27 Year Old Mommy of 9 Month Old & 9 Year Old 2 C-sections W/ Umibilical Hernia & Diastasis. Urbandale, IA

I use to have an active lifestyle and did martial...

I use to have an active lifestyle and did martial arts, running and yoga. My first pregnancy I got a mild case of diastsasis but with the proper workouts I was able to minimize it and live with that happily. But during my 2nd pregnancy I got a condition that caused excessive amniotic fluid. It appeared I had twins in there! It left me me with lots of extra skin, stretch marks above and below my belly button right down the center of my abdomen, and a hernia in my belly button caused by really bad diastsasis. I have an athletic build, 5'4" 125-128 lbs. I wanted my tummy to match the rest of me and I couldn't do any excersizes due the discomfort brought on by my hernia and diastasis. Something as simple as a stretch or twist, running, jumping, was painful. I wanted my active life back!!! Also my first c-section scar was crooked and pulled every time I sneezed or coughed too hard. I figured even if the tummy tuck scar prevented me from ever wearing a bikini it's still better than how I was living a life after of pain or further damage.

Now that it's over, I can say I know I will be wearing a sexy bikini next summer and I will be back to working out in a couple months! I will never regret this. Worth every penny!! Every woman deserves to feel this good about themselves. Men buy new cars or bikes, women get their hair done and get fixed what exercises can't! Lol I see no problem! :-)

Great to hear you're off pain meds so quickly. Would love to see some after pics. 9 more days for me!
They are coming soon!

1-4 post op day photos!!

30 hours I took my first shower. 8 lbs heavier due to water retention and swelling. I used only antibacterial soup on scar and pat dry with separate towel. I let Iit aur dry before I laid gauze pad over between me and the binder. No bleeding or oozing so thats great

Next day started my menstrual cycle right on time. No big deal really. Still retaining water and swelling but not as bad since I put the binder on nice and tight. To day very much the same as last shower/pat dry/gauze pads/binder. My one drain is becoming organge and yellow already.

Day three; slept a lot today. Had dr appoint and doing very well. He told me I can now walk straight. Showering is the same but now just putting cami on under the binder but no gauze because im not bleeding or oozing.

Day four, same but getting really tired of sleepong on my back. Tried to roll to my side but pulled my muscle repair up right under my sturnum. Thought I mifht call the dr but today day (day 5) the little knot is gone and it doesnt hurt unless I push on it. Again im on zero pain relief. Not even Tylenol. So I think if I ruined anything it would be much more painful! But just a reminder, LISTEN TO YOUR DR!!
Day 5 is not over yet. My only concern is that I still have not gone #2 yet. This is normal for me after surgery, but it still sucks. Im taking stuff for it so hopefully today is the day I go potty! Lol

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

sorry about grammar and spelling.

Im doing all this from my phone so forgive me. But im sure you alm get the jist of what im saying ;-)

Dr Eugene Cherny

Dr Cherny exceeded all my expectations. Down to earth, sincere, knowledgeable, honest at consultation. He's also kind of funny too. I never felt uncomfortable or that I was bothersome with all my question. But, make sure you do all your home work before you go to any surgeon about a procedure so you have your questions ready. Right before surgery the staff was comforting and will do anything to help you feel at easy. Surgery will make anyone nervous, but they know how to help you. After I woke up they were all about me. Everyone was focused on me and treated me like a star. Again they did everything they could to help me feel comfortable and got me ready to go home. They taught my husband everything he needed to know on how to care for me and gave us simple instructions to take home too. After I got home I always had someone I could call no matter what time it was. And I looked at my scar and it was much lower and better than I expected! My new belly button is cute already! I am still swollen and some scabs but I'm only 4 days out. My pain level is low. Today is the first day I have not taken any, none, zero, pain relief what so ever today. Only a little sore like I worked out and the incision is still a little numb but only stings with pressure is applied. I'm very impressed and happy with the work of Dr Cherny and his staff. I know it's only going to get better.