The Weight is Over - Hershey, PA

Having the gastric bypass was the best decision I...

Having the gastric bypass was the best decision I have ever made. Preparing for surgery with Hershey surgical weight loss clinic was a huge help. Pre-op I have lost 73lbs. A lot of people complain about having to wait 6 month to have the surgery but the 6 month pre op diet and support has played a huge part in my journey. I am now 3 months and 2 weeks out from surgery.

My weight loss from surgery is 70lbs. Since July 2012 my total weight loss of 141lbs. When people ask how I did it. I tell them dedication,determination,and faith..I also share with everybody how Awesome my support team is from my family,friends, Hershey surgical weigh loss clinic staff,And my weight loss surgery community on Facebook.
Dr.Ann Rogers

Dr Rogers is amazing. I would highly recommend having surgery with her. While I was in the operating room I asked to see her before my surgery and she took the time to come out and talk to me. Which made me feel a lot better. The staff at Penn State Hershey Surgical Weight Loss are very nice. I have never experienced any issues with them. They make you feel welcome and take the time to answer any questions you have..even if you don't have an appointment they will still take the time and talk with you.

My recovery period wasn't bad. I had an issue getting enough protein in. And eating enough calories for the first month or so. I started walking a lot about 2 weeks out.The pain was only bad for the first week. The only negative thing about the whole process was I had to take the semester off from school. lol

I've heard that getting enough protein can be a problem. I'm trying to get used to drinking protein shakes now, so that once I have surgery, I won't mind it so much. Honestly, it's difficult because I don't really like the taste of them, but it's just something I'll have to get sued to!

A semester off of school sounds like fun, lol!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

You've done a great job so far, congratulations! If you don't mind sharng, how was your recovery period, following surgery? Did you have much pain and downtime?