Weight Loss and Excess Skin - Melbourne, AU

In 2003 I had lap band surgery and lost about 50...

In 2003 I had lap band surgery and lost about 50 kilos, during that time I had 2 children. I was desperate to get rid of all the saggy skin, especially in my thighs, I went to my local doctor who referred to me Richard Bloom. Mr Bloom suggested that I have a body lift in two operations, this first would be the upper body, including breasts, ribs, and back, and the second to be tummy, hips, buttock and thighs. I came away thinking yes I want to do this and felt extremely comfortable with Mr Bloom. I decided to do this and have done so. I am extremely happy with my new body.

My first appointment I think I went thinking there will be nothing he could do and was very apprehensive as I looked horrible. Mr Bloom made me feel right at ease and that the ideas I had about my own body were valid and what I wanted to achieve was achievable. I walked away with a plan of action and a quote which was very detailed and explained to me in detail. It took me a couple of weeks and I booked in my procedure. I did my body lift in two stages, the upper body in 2011 and the the bottom have in 2013. In both surgeries I felt in excellent hands and I was in hospital for about 3-4 days. The pain was bearable and at all times the hospital staff at Cabrini tried to make me comfortable. I couldn't have asked for better. It has been 6 months since the last operation and I could not be happier, the scars are great and will get better over time like they did from the first operation.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

The follow up by Richard Bloom has been fantastic and the staff at his rooms in Hawthorn. All my questions have been answered in a very professional and helpful way, and no question I had seemed too much trouble to answer. I would definitely recommend Mr Richard Bloom if you are thinking of any procedure. I am so excited about the way my body looks now, with all the excess skin gone.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

I'm so glad everything went well for you. If you don't mind sharing, how long was your recovery period? Did you have to take much time off of work?

We'd love to see a before/after photo, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing.