33 Year Old Female - Sydney, Australia - Permalips - Hermosa Beach, CA

Due to work commitments, I had a very limited...

Due to work commitments, I had a very limited timeframe within which to perform the procedure.

I had contacted Dr Pearson in LA via email on a Sunday (Australia time), and Dr Pearson was good enough to contact me the very next morning.

I accordingly booked the consultation and procedure with him immediately.

I had found out about Dr Pearson via the Surgisil website and also through many positive reviews on Real Self.

I travelled from Australia to LA to have the procedure performed with Dr Pearson. We do not have the procedure available in Australia yet and we have no indication as to how many years before it gets here - and to be honest, the investment in the return flight to LA and the surgery itself is on par with a couple of years of temporary fillers!

Before flying out of Sydney, Dr Pearson had been in regular contact via email and had given me a list of medications which I would need to start taking, including antibiotics, antivirals, steroids, bromelain and arnica.

I arrived at Dr Pearson's office after a 13-hour flight from Sydney, Australia, and was greeted by Dr Pearson himself.

His first words to me were "Welcome, you've come such a long way".

Dr Pearson immediately put me at ease. He is a very warm and gentle person. He is softly spoken and genuinely kind. No question is too finicky, no detail is too superficial. Dr Pearson spent a great deal of time discussing the procedure with me, explaining what I should expect, and generally making sure that I felt comfortable and confident in going ahead. He also fit me into a very tight timeslot, which I am sure messed up his scheduling somewhat, but for which I am truly grateful.

Dr Pearson performed the procedure under local anaesthetic and I did not feel much at all. Dr Pearson was so wonderful in ensuring that I remained comfortable throughout the procedure. As I had been having temporary fillers for so many years and knew exactly what look I was after, I had the 5mm top and bottom.

The whole procedure including numbing took about one hour. When I looked in the mirror straight afterwards, I was very swollen! By I had been warned beforehand, and rest assured, the swelling does come down quickly.

As I was flying back out the same night, Dr Pearson gave me a bag containing post-operative instructions, antibacterial ointment, two big packets of arnica tablets, three new surgical masks which I could wear at the airport (so I wouldn't look like a swollen weirdo), ice packs, gauze and medical tape. He also confirmed that he would call me when I arrived at the airport to make sure that I was okay - which he did. He was even good enough to have his wonderful right-hand woman and patient co-ordinator drive me to the airport to save me the hassle of a taxi! There are not enough nice things that I can say about the patient co-ordinator, and like Dr Pearson, she is a genuinely warm and wonderful human being.

I took the flight without any dramas, and the majority of the pain subsided within 5 hours. I actually spent most of the flight sleeping, which was a blessing. Also, no doubt the elevated seat on the plane helped with the swelling!

Since I have returned to Sydney, Dr Pearson has called me EVERY SINGLE DAY without fail. He has been absolutely wonderful. I have not felt alone at all. He has asked for photographs everyday, which I have sent him via email, in order to update him on my recovery.

There are not enough good things that I can say about Dr Pearson and his staff. He is a truly lovely man who happens to be an amazing facial plastic surgeon. If only I could have brought him back with me to Sydney.

Ten stars.