45 Year Old, Breastfed 4 Kids, Want to Go from AA (Or Less) to C

I had a full B before pregnancy and kids. F when...

I had a full B before pregnancy and kids. F when breastfeeding, total years of breastfeeding was 9. My breasts now are 2 little sad saks hanging there empty.

I looked into breast aug since February, read many reviews, Q/A and videos on this website. I met 3 surgeons and decided on the last one who seems to be the most advanced. He only uses Sientra gummy bear, which I read far better than the other 2 brands.

I am doing high profile, between 350 cc and 400 cc, not decided yet. I can make that decision when I get there. I don't want the torpedo look, but I need to trust my dr. But again, I really, really want to be happy with the result.

Also, the BA is dual plane- half under half over muscle, I think that's what it means. It supposed to correct ptosis, which I have a mild case.

My stat is 5'2", 107-109 lbs, I think my base width is 13. I want to have a modest, natural look that is appropriate for my age. I am also very active, I run and work out a lot, so I also don't want the large breasts interfere with my life style.

I got my med, am cleaning the house today and ready. Just like many ladies who went before me, I am super excited and overly nervous the same time. I know the result will be pleasing, but still, that anxiety- what if it does not work out as I wish for - the size, the healing, the real odd of capsular contracture, infection, complication...

The next 2 days are hard... But, it shall come to pass :-)

Tomorrow is the date!

I am so nervous...

It's over. Rocky recovery

I thought I would be one of those wine who had it easy. Boy. Was I ever wrong. The boobs are great. The surgery went well. Dr Weinweig wa excellent. Just my body did not like ANY med. not antibiotic. Not sny pain med. not even the nausea pills. I was in hell feeling sick and nauseous for the first 18 hours. So sick from any med that I rather chose pain over nausea and took no pain med.

It's slowly improved. My breasts are so swollen hard rock tight But I can tell they will be beautiful.

I can't aprreciate my plastic surgeon enough. I am lucky to find him. He knows what would look good for me. And spend A LOT of time to educate and guide me through the decision process. I went in with the mind that I knew what was best for me and not going to let anyone turn me into a freak with giant boobs. I wanted the conservative look and insisted on 300 to 325. He explained to me why it was not enough to achieve my goal since I lost too much breast substance. I eventually convinced and let him decide for me when he operate. I so glad I did that.

Now I am just laying around being in pain and waiting to be healed.

Boobs are super tight and swollen. (I think I said it already...)
Husband helps with everything. I can't even reach for the water myself.

Patience is a much needed virtue...

Good luck to all of you lovely ladies who just had and about to have your BA.

Somehow it brings strength to know I am not alone. There are many of you who share the same experience, walked of about to walk the same path. :-)

Here are two pictures

I think they already look good.

375 cc. Smooth round gummy bear.

I am so glad my surgeon went with 375. I had some ptosis. So the high profile implant and dual plane approach help lift the nipple without performing a breast lift separately.

Great doctor again.

Big time swollen

Is it normal that the breasts are so swollen? I thought I read somewhere on this site that the third day is the most swollen? I am not in so much pain like the first day It was sharp pain then. But today I feel the pain is from swelling. Please share with me if you experienced the same.

Implants way high up

I am in 4 days post op. I read from many reviews that the implants will drop, but still am concerned because my implants are VERY HIGH. So high that the upper chest is full and nothing at the nipples areas where the volume should be at it's most.

The boobs right now look deformed. I am a bit worried.

Did anyone have this look and eventually changed into something beautiful?

Thank you!

ugliest boobs I ever seen

Sorry but I am so depressed today, implants are still as high as the first day, I am severely constipated, I only eat fruit and veggies, drink prune juice, coconut water, taking 2 different lkinds of laxatives, only to be bloated, cramped and miserable.

I read a lot that boobs will drop, but a few cases they don't. What if mine will not drop? I am so sad...

Not a good boob day

I tried to get back to minimal activities but boy, it hurts. The left incision is hurting so bad. It started a few days ago, and only get worse each day. I can't see it because it is covered up, but hurts even when I type this review.

Driving sucks, sitting sucks, walking sucks, cooking sucks. At this point, I don't feel like this is worth it at all. Boos are high and ugly, belly is protruding out like 5 months pregnant, can't move my arms freely, I walk hunching down, rounded shoulders.

Just feel so low...

