfortunate and I'm truly sorry. I'm just sick to death and stressed because my brothers wedding is around the corner. My life is just wasting on by. And what type of emu oil did you use?
Thunder ridge but it had a weird gritty aspect to it so I recommend trying another brand. Some say "100% pure" I think that's what you want to look for. Try not to stress about the wedding. Pictures don't show damage and neither does indoor lighting I've found. Mine is more visible closer to my face but at "social distance"it's less noticeable. Using a good thick moisturizer like cerave sort of smooths the damage out a bit so it's not so noticeable. Keep busy and try not to think about it too much. Knowing I had to see people was hard in the beginning but it's getting better.