Revision of a Blepharoplasty - Highlands, NC

I am very pleased with what Dr. Buchanan did to...

I am very pleased with what Dr. Buchanan did to restore my vision. My vision was obliterated because of excess skin. I had another surgeon who had removed the cataract but the eyelid was not as it should have been. I had been to see him for injectables , as well as a cancerous melanoma which he removed. I trust him fully.
Dr. Buchanan successfully treated my eyelid that had become infected with MRSA after being neglected by another surgeon who performed my eyelift 2 months earlier. He is a caring doctor who makes you feel like you are his only patient! I will have him make the necessary revisions needed because of the sloppy after care I received after the initial surgery.
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about your doctor.

I would love to add your experience to the Eyelid Surgery community, but it would be helpful if you could provide some more detail about your experience with your procedure/treatment. I suggest adding before and after photos - optional of course, so that other community members can use your review as a guide throughout their journey.

Ready to add an update now? Click here to add more detail to your review to be part of the Eyelid Surgery community today.
Dr. Dan DeLoach performed an eyelift for me on February 24, 2014 in Savannah, Georgia. The right lid never healed properly, so I returned to his office many times because of redness, swelling, itching, and failure of the wound to close. He told me it looked like an allergy and to massage the lids with Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion. It became more inflamed, so I called for an appointment two days later and was seen by an associate, Dr. Vann. He assured me it was an inflammation and I did not need antibiotics. The next day, I saw Dr. DeLoach again, and he told me to leave everything off except artificial tears. I called again the next afternoon, which was a Friday, and was told Dr. Barbara Davies was calling in Tobradex eye drops, but no oral antibiotics even though I reported pus had started oozing from the open incision area. The following Monday, Dr. DeLoach took a quick look at the scabbed area, told me to leave it alone and to return in three weeks. The only reason it looked better was I had put myself on Doxycycline that my internist had prescribed as a travel pack. I only had one round to take, which was not enough. I told Dr. DeLoach I took it and he said at least it wouldn't hurt! We left that week for our home in Highlands and thankfully when it took a turn for the worse, Dr. Buchanan took over. I saw him at least 6 times over the next two weeks, he kept the wound open, gave me strong antibiotics, drops and salve to use, had the infection cultured, checked for sensitivity, and discovered it was MRSA! Thank God he took an aggressive approach or I could be blind or even dead! The infection had bored into the orbital area at least an inch. Now I have two granulomas and webbing that will need correction, and you can be assured Dr. Buchanan will be the one to do it!
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

He is a great communicator. He takes his time with you as he sits in a chair and makes you feel comfortable to talk to you. He is very personable.