Great Treatment - Highland Park, IL

I am 40, very fair, delicate complexion (green...

I am 40, very fair, delicate complexion (green eyes, lt brwn hair). Though I have never sunbathed in my life, I had sun damage just from being outside in general (I have since learned never to leave the house without 50 SPF on my face... world of difference!). I am very prone to broken blood vessels, redness and freckles. Before I began treatment, I would cry when I looked in the mirror. First thing I would do in the AM is put on foundation because I did not want my husband to notice my ugly skin.

The treatments (coupled with religious use of sunscreen) have made a world of difference. The ugly blood vessels would disappear. Face takes on a more even complexion. I did not notice a significant shrinkage in my pores, however, I no longer felt the need to cover my skin in foundation as I was comfortable enough to go without it.

Pain wise, the treatment did not bother me. My aesthetician always immediately followed my treatment with a Gentle Waves treatment ($100 more). Immediately following treatment, my face was red but barely noticeable by the time I got home. Yes, your brown spots will darken and come to the surface. That is what is supposed to happen. They flake off (mine after about a week).

Skin Deep Medical Spa

I could not rate after care because it does not apply to me. I would like to point out that my treatments were given by Gisela, the aesthetician. She absolutely knows what she is doing and I am very confident with her handling my face.