Things are getting better

After several days of misery, I started to see light at the end of the tunnel. The boobs are softer, but they don't seem to drop a whole lot though.
The inactivity is taking a toll on my body fast with weight gain. I used to work out at least an hour a day, always on my feet doing something, going somewhere, now just some slow house work and laying around watch TV.
So I went for a slow walk around the neighborhood today, feeling great, but come home an hour later my head started to hurt so bad. I took pain med with no help. I even resort to Ibuprofen 800 mg (my strongest pain med) but no relief.
Wonder if the surgery altered how my body reacted to pain med?

Hematoma?

I have been complaining about my painful left boob. Never went away. I just decided to suck it up and let it pass. But tonight, to my horrow, I found this deep dark red spot under this boob and there is a lump size of twice a large bean. I am freaking out. It is most likely hematoma.

Will call the PS first thing tomorrow morning.

Take care everyone!

All is well!

First of all I wanted to say thank you so much for all your support. So much warmth and caring in this boobie community :-)

I spoke to my PS over the phone and he said it was small enough for the body to take care of. Any procedure now only aggrievate it and is not worth it.

It did not get any larger so I am OK with it. I think this was caused by my own stupidity the day before taking Ibuprfen IBuprofen can thin blood and induce bleeding. I thought after 12 days it would be OK. Throughout the entire experience, I took 1 hydrocodone (the first day) and 1.5 pill oxycodone because of nausea. But that night, the boob pain, the back ache and a pounding headache, I gave in and had to take something.

Any way, all is well now, cross my figures...

Thank you again for your comments and concerns. I hope we all doing well :-)

Getting my life back :-)

It's been a few days since my last update. I finally feel positive about the whole ordeal. I think it's a bit harder on me since I never had a surgery, broken bone, major illness, stitches or anything in my life and plunging into full blown surgery is a bit shocking. But finally I feel like I am me again :-)

I have started 40 minutes, medium-paced walking by 2 weeks post op. Last Friday (2 weeks post op) the kids are all out of school so we went camping. My husband and 2 boys did all the lifting and work, so I did not have to do anything to disturb my arms or pecs. The 5 hour ride was a bit hard. When I laid down on the air mattress that night, my whole chest / pecs / boobs were so sore.

The strangest thing is that the next morning when I got up, all the pain, aches, sore were GONE, gone like... gone gone gone! I literally felt like my old self was back.

And that's it, the pain never came back since. I could move my arms freely, I could reach over my head, I could do everything with these arms and not feeling pain on my boobs! It was so awesome!

Today I am back to the gym, did 40 minute intensive inclined walk and s bit of running and I feel fine now.

At 2 weeks my doctor told me I could do anything I want, started any activity I wanted. No restriction. I was really, really surprised with that since I read over and over again, almost all surgeons suggested some sort of guideline on back to activity, but my surgeon gave me a green light on everything.

I am not going to do any weight training that engages upper body muscles yet until at 6 weeks (as general rule from many other surgeons), but it feels great being able to get back to some serious cardio work out.

I tried some ab work today but found out that our ab muscles have a strong connection with our pecs so I stopped.

I also have been watching my food intake. Don't want to gain weight. What's the point to get big boobs and big belly also...

I hope everyone is doing great :-)

Here is a picture for comparing

I took this picture today. I "feel" like the implants have dropped a bit, but the pictures seem to look pretty much the same.
Could you ladies see any difference at all?
Thank you!

Saw my Dr. today

I saw dr Weinzwerg today because I was worry about the look of my breasts. They did not come down like most people I read reviews here.

He was upbeat and positive about my progress, telling me that everything looks nice and as expected and reassured me that the implants will come down. If not, he will come in and pull them down, no worry. I felt so good about it. Again, he took time to discuss (not just answers) all my concerns.

I already came to my own conclusion that I started out with very droopy boobs, there is a great chance that my result will not be as hot as a 25 year old who never breastfeeds.

I asked my dr. about the possibility of a nipple lifts (they are very low and pointing downward). The other 2 surgeons I met before dr. Weinzwerg told me I needed one. But dr Weinzwerg told me to wait and he was confident that the implants and the dual-plane technique that he used will correct the issue, I should not rush for a procedure that I probably end up not needing at all. It's very comforting to know my PS is watching out for my interest. (It could have been a separate procedure that brings him cash!)

I asked about a tummy tuck, he examined me and gave me a quick consultation on that, I loved everything I heard. Later the patient coordinator gave me a quote that I am absolutely thrilled about. Big discount, big grin on my face :-) Another 3 months and I will go for that!

STart (again, just START :-)) to look like boobs

Yeah, finally my girls start to make some good changes with their lives that make me very happy :-)
It's one week after my last update, but I "feel" like there is a lot of change. Was it coincidence that things change at around 4 to 6 weeks or is it because I have been more religious with wearing the band.
At some time last week I researched about the dual plan technique that my PS used on me. I knew about it before the BA but not quite fully understand.

