Sculptra -Hinsdale, IL

I had about 5 sessions of Sculptra done in ...

I had about 5 sessions of Sculptra done in 2012-2013 by two doctors and I am mostly satisfied. It has been about 18 months since my first injection and I developed no nodules at all even in areas with thin skin. Dr Kopovolic is really nice and does a great job. He injects superficially with virtually no bruising which is very important for me because I want to keep it discreet.
It significantly plumped up my face but the results don't last as long as they advertise. I am currently in school and can't afford to maintain so I already can see the results diminishing 7 months after my last injection :( I am thinking of fat transfer as a more lasting solution in future.

Sculptra results

I actually, did get good results (my face now looks much better than on the original picture here ) . It just doesn't last as long as I wished. I must have atleast 2 vials per year to maintain so I am looking into alternatives that might be more cost effective in a long term

my first sculptra issues

My last sculptra injection In may 2015 didn't go too well. I had hard bumps 2 months after injection but likely i was able to massage them away.I also have these weird very painful bumps popping out occasionally. They feel like deep closed zits but they do go away in few days. I know these bumps are related to sculptra because i never had them before. The biggest issue is that one of veins on my lateral forehead is enlarged. It stiffened and looks really gross! I am trying to massage it without much luck. Cosmetic concern is bothering me but what bothers me even more is other possible serious consequences of this hardening/stiffening. I don't know vascular anatomy of the face but based on my research this vein drains deoxygenated blood from brain. I am worried about possible back flow to the brain... Bottom line: I will probably keep injecting deep under checks (love the pluming) but NEVER into temples, forehead, under eyes.

hardened veins