Smart Lipo Tomorrow and Friday - Highlands Ranch, CO

I am 42, 5'5' and 135#. I have never had a...

I am 42, 5'5' and 135#. I have never had a flat tummy and have weighed up to 180#. I have lost weight and maintained it for the last 2 years. I workout, eat heathy and I just can not get rid of this belly! I am schedualed to have lipo on my flanks tomorrow and then abs on friday. I am really excited and really scared. I just hope this gives me the results Im looking for. I would love any advice that may improve my results or a speedy recovery. The doctor is going to put in drains and I have never heard of this. I guesse we will see if it is better. These are my before pics I took last night.

March 6th. Today I got my flanks done today. It...

March 6th. Today I got my flanks done today. It went really smoothly. I did throw up the vicodin. The pain is pretty mild. I had a valium, vicodin. As of right now on day 1 Im pleased Im not in to much pain. Im going to take a shower tonight and I will post pictures then. Friday I go to get my abs done and Im worried because I cant take pain killers.

Today is a bit worse. It is very hard to get into...

Today is a bit worse. It is very hard to get into a comfortable position and I am still draining and leaking. I have to say it looks alot better today. The swelling and bruising have dramaticly improved. I have heard of others kind of re-bounding and swelling up later. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I am 3 days out from having my abs done. Still...

I am 3 days out from having my abs done. Still pretty sore. I feel stiff, like my stomach is tight. I was wondering if anyone has had lymphatic massage and if it helped? I am to wear my compression suit for 2 weeks and am also wondering how long you all wore it. I will post pics soon.

Today I am 1 week out of my flanks and 5 days out...

Today I am 1 week out of my flanks and 5 days out of my abs. I am swollen and I still feel numb. The lower part of my stomache is very bruised and swollen. I hope it goes down. Im not very patient and Im concerned that I am not healing. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have included a few pics.

I am a little more then 3 weeks out. I have been...

I am a little more then 3 weeks out. I have been getting massage and I think it has really helped. Im trying not to be impatient but I really look forward to the end results. I have posted some pics that I took on friday. 3 weeks from my surgery. Im still wearing the compression garmet and Im wondering how long every one else wore theirs?
Dr. Verebelyi,MD

Its too soon to rate some of the questions. I will know after my second on abs friday. Not too impressed with the follow up.

Your pictures on RealSelf look great! I have a stomach that looks very similar to yours and I'm having lipo in two days! The Dr. told me that it would probably shrink up like yours, but there's a chance that it won't and then I could just have the extra skin removed. Did you continue to see improvement?
I am told I need to wear the compression garment for 6 weeks. Today is my Day 4 post op. Did you hangover get better or go away? I have hanging skin too and very concerned.
I can't believe the improvement. You look great! My procedure is 6/27/2012, I hope I look as good as you do afterwards.
How long do u think u think it took before u really started to see results??? I had mine done 4/5/12 & im kindof upset that im not seeing much different then the day i went in for smart lipo. I know im still really swollen....thanks
Your results came out great!.. i had my procedure done last fri. seeing your results makes me feel much better. Im having second thoughts in going back for my second procedure though. which they would be doing the bottom of my bra area. the doctor was great but i did feel a little pain and i'm kind of scared! I had really bad pain right after the procedure as soon as i got in the car. I quickly went to get my pain med. the pain lasted about an hour an a half and i couldnt eat for the rest of the day. i only ate crackers. im hoping i get good results!
Mandy- Im glad I helped you. thenewmrsj- I did not feel any pain during, however after was pretty tough. Good luck. AB- Thank you. Its nice to hear of others feeling the way I do!
You look great!!!! I still havent decided if I should get smart lipo because of the horror story about having pain during the procedure. However after seeing how much you've come down it makes me want to go and get done right now!
I will post pics tomorrow of before
U look awesome....your pics and updates inspired me to go ahead and have the smart lipo. Im having mine done on the 5th and im scared to death....Thank you
I wore mine for 6 weeks. It just felt better and like my muscles and skin were secure. I was miserable with it off for too long.
Hismotivation- thank you. I have to keep looking at the after pictures to convince myself I am looking better. A.B.- Under the advice of my doctor I took the garmet off and did not sleep aty all last night. I am going to put it back on. Im worried I am becoming depedent on it. It hurts if I dont wear it. Anyone else have this problem?
Yep you are supposed to wear it for 3 to 4 weeks my dr told me, and it does hurt when you have it off everything feels like its pulling down !
Hi D. Your results look good for not having a tummy tuck. I had a TT in 2002 and gained some weight back over the past 10 years. I recently had vaser lipo, which is not quite the same, but lipo nonetheless. I also barfed up the vicodin, it needs to be taken with food, even half a sandwich. Anyway, just wear your compression garment for as long as you can stand it. At least a month. The more you compress and keep the area tight, the better the outcome. Just dont overtighten the garment thinking you are doing a good thing, too tight will cause fat or fluid to go elsewhere, like if you squeeze a water balloon too tight, the top will bulge out. I also had hard lumps here and there, which went away with lymphatic massage. I was able to do it myself in the shower with soapy hands and just pressed and massaged out the hard lumps. Not fun, but it worked. I also have what I believe is an uneven result, it looks better contoured on one side vs the other, but that is probably something only I notice and nobody else does. I would do vaser or smart lipo again if necessary, I hope to avoid it - but getting older and Father Time sure is a bitch...
It looks great. Im definitely doing smartlipo instead of tummy tuck. I was very worried about having loose skin, but IRS tighten up great. Thank u for posting more pictures. U made my decision official...glad ur doing well. I get mt boobs in June and I'm doing the lipo in fall....yeeeeaaaaa...
Had smart lipo on my flanks 4 days ago on my right side looks like a big dent right at the waist,but its not on the left side has any body expierenced anything like that and will it smooth out HMMMM !
I am a stay at home mom. I was in significant pain for about a week. Glad I didnt have to go to work!
I hope it's an easy recovery for me. I was going to have the smartlipo and breast implants done June 26th because I am off work for 11 days. If I do the TT, I think i will have to be out of work longer, so I may have to put it off for a while. I only get an allotted amount of vacation, and I have 2 babies and a 20 year old who is expecting a baby, so I have to save my time for emergencies.I don't want to be selfish and use my vacation from work for the procedure and not have it to use to be with them....ugggg...decisions, decisions, decisions....lol
I can see the improvement. It looks good. I have done consultations about smart lipo. I have another one with my PS on the 30 th. I'm going to discuss my options with a TT with him then. Glad you are recovering well. How long did it take for you to return to work?
I would say if you have the $ and the time for recovery I would to the TT. I figured some loose skin would be better the the big belly I have been dealing with.I really wont know how much tightening I get until all the swelling goes down.
I am hoping the skin will tighten. I had alot to begin with. He did say he has a friend who can remove the skin and stich me up for 1000. I may have to go down that road. I will be 2 weeks on friday and still really swollen. I will post new pics then. Thanks!
I was considering the smart lipo and I have some loose skin, so that had me thinking of doing a tummy tuck instead. Can you tell if any tightening has started. I would hate to waste money on sn
Mart lio and end up having to do a TT to get the results I want.
Hey. Glad you are healing well. I'm considering smart lipo too. Did your PS say he can tighten the skin? There is a great difference with your stomach. It's looks good? Happy healing...
Thank you!! I need to hear that! Are you getting charged for the touch up?
Like most doctors, his work is free but I have to cover "costs" I guess you can say... I talk to him tomorrow about pricing, I'm not going to spend more than what I think my touch up should cost though which is to me, max $200!