On my Way to a New Life - Hialeah, FL

My motivation? my kids, my health, my happiness.(I...

My motivation? my kids, my health, my happiness.(I have sleep apnea). I've been considering Gastric Bypass for years but i was always too scared. I’m still a little nervous don’t get me wrong but it’s worth it . I’m currently 41 years old I weight 234, when I was younger I was about 160 lbs., fit, healthy, till I turned 35, I don’t have to lose that much but I have tried EVERYTHING!! Dr. Jorge Sosa will be doing my Surgery very soon. I pray for a fast recovery. Anyone out there that has had this sugery? HOW DO YOU FEEL???? : )

Good luck with your surgery, bellkiss! I look forward to following your journey. :)

Hi Belliss,

Welcome! Wow, December will come around in no time, you must be excited and probably a little nervous!

We do have a Weight Loss Surgery page, which has some guides written with input from board certified WLS surgeons. You may find some of them useful to read up on!

Please do keep us updated with your progress! I'll be having the same procedure sometime next year.

I haven't had mine yet but I send major prayers your way.. December will be here before you know it.. We are the same weight range.. I was 160 all through high school .. I had kids and then booooooom! All bad! lol Now I'm 232 @ 30yrs young!! xoxox

OMG its sooo close! I cant wait! So nervous.

OMG its sooo close! I cant wait! So nervous.
Wow I can relate exactly. I'm trying to find a good doctor in Orange County Calif. let us know how it goes! Best of luck girl :D

Good luck with your surgery, please do let us know how it goes!

Hope you're doing well! Can't wait to see how it goes for you. :)

Miami Beach Bariatric Surgeon

My mom told me about this doctor a while back and I looked him up.