Doin Great and Mexico - Hickory, NC

First I have to say to people going to Mexico for...

First I have to say to people going to Mexico for surgery DONT! You will need a Doctor for follow up care and no one is going to take you if they didnt do your surgery, I have a neighbor who had her surgery out of state and almost died searching for a DR to take her!

I had my surgery on April fools day 2013. Since then only small problems such as dry mouth. I can eat anything without any problems. Best thing I ever Did. Start 317 Now 229

Frye Medical ? Dr Cox

Best hospital best Gastric surgeon in NC. Wonderful Care Medicare and Blue Cross paid all, great billing staff that gets you covered

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss already, that's such a great achievement. How was your recovery period, following surgery? Did you have much pain or downtime?

Well it was supposed to be overnight but I sprung a leak and had to have 4 units of blood (not Uncommon) which kept me in the hospital for 5 days. All my fellow weight loss patients went home the next day and most were back at work within two weeks. I recovered a bit slower and was still pretty weak at two weeks, but when I got back on my feet I had more energy then I had at 18! I am so happy I did the surgery!!! I got out of the hospital on April 1st at 317lbs and now on June 25th I am 227! People pass me on the street or in stores and walk right by me, they don't know who I am. Now the negatives, constipation, some back pain while your body gets used to the new weight, getting used to eating again, and waiting for the extra skin to go away. A small price to pay for such a great thing! Blessings Art PS never took a pain pill following surgery

Thanks for the extra information, I'm glad you're doing well at the moment. I'm scheduled to have the sleeve on September 4th, but I'm going back and forth between the sleeve and the bypass!

I did a lot of research to and found people with the band don't lose as much weight and don't keep it off as well as the bypass... hope that helps
Thanks for your review. If I could have the surgery here i would. Unfortunately our medical system sucks. I am having surgery in one week in Mexico. My pcp has agreed to follow me afterwards. I think everything will work out well for me. Glad you shared your success! Congratulations!