I will go through a lengthy explanation in case it is helpful for some of my fellow future BA sisters who has ptosis like me. Then I will share with you my thought why the implants in dual plane will always drop.

Basically the difference between the traditional submuscular and the dual plane is that the implants sit completely under the muscles while in the dual plane, they sit half under and the bottoms sit on the breast tissue.
Since there is no muscle to hold it in place at the bottom, the implants impact the breast tissues and cause the nipples to rise up (like the bottoming out effect), while in the traditional submuscular, the implant position is control by the pec muscles and the breast tissue/nipples have to role in it, this causes misalignment between the implant position and the nipples position.

What I did not realize until the last week is that, it's not that the PS slices the breast tissue and pec muscles and insert the implant diagonally so top half of the implants are under and bottom half over, but he just cut OFF the bottom of the pec muscles so that the implants can be exposed to the breast tissues. It's like, in the traditional submuscular, the implants wear the pec muscles on the top like a "dress" (all the way to the ankles), vs in the dual plane, they wear the pec muscles like a "blouse", (only to past your hips).
Without the bottom, I think they have to drop once the muscles are softened and release them, wouldn't they? That's just MY thinking. It could be way wrong...

Well, since the BA, I have been obsessed with boobs and dropping. I read, reread thing I found online, like if I reread it, I can find new meaning LOL.

The day I came to my own conclusion that with the bottomless dual plane, I went from worrying about implants not dropping to "oh no, I have not been wearing enough supportive bra for my breast bottom. When I touch the bottom of my breasts, I can feel the implants. So it is there, just need the muscles to calm down and relax so the gel can migrate downward.

That night I had a dream where my implants feel too far, the pocket was open to the body and the implants traveling around allover every where, my stomach, my sides... then finally in my stomach and broke and I spit out some pieces of it (OK, I have to admit that I watched too much of that House MD TV series, LOL!)

Any how, I apologize for this long rambling update today, most of you are probably bored and left by now to even read this apology, hehehe...

What do you think about the pics? Do they look any difference or just my wishful thinking?

Typo... So sorry!

"implant position is control by the pec muscles and the breast tissue/nipples have "TO" role in it, this causes misalignment between the implant position and the nipples position."

Sorry about the typo in my previous post that makes no sense the word TO should be NO.

Not much happening the last 10 days

So my magic 6 week post-op came and left with somewhat disappointment. Some how in my mind this date will mark a big difference, but.. it did not... Same old high riding boobies.

This whole process , as many of you have pointed out, has truly been an emotional roller coaster ride. Days of optimism mixed in with periods of despair and "boobie hopelessness".

I am still happy that I have boob volume again, but... will I ever see the day when they look like they belong to me?

My scars heal incredibly well, at this point they no longer raised and they hide so well under the creases.

Bonus from my BA: my Dr has his own scar cream, vitamin E with SPF 30 and a number of awesome natural ingredients such as goat milk and olive oil. I was always in search for a good sunscreen since I got hyper pigmentation easily. When I got this scar cream that is supposed to go to my boobs, I tried it on my face. It came on smoothly and nicely, leaving my face dewy and soft. And I looked at my scars, they are not that bad and I did not like touching them. So, my boob scar cream has become my new favorite daily cream. And it's only $18 for 2 ounces, way less than half the price of my regular daily sunscreen :-)

That is the only positive boob-related news for today's update...

Momof2wo, the implants hardly dropped at all. The swelling has gone down substantially and that helps change the shape of the breast, but the implants seem to stay high at where they were before. That nagging thought in my mind- what if I needed a revision in a few months if my right boob does not drop.. I lost tons of hair after the BA, I don't want to go through another surgery any time soon....

Thank you for listening to me during my low, and cheer for me on my high... You ladies are the best, yes you are!

Seven week, small comment

Nothing much happening with the boobies, just want to thank you wonderful sweet ladies here with your support. Your kind words are of lots of encouragement and understanding. I wish I could be "tougher", more patient and not such a whiner :-)

My PS called and he is, again, supper personal and caring and again he soothed away my worry with his reassuring words of knowledge and professionalism, and he stands behind his work.

Not quite in love with my boobs yet but love my PS and his staff. I happened to drive near the neighborhood of the office (it's not some place I drive by often) and just had a good feeling towards it. The experience just become more and more positive everyday, even without the perfect result yet. Is it normal? LOL!

I want the tummy tuck at some point in the future for sure :-)

Just thought of something

Yes, I whined a lot and worried a lot and still not pleased with the way my boobs are. BUT- I would do it again and again and again...

