Did Absolutely Nothing for my Skin - Pasadena, CA

I spent $95 at a medical spa getting...

I spent $95 at a medical spa getting microdermabrasion and unfortunately it didn't make a visible difference. I was hoping for a difference but I saw nothing. The medical spa was very nice and the woman who did the procedure was very good to talk to and she gave me a lot of skin care advice but next time I'm going to try a glycolic peel.

One treatment, bascially of any kind, IMO won't yield such immediate visible differences. You don't say for what issue exactly you pursued microdermabrasion - but I'd say, based on a 3-year "project", that it's more likely a combo of different things is what's required to get whatever results you desire - a combo and TIME. There aren't any magic wands. And, as a cautionary note, those who get "greedy" and want more and more - often end up posting "Help me!" things here on RealSelf because they've been wounded and injured in the effort. Slow and steady wins the race. In any event a MICROdermabrasion is just that - it's not like those deep dermabrasions they used to do for severe acne scarring - and those yielded horrible wounds that took months to recover from. You always have something of a choice between cost/downtime. There's a certain tradeoff. The more "severe" the treatment - the longer the downtime will be. Also, at one whack, those treatments will be more expensive. A lighter touch will require multiple treatments - and while each treatment is cheaper - overall, you may end up spending more money - but you might be able to go out in public or back to the work the next day with no one being the wiser. Those choices are very personal and should be carefully considered and weighed.
It takes several treatments before you'll see a difference with microderm. I used do them in clusters of six treatments every so often. Face looked amazing.

I tend to prefer chemical peels to microdermabrasion myself. Do you know what kind of tip was used, or if she was aggressive or went mild since it sounds like it was your first microderm?

Holly ?