Injectibles Under Eyes Left Me with Malar Bags / Festoons - Highland Park, NJ

A few years back, I went to The Glasgold Group for...

A few years back, I went to The Glasgold Group for injectables to fill in my tear troughs (eye hollows) Dr. Glasgold assured me it would work well, and he injected me with a good deal of filler as he said my eye hollows "were pretty bad." I figured it's just filler, what could go wrong? Within two days, my tear troughs became fluid filled and baggy. I called and left messages but they assured me this was normal. And so it was. The puffiness cleared up after a week or two. It looked great for a few months and then....my tear troughs had somehow inverted, becoming something new, bulging and terrible. You see, it is my understanding that if an unskilled person does injectables incorrectly, they can actually cause severe damage to the delicate under eye area and CAUSE Malar bags or Festoons. So yes, my eye hollows turned into Malar Bags due to the damage of his injections. I now understand this was caused by the injectables and the injector. The damage was so bad in fact, I needed to get corrective surgery by another surgeon to fix what he did. And even at that, they are not totally gone. I am sure I will need further surgery as I now know they are almost impossible to get rid of. I never had them. Glasgold GAVE them too me. I had an eye hollow. I was given two puffy wrinkled bags midway down my cheek.

I really should have known better. Dr. Glasgold also did my simple ear lobe revision (I had a rip from an earring) before he injected my tear troughs and that didn't exactly turn out so well either. It's kind of butchered. Oh well. I guess it's live and learn.

If you wish to see my before pictures, feel free. You can clearly see the Malar Bags/Festoons before the new doctor revised them. You can also Google him and read some reviews of similar disasters.
Highland Park Facial Plastic Surgeon

Over-rated and caused damage that required revisions.

Sorry to hear that. Can you send me some before and after picture. Thank you.

Thanks for sharing, I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of this.  As someone who had big, puffy eye bags I can completely understand your disappointment with having to deal with and ultimately remove them.  How long ago did you have the bags removed?

9 weeks ago, along with other things. The bags are about 70% gone- which is a definite improvement but, is still disappointing. If I had never gotten the injectables there, this would have been far easier to repair...

Be patient with your post-op for the bags, I still had bags 9 weeks out.  It will take about 6 months before you really start to see the results.