As RedGlory mentioned somewhere, all the complaints, the nausea, the constipation, the pain,... they all faded away. Maybe at the time I cried about those things, they felt very real and intense, but looking back, it's all in the past and it has no bearing to the quality of my life right now.

I must be such a baby that cries about every discomfort, but I have to say, BA was a great experience. As I shared with my hubby tonight, when I drove near that surgery center this morning, I had such a good feeling remembering that BA date, and want to, actually, relive it!!! I told him somehow I felt like I wish I had 3 sets of boobies so I could do it again a couple more times. He busted out laughing so hard, saying I was the biggest whiner throughout the whole process. I started to complain as soon as they stuck the IV needle into my vain, and the first thing I did after waking up was moaning and complaining. (I did not remember any of that). Maybe the pain, the nausea, the bloating... all of that and everything else made such an amazing experience.

I am crazy! I can't believe I feel that way. I had 4 kids and never felt like I wanted to relive the childbirth moment even though child birth was pain free compare to BA. It must be my self-center love for myself, that I did something that makes me beautiful... whatsoever it is, I am surprised at this part of myself that I never knew before.

I think this explains my desire for the tummy tuck. Want the result, but also love the painful, scary process????... Totally crazy!

And back to reality, my boobs are still riding high :-)

Hair Loss?

Hello, I just wonder if any of you lovely ladies experience any hair loss after BA? I noticed a lot more hair on my floor since the BA and my head actually looks thinner....

Today is 8 weeks exact

Not much happening. There is no visible change from 1 month to 2 months...

9 weeks photos

I think most of the dropping has been done. I read that tissues heal and relax during the first 6 weeks and implants do the most dropping between 4 and 6 weeks, after that it will be a slow process and not as much.
It's probably is the case with me. I am pleased with how the left side progresses but not too impressed with the right side.

They are both much softer now but still not ever near like real breasts. But I wonder if they ever will, specially the parts that are under the muscles, because after all, it's the muscles that is touched and felt...

Just a little bit more to go, my dear implants, keep going girls, you are half way home, the pockets down there are so much roomier and nicer for you Haha :-)

Thank you all you lovely ladies who have been reading my posts and encouraging me with caring and kind words.

I hope you all have, are and will enjoy your new beauty :-)

A couple Frontal Image :-)

10 weeks

No change for the right side. Left is doing well. I am thinking of seeing the PS next week asking him to go in pull the right implant down. There is something at the bottom that prevents it from ging down. I push, I massage, but it seems unable to go down on its own, specially the outer edge.

Thank you for reading my update, my sisters in boobs :-)
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

At 9 weeks post op, my implants are still riding high, I start to really worry... The dr is very likable, I can give him all 5 stars below, but my result is not as I expected yet and I might need a revision, so I am not sure is overall is a positive experience...

