For Me....bonus of Less Stress Headeaches - Hinsdale, IL

I'm 39 and started going to a local dermatologist...

I'm 39 and started going to a local dermatologist for "fight 40." Among other things, she suggested botox for my forehead wrinkles. I finally caved in April of this year. It was only intend for cosmetic purposes..obviously, but I had read that it may help headaches. Also to clarify, I get tension headaches all the time and a true migraine about once a year. I like the results of cosmetic botox, truly it is an art and if someone does not know what they are doing the results look so plastic to me. At any rate, I noticed right away that my headaches decreased by maybe~80%. The proof was really in the pudding when my headaches came right back shortly before the 3 month mark. Almost as soon as I got my second round of botox, the headaches went away again. I am considering talking to my general practitioner about this, however, my concerns are: I have never asked her about my headaches previous to this, and I don't have faith that if she does inject my forehead or other areas that she will do an artistic job to both a medically and cosmetically. For now, I will just continue to use botox cosmetically and see if the abatement of headaches continues. An after thought, I am not in the medical field, but my husband is, so I really try tied to quantify my experience and also look at it realistically. I was pleasantly surprised by this product.
Chicago Dermatologist

How wonderful that you feel you are getting relief from your headaches on top of the cosmetic benefits! I'm a frequent headache sufferer as well, so you have my absolute sympathy with that.

You mentioned you get it in your forehead, do you also get injections between your eyebrows, or anywhere else?