Help Me Deal with the Discomfort...

At first I thought I was going to be extremely...

At first I thought I was going to be extremely happy with my abdominal liposuction, but now, 3 weeks later, I'm still hurting. I am swollen and have a very sore abdomen. I'm starting to get very depressed, especially at night when I can't sleep.

I am still extremely sore and swollen 3 weeks after abdominal tumescent liposuction, which I heard had the shortest recovery.

I am so uncomfortable at night, I have been removing my compression garment. How long can I expect this pain to last, and am I doing any damage by removing the garment at night?

Lidocaine poisoning was another reason why I chose PAL which involves a general anesthetic. I agree with you, people need to be very cautious about the claims that are being made about Smart and Vaser Lipo. I don't discount that people have had these procedures and gotten great results, but there do seem to be a lot of people that indicate they see no change, I don't know how you can not see any change unless these people were extremely large in which case, lipo was not the appropriate answer for them in the first place. Sorry to hear of your problems. I am almost 12 weeks post-op, I still have some tenderness especially in my legs and over my waist bones. I am just this week starting wo wear my garment a little less. Didn't wear it this morning to do a kickboxing class, obviously not wearing it when I go to the pool or to the lake, but otherwise I wear it most of the time during the days at work at home and while sleeping. Questions for you? Did your doctor discuss at all with you about the risk of lidocaine poisoning? When you paid for your procedure up front did the office staff inform you verbally or written about no refunds, or that a portion of the amount was non refundable. Seems to me that refusing to refund that large amount will not hold up. I know my surgery required a $500 non refundable deposit. My guess is that the doctor if there is nothing in writing about no refunds or nothing posted in the office, then you will have no problem getting your money back after a letter from the lawyer. Last thing the doc is going to want is to have a lawsuit on public record that he refused to return money for a procedure not performed. No matter how difficult it may seem right now, get moving, get out and get phsyical, go to the gym or some other activity you enjoy. It will help decrease your soreness and help rid the depression. Good luck and hope you start feeling better.
I'm two months post op and STILL wear my garment 24/7. Still with pain that takes narcotics to control. So much for mild to moderate pain. I've never been in so much pain in my life. 9 hours after treatment had to do the 911 ambulance ride thing with lidocaine overdose. Spent three days in hospital - 18 days off work - back to work now but haven't put in a full 40 hours. I sleep about 2 to 4 hours at a time. Fighting like heck to head the depression off and find I'm pretty much drained most of the time. Can't believe I believed their sells pitch. Oh, I was suppose to have a second procedure completed the next week - opted not to do it because they almost killed me the first time and won't return my money for the second procedure. $6,700.00. I have appointments with attorneys next week.
Massage, Massage, Massage. It can hurt like hell, but is so important. I am 4 weeks post-op and wear my garment all the time except for showers of course. I plan on wearing the garment for 3 months (suggested by my docs staff). Move, movement helps get your lymph moving which in turn pumps out the toxins. Finally find a massage therapist in your area that does lymphatic drainage massage. good luck
Melissa Hoehn

I think I wouuld have rather exercised and dieted the weight and fat away. Now I am extremely sore, and scared that it is permanent. I wish someone could reassure me that this discomfort will end soon.