Hi Jomin! Hope you are doing well :)
H Jomin I just sent u a PM ok! Hope you are doing well! Have a great weekend!
At least ur not alone mine ain't dropping anywhere either x blasted noobs lol xx well get there at lest they haven't dropped and won't drop to out belly buttons lol x sparkles to u for a drop xxx
Hi hon u and me bothe x I see there's change in u x not as much as wed like ha xx I'm now a week into wearing the strap and I still don't see much change x hang in there him you'll get there xx glitter bomb blast to I for quicker dropping xxc
Tinka, you are the most fun and adorable! Thank you for the glitter bomb blast, I wish I lived nearby you, I would ask you out to lunch all the time :-)
Hey jomin there u r x I'd love to do lunch with u xx I love glitter it just seems to make everything sparkly happy xx how u feeling xx ill check u out now to see xx glitter burst for a magic day / night xxx mwah much love to u xx I'm still in my strap lol xx
Hey Lady, you made the newletter this week, Congratulations. You're really looking good. Let us know what the PS says about the right side.
Hi Red, you mean me???? made the newsletter? Where do I click to find it? Thank you Red! :-)
Red, I read your update today, I LOVE your result, they are so beautiful!
Yes you pretty lady! Don't you get it in your emails? I get it every week. I'm not sure how to find it. Let me see if I can post the link to you. Nope, won't let me post the link.
Thanks!
Hey jomin congrats on making the newsletter x go to ur inboxes n it'll say jomins newsletters and scroll down untill I find ur review x again congrats hon u did it xx sparkles xxx
Hiya...sorry to hear that things haven't been happening evenly. I would see your doc asap to see what can be done. Unfortunately it does seem like he may have to release the pocket a bit on one side as the other has a great improvement...good luck with that hugs shelly xoxo
Completely agree! Looks like the pocket has to be released more.
I am hoping to see PS tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes. Thank you again for supporting me since day one! I love all Aussie ladies here, you guys rock :-)
Hi! Just want to say hello and see how are you doing?Hope all is well!Xoxo!
Hi NewBoobies, all is just the same, which sucks :-) I have passed 10 weeks, there have been improvement, definitely, but I am worry about the right side. My left has been dropping nicely and even started to fluff a bit, but my right remains high and deformed. I am torn between waiting it out or seeing my PS to ask for a revision on the right. The waiting game is too hard! --- I dropped a comment on your profile, I wish you strength to continue pressing forward and endure through this tough time...
Hi jomin x I had my 6 week check yesterday x and because I haven't dropped n I'm still empty on the bottom of my boobs I've now gotta wear a strap 24/7 for 6 weeks solid to make them drop x it was disheartening but hey if these girls need help dropping then they ain't going anywhere I don't want them too lol xx when's ur next check hon x maybe u need the strap xx mine r pushing down and I think in the next 6 weeks ill see change xx I hope xxhow r u xxx glitter wishes to u xx
Tinka, sorry that your girls did not drop as much as you like to see, but I think since your nipples are not low, not pointing down and at the center, your boobs look good. I wanted mine to drop in hope to pull the nipples upward a bit more. ------- I have the strap, wearing it every night and a few hour a day also. ------ That strap sucks, I hate it, but you are right, if they need help, they need help! ---- My next appointment is in 6 weeks. By then I will have a really good idea if I will need a revision on that right boob, which has not shown any movement. The left one is doing good, I could live with it the way it is.-------- Best wishes to you also Tinka! We'll make it there :-)
Omg we go through the same things lol x yep we r lucky in a sece these girls need help dropping so from here we won't need a lift because they rnt going anywhere without help xx how long u had ur strap hon ?? Got mine yesterday xxxx yes we will be right hon x thanks for ur reply been wondering weather u had a strap or not xxx glitter hugs for u xx to sparkle ur days xxxx
http://www.realself.com/user/430815 Here is a review of another Dr. Weinzweig patient. As you can tell, we all have the same issues with our breast augmentation results. At my first year mark I obtained my op report and went to a different ps for a second opinion. Based on the notes and the physical examination I was told that my implants were placed completely under muscle without its proper release. I recommend that you get a second opinion regarding your results.
http://www.realself.com/question/chicago-il-switch-subglandular-position Here are the photos of my breast augmentation performed by Dr. Weinzweig, my issues and doctors' answers!
Hi Snow Garden, Thank you for reaching out to me, your sharing of your BA experience with dr. Weinzwerg probably is THE MOST important to me right now, so please reply :-).-------- I know my result is unusually slow and there is a real chance of revision, specially the right side. The PS has been nothing but highly positive, and I like him and his staff very much, so I am trying to be patient. I am waiting to get to that stage when they finish changing, which is around 4 to 6 months and will make the decision.------ How did you resolve your issue with Dr. Weinzwerg? Did you get a revision, did you have to pay and how much? did it look good after all? Was your original BA under the breast crease or under the armpit?------------- I read he other lasdy's review that you shared but could not decide if it was him since his name was withdrawn, I reached out to her in private but did not receive a reply. Anything you share with me will be highly appreciated....
I had a breast fold implant placement. The pictures that I provided on RealSelf Q&A, were made 2 years post op. My implants are still riding high, my breasts are very hard because all you feel is the stretched muscle, it's very hard to find a bra that fits, since my implants sit on top of my breasts, so it looks like I have one breast underneath the other. I had exactly the same issues than you for many months. So did that other girl, who is the patient of our doctor, too, you can read that in the comments. I communicated with her extensively, she decided to have a revision with the same doc due to financial issues. You can read her revision review. She was still unhappy... Then unfortunately she just stopped posting and responding... I definitely need a revision, however it's hard for me to find a time frame for that since I have 2 young children that I have to take care of. I will post a review here after I have my revision done ( with a different PS). If you need more information from me, please PM me.
He did tell me more than once that if after several months the implants do not drop, he will go into get it down, a simple procedure and about 2 out of 100 would experience this issues. I hope I will not be among those minority 2%, but really I don't feel like much changes since 4 weeks. I try to stay positive, and I have been doing it pretty well, but that sneaky feeling that my result is far from typical is still bugging me everyday. Everyday I look for and hope for a miracle... I guess I will have an answer by mid September, which is my next post op appointment. Thank you again